Page 55 of 118 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    I don't get why the Titans were so afraid of Doctor Light.
    In present day Jason kicked his ass, in the flashback they had one fight with him and it wasn't even all that impressive.

Also I don't like Deathstroke's costume in this, looks too clunky and I don't get why there's a red light where his missing eye is, I can't imagine it has any practical use.
    Light was an unknown, and powered up by absorbing electricity. Jason got him relatively weak, and he was being setup for a trap anyway.

Well as soon as it was shown to be a flashback episode everything about it became super predictable. Not always a bad thing. The actor who played Garth was more likable then half the actors on this show. Wish he would stuck around

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    I don't get why the Titans were so afraid of Doctor Light.
    In present day Jason kicked his ass, in the flashback they had one fight with him and it wasn't even all that impressive.

Also I don't like Deathstroke's costume in this, looks too clunky and I don't get why there's a red light where his missing eye is, I can't imagine it has any practical use.
    The action for this show can be so inconsistent. One one hand the training sequences (though repetitive) have been really good, and so was the Rose chase sequence. On the other hand we have these really choppy and dark fight scenes in this episode. The action looked really cheap.

I was liking how the Deathstroke assassinations in the beginning started until that fake CGI sword popped out of the priest's chess. Regardless the sequence felt pretty pointless because it said nothing about Slade's character (I also don't like how everyone keeps calling him Deathstroke for no reason, like when in the flashback he had been ID'd by Dick and he called him that).

Agreed about the Deathstroke costume. The red light defeats the purpose of selling Slade as a one-eyed badass. There's something so unsettling about Slade with his one eyed mask that makes him so intimidating and iconic. It worked so well on the Teen Titans animated series for instance. I bet the costume designer saw that he's been called "Deathstroke the Terminator" and thought this was a brilliant idea.

Agreed about episode feeling predictable with Donna and Garth. Garth has always been one DC character I've been interested in and I didn't find anything in this portrayal interesting. The actor is fine (and fineee) but he looks too much like Arthur Curry/Aquaman to me and I didn't find his character or love story with Donna any bit compelling. I do really like the actress playing Donna though. I think she sells every scene she's in. I'm also excited about the kid playing Jericho. He's got the kind of energy this show needs desperately more of, because so many characters in it are just boring to watch, especially Dawn, Dick, Gar, Raven and Kori.

Weaker episode overall. I hope this season picks up things because it started off really well.

Theory:
    -- When we see Dick approach Jericho with some apparently ill intent, we are lead to assume Donna's "Be Batman" remark and the fact that the heroes are going for revenge will lead to something bad happening. But I don't think it will be Jericho's death. I think that maybe Dick is hiding him from Slade - that he'll pull back before crossing some line in his quest for revenge and help Jericho and maybe his mother; we saw how paranoid she was and trying to keep Jericho hidden. The real question will be who knows this and who thinks Jericho's actually dead. Does Rose think so and maybe that's why she's helping Slade? (if she is) Or does Slade know and he's keeping that from her so he can use her? Keeping information from those you love and are supposed to trust seems like it might be a theme.

In general, there seems to be a big arc in terms of the parallels between Dick/Batman and Slade/Rose/Jericho. Who will repeat the sins of the father, who will rise above that influence, etc? Dick "saving" Jericho - keeping him away from his dad, would be an act on Dick's part to metaphorically pull himself away from Batman and the darkness that he's afraid has infected him.

So Aqualad can stand there and take Dr. Lights blast but Donna is running for her life? That's the only issue I had.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    So Aqualad can stand there and take Dr. Lights blast but Donna is running for her life? That's the only issue I had.
    Maybe Garth's skin is tougher than Donna's?

Remember, Donna was adopted by the Amazons, not one by birth. That may have something to do with it. Or I could be completely wrong and its just plot stupidity.

I've been enjoying this season so far but we're 4 episodes in .... where the hell are Conner and Krypto already?

So is the idea that the Titans... killed Jericho as revenge for what Slade did to Garth?

I've never shipped Donna and Garth in the comics (Diana and Arthur on the other hand...), but I liked their relationship here. The Nemo story was cute. Naturally it couldn't last, but it was still cool seeing a bunch of costumed Titans fighting a super villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Regardless the sequence felt pretty pointless because it said nothing about Slade's character (I also don't like how everyone keeps calling him Deathstroke for no reason, like when in the flashback he had been ID'd by Dick and he called him that).
    That was weird because it had his picture and said "Wilson, Slade" and Dick said "His name's Deathstroke".

