Page 56 of 118 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hes def? Thought he had a scar on his throat and was just mute.
    Yes, my mistake.

Well, after the “Deathstroke” episode, I think we can say that this is definitely a new spin on the history of Dick Grayson and the Titans. I mean that as neither good nor bad on the face of it, just an observation. I do think the developing relationships are a good point, with that between Hank and Jason being especially interesting.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

So I'm guessing spoilers:
    Dick and the OG Titans really did kill Jericho to avenge Garth? Dawn says Dick should "be Batman" and considering how Dick had to leave him to become less violent, it's because that's what Batman would have done? This universe's Batman must have had no morals. How was he a member of the Justice League? And didn't Dawn and Hank both give Dick **** for being violent in season one?
    end of spoilers

Didn't really like this episode again though. I do like that Dr Light was offed because he was boring, but he was so inconsistent. Jason took him out on his own but the OG Titans struggled with him. Then Deathstroke can just shoot him in the head and call it a day. Deathstroke also doesn't feel as intimidating as the show tries to say he is. Kory can go toe to toe with him and he doesn't feel all that powerful and focused. Wished he tortured Jason more to prove that point (and Jason's thigh/knee looked fine afterwards). Also felt his plan to kill Jason was too elaborate, and ending with Jason falling obviously means he won't die.

That being said I still like the stuff with Rachel. She rightfully called out Gar for agreeing to what was a stupid plan, and while I don't think these powers are manifesting in interesting ways I like that the struggle is still there, but it is a repeat of the first season.

Edit: Double post
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 10-06-2019 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    So I'm guessing spoilers:
    Dick and the OG Titans really did kill Jericho to avenge Garth? Dawn says Dick should "be Batman" and considering how Dick had to leave him to become less violent, it's because that's what Batman would have done? This universe's Batman must have had no morals. How was he a member of the Justice League? And didn't Dawn and Hank both give Dick **** for being violent in season one?
    end of spoilers

Didn't really like this episode again though. I do like that Dr Light was offed because he was boring, but he was so inconsistent. Jason took him out on his own but the OG Titans struggled with him. Then Deathstroke can just shoot him in the head and call it a day. Deathstroke also doesn't feel as intimidating as the show tries to say he is. Kory can go toe to toe with him and he doesn't feel all that powerful and focused. Wished he tortured Jason more to prove that point (and Jason's thigh/knee looked fine afterwards). Also felt his plan to kill Jason was too elaborate, and ending with Jason falling obviously means he won't die.

That being said I still like the stuff with Rachel. She rightfully called out Gar for agreeing to what was a stupid plan, and while I don't think these powers are manifesting in interesting ways I like that the struggle is still there, but it is a repeat of the first season.
    spoilers:
    Actually, Slade took on both Kori and Dick, knocked out Kori by using her own fire attack against her, and quickly got the upperhand on Dick. Even before that, both of them struggled to even land a decent hit on Slade. And if Slade's healing ability is anything like Rose's, nothing they do would last very long.

For Jason, I'm thinking either Kori starts flying here, or Superboy (title of the next episode) catches Jason as he falls. If Jason was going to die this episode, they would have shown it.
    end of spoilers

Should be noted that Jason did catch Light offguard the second time. And though this version is VASTLY different than how he was in the comics as Robin, both pre- and post-Crisis, he's a scene stealer whenever he's on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I'm gonna bet that's most certainly not what happened.
    An important detail to remember about Batman in this universe is for all Dick's talk of him being violent Dick is an unreliable narrator, and all he was really doing was blaming his own darker impulses on Bruce.
    spoilers:
    More likely what happened is they made Jericho apart of the team as a way of getting to Deathstroke and as a result he ended up dead, with Deathstroke blaming the Titans for it.
    Remember all the things Deathstroke says about Dick, that he's a charlatan, a con man, if they just flat out killed Jericho as revenge nothing Deathstroke is saying would actually apply here, and he wouldn't specifically single Dick out. Plus I doubt they'd make the protagonists kill a lonely mute kid
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    I'm gonna bet that's most certainly not what happened.
    An important detail to remember about Batman in this universe is for all Dick's talk of him being violent Dick is an unreliable narrator, and all he was really doing was blaming his own darker impulses on Bruce.
    spoilers:
    More likely what happened is they made Jericho apart of the team as a way of getting to Deathstroke and as a result he ended up dead, with Deathstroke blaming the Titans for it.
    Remember all the things Deathstroke says about Dick, that he's a charlatan, a con man, if they just flat out killed Jericho as revenge nothing Deathstroke is saying would actually apply here, and he wouldn't specifically single Dick out. Plus I doubt they'd make the protagonists kill a lonely mute kid
    end of spoilers
    Almost certainly this.

spoilers:
    Making the elder Titans actually be responsible for murdering Jericho, and not just getting him killed, would be a bridge to far for most of the audience, I expect. They are unquestionably guilty for his death, but I will be genuinely surprised if it's anything as simple as they just outright killed him.

Plus, there is clearly another encounter with Deathstroke that we haven't been made privy to yet. I still think Slade killing Jericho is entirely possible, even likely. And, I should add since I've been mentioning it every episode, there is still plenty of room for the Geoff Johns Teen Titans, this is Jericho in Slade's body, plotline to be in play here.
    end of spoilers

As for the ending: My, what an appropriate time to have a cast member we haven't seen all season yet, eh? Jason is no Lois Lane though.

Astonishing Member

One thing I am struggling with is they fight in their street clothes far too often. I mean only Jason ALWAYS goes out in costume. Hawk and Dove, Donna and Dick are most of the time like they are just running to the grocery store then oops battle.

I know they are trying to keep Dick as "figuring it out" and not pushing him to Nightwing yet.

But you are headed out to confront a major villian who was the reason you broke up the last time and they just walk out in street clothes for what should be the fight of their lives. They didn't know Dick would go solo. Its just weird to me storywise.

I was thinking Kory would discover her flying ability and rescue Jason -- not that she still might not...

We've seen this so often with superhero shows where hiding things from people to protect them always ends up badly. Dick is really dropping the ball when it comes to leadership.

Not a fan of the Deadshot red eye for Deathstroke. His design is so distinctive and awesome as is. One can take so many liberties with the rest of his outfit - Why undermine the one thing that makes it what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I was thinking Kory would discover her flying ability and rescue Jason -- not that she still might not...

We've seen this so often with superhero shows where hiding things from people to protect them always ends up badly. Dick is really dropping the ball when it comes to leadership.

Not a fan of the Deadshot red eye for Deathstroke. His design is so distinctive and awesome as is. One can take so many liberties with the rest of his outfit - Why undermine the one thing that makes it what it is?
    And even if she dont fly it woulda been nice if she did something beside just sit there.. also I guess they were both tired and hurt but Between the two of them I think they should been able pull him up. but I hate when people who have done **** way more impressive then a pull up cant get up in that situation. As Someone who done that more then once(Jumping a wall not life or death). Basicaly the other person just has to hold your weight and pull up a little and it makes it surprisingly easy to pull yourself up. Again they were tired and hurt though. But there other movies and shows where that same thing happens all the time. It's when the person hanging it Ko'd like Batman begins where then it become a crazy strength feat. But both people working together it really isnt hard. But yea Jason was tortured and Dick had just got his ass beat and disoriented.

Also, Jason has his costume which makes it weird that his cape wouldn't have the same abilities as Batman's in terms of helping break his fall if not actually being able to glide. Batman's a dick in every universe,(to quote Hal Jordan) but he's not that much of a dick is he?

Astonishing Member

The Conner episode is really good imo. He easily is more interesting immediately than some of the other characters with 2 seasons under their belt.

The action and special effects seemed better here than other episodes also.

Conner very much is trying to be a good person. And he really is a big kid.

Also makes me think that Jason and Conner are going to be friends in this series. Comics, it was Conner and Tim. Young Justice was Dick and Conner. And Titans, Jason and Conner. Though, they'll need to get those kryptonite bullets out first. And then rescue the sweet puppy.

This was my favourite episode yet.

Characterisation and action were both excellent IMHumbleO.

Who would have thought that a superhero show that's 3/4 people standing around chatting could be this good?

Agree with everyone above. This has been the best episode this season. Really like what they're doing with Conner's character, wrestling with Luthor's intelligence and darkness with Superman's warmth and light. I liked his relationship with Eve and I giggled when he stole that old lady's purse haha. I hope more of those big kid elements come out a bit more. The fight scene at the Luthor house was superb as well. And I can see Krypto becoming a highlight of the series (they better save him!).