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Theory:
    -- When we see Dick approach Jericho with some apparently ill intent, we are lead to assume Donna's "Be Batman" remark and the fact that the heroes are going for revenge will lead to something bad happening. But I don't think it will be Jericho's death. I think that maybe Dick is hiding him from Slade - that he'll pull back before crossing some line in his quest for revenge and help Jericho and maybe his mother; we saw how paranoid she was and trying to keep Jericho hidden. The real question will be who knows this and who thinks Jericho's actually dead. Does Rose think so and maybe that's why she's helping Slade? (if she is) Or does Slade know and he's keeping that from her so he can use her? Keeping information from those you love and are supposed to trust seems like it might be a theme.

In general, there seems to be a big arc in terms of the parallels between Dick/Batman and Slade/Rose/Jericho. Who will repeat the sins of the father, who will rise above that influence, etc? Dick "saving" Jericho - keeping him away from his dad, would be an act on Dick's part to metaphorically pull himself away from Batman and the darkness that he's afraid has infected him.
    That would be an interesting twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Maybe Garth's skin is tougher than Donna's?

Remember, Donna was adopted by the Amazons, not one by birth. That may have something to do with it. Or I could be completely wrong and its just plot stupidity.
    Since this was our introduction to Garth, we can assume he's pretty tough physically in this continuity (to a point anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So is the idea that the Titans... killed Jericho as revenge for what Slade did to Garth?
    If they do I'm out. Cant root for them. If they use him and it's an accident he gets killed I'm fine with it.. but if they murder a kid I'm out. Already weird seeing beats boy eating people

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If they do I'm out. Cant root for them. If they use him and it's an accident he gets killed I'm fine with it.. but if they murder a kid I'm out. Already weird seeing beats boy eating people
    There's no way they're going to have the Titans murder a deaf kid who's guilty of nothing other than being Slade's son. I think we can safely say that.

I do wonder if Slade's weird morality is such that his contract was to kill "The Titans" and that's why they break up - to negate the literal word of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    There's no way they're going to have the Titans murder a deaf kid who's guilty of nothing other than being Slade's son. I think we can safely say that.

I do wonder if Slade's weird morality is such that his contract was to kill "The Titans" and that's why they break up - to negate the literal word of the contract.
    Hes def? Thought he had a scar on his throat and was just mute.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hes def? Thought he had a scar on his throat and was just mute.
    The actor is def. I don't think the character is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The actor is def. I don't think the character is.
    Correct. Jericho in the comics isn't deaf his throat was cut as a result from his father's work. He did however learn sign language at some point to communicate with others. Its unclear to me though if this iteration of him is supposed to be deaf or not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The action for this show can be so inconsistent. One one hand the training sequences (though repetitive) have been really good, and so was the Rose chase sequence. On the other hand we have these really choppy and dark fight scenes in this episode. The action looked really cheap.

I was liking how the Deathstroke assassinations in the beginning started until that fake CGI sword popped out of the priest's chess. Regardless the sequence felt pretty pointless because it said nothing about Slade's character (I also don't like how everyone keeps calling him Deathstroke for no reason, like when in the flashback he had been ID'd by Dick and he called him that).

Agreed about the Deathstroke costume. The red light defeats the purpose of selling Slade as a one-eyed badass. There's something so unsettling about Slade with his one eyed mask that makes him so intimidating and iconic. It worked so well on the Teen Titans animated series for instance. I bet the costume designer saw that he's been called "Deathstroke the Terminator" and thought this was a brilliant idea.

Agreed about episode feeling predictable with Donna and Garth. Garth has always been one DC character I've been interested in and I didn't find anything in this portrayal interesting. The actor is fine (and fineee) but he looks too much like Arthur Curry/Aquaman to me and I didn't find his character or love story with Donna any bit compelling. I do really like the actress playing Donna though. I think she sells every scene she's in. I'm also excited about the kid playing Jericho. He's got the kind of energy this show needs desperately more of, because so many characters in it are just boring to watch, especially Dawn, Dick, Gar, Raven and Kori.

Weaker episode overall. I hope this season picks up things because it started off really well.
    I tend to give them breaks on the action sequences and the CGI. I mean all of Aqualads water CGI was cringe. But, I gave it a pass. And they have continuously made Beastboy plot points weaker cause they cant CGI a ton of animal forms all the time.
    Who is the liaison character Donna had make arrangements to get to the island? Is she a real comics character?