Page 58 of 118 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Long live the Batusi!

Never would have thought that Ser Jorah would make such a fun Bruce Wayne. Head version or no.

spoilers:
    And man, poor Jason. Dealing with the trauma of nearly dying, only to be accused of harassing the others. Krypto is saved. Dick is finally being upfront. Conner will be fine. And someone screwing with their heads.
    end of spoilers

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Ser Batman might be my favorite version of Bruce to date (even if it just exists in Dick’s head)

Also, who needs enemies when you have team mates like that?
    Last edited by Arsenal; 10-19-2019 at 08:15 AM.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Batusi was epic. I know it was a one and done thing but I loved snippy Bruce.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    How are the ratings this season?
    It's a streaming show. There are no ratings.

Astonishing Member

Gotta give credit to some of the acting this episode they are really stretching their legs a bit. Jason showed vulnerability and his scenes with Rose showed a tender side I thought they did well there showing her crack the tough guy veneer and see something more from him. Prior to this I could do without Rose. Shes clearly disposable to me in a cast this large.

Dick did really well too exploring his inner demons, it was believable it seemed like a culmination and true turning point for him opening up to Jason letting it all out. Hopefully it propels him to Nightwing.

Need more Conner and I am totally here for butt scenes every episode.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 10-19-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The woman who created Connor, is she a comic character or a creation of the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's a streaming show. There are no ratings.
    There are measurements for how high the viewership is. I've seen them. The DCU shows did pretty well last season, I think. They were up there with Star Trek Discovery if I remember well.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    There are measurements for how high the viewership is. I've seen them. The DCU shows did pretty well last season, I think. They were up there with Star Trek Discovery if I remember well.
    The viewing numbers while nice aren't as important as the fact they sell the show to Netflix which helps cover the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The woman who created Connor, is she a comic character or a creation of the show?
    Seems like a creation of the show.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Latest episode may not be my favourite (it being 'Superboy') but this was really good. By far the best acting this show has ever had. I've always liked Jason and thought he brought the best energy amongst the cast, but he absolutely shined here. Curran Walters delivered a performance that felt right within his character. Not too over-the-top emotional but still vulnerable and pained. And Dick's moment in the church was really powerful. Props to Brenton Thwaites for that.

spoilers:
    I didn't find the "Fake Bruce Wayne" thing as convincing as it was made out to be. Dick hasn't struck me as the person to have such strong hallucinations that he'd talk to and be so mentally imbalanced. It didn't feel like the next logical step after Jason nearly died, and we don't even know what happened as Jason fell and Conner saved him with Dick, Kori and Slade. While I enjoyed Iain Glen's performance, I thought using Bruce Wayne may not have been the best choice because it seemed Dick had gotten over whatever issues he had with Bruce. If they were going to do it, I would have preferred using another version of Dick, like say Dick in his Robin suit (to emphasise how he's 'killing' the Robin persona).

Superboy legit swooped in and saved this show, because everything with him has been so good. I genuinely like his relationship with Eve (felt it when he called her 'Mom', really good acting from them too), and his whole personality is just great (he or the directors of the show must really like his butt lol). Glad they didn't spend too long on healing him (Kori was great there and I'm guessing they're shipping them?), and also glad Eve explicitly said her "don't be a hero" thing was bad advice. Both CBR and Screenrant parroted this nonsense about how Conner being shot by Mercy somehow proves Snyder's take on Superman was correct and I'm glad this show didn't take the fake edgy route and proclaimed that being a hero makes the world a better place.

The drama was really well done here with the rest of the team and their manipulations. A lot of what has gone on this season makes season one feel pointless in many areas because these tensions are a lot more engaging and exciting.

PS Rose dancing to The Weeknd was funny but her thing with Jason did get cute.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    spoilers:
    Reaction 5: Seriously, though, it seems that someone is messing with the team’s minds at a level much deeper than ordinary manipulation. Deathstroke would know about the kid Light killed, and I guess intel might reveal Hank’s substance abuse problem. But Rachel’s history with crosses and the significance of orange soda seem beyond ordinary research and suggest telepathy. For that matter, Jason’s troubles seem to be more hypnosis than PTSD. Put it all together, and I am starting to suspect that Slade may be as dead as the Titans thought he was, but Jericho may be considerably more alive.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Slade being dead secretly would be pretty weird. I think there's too much evidence to suggest he's alive but that would be a cool twist
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Need more Conner and I am totally hear for butt scenes every episode.
    Conner has more booty than Dick and it's an absolute shame lol
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 10-19-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Mighty Member

[QUOTE=Blind Wedjat;4639006]

spoilers:
    I didn't find the "Fake Bruce Wayne" thing as convincing as it was made out to be. Dick hasn't struck me as the person to have such strong hallucinations that he'd talk to and be so mentally imbalanced. It didn't feel like the next logical step after Jason nearly died, and we don't even know what happened as Jason fell and Conner saved him with Dick, Kori and Slade. While I enjoyed Iain Glen's performance, I thought using Bruce Wayne may not have been the best choice because it seemed Dick had gotten over whatever issues he had with Bruce. If they were going to do it, I would have preferred using another version of Dick, like say Dick in his Robin suit (to emphasise how he's 'killing' the Robin persona).
    end of spoilers

I don't agree. I think it absolutely had to be the character they used.

spoilers:
    Precisely because Dick's issues with Bruce actually stem from Dick's issues over Jericho. The show is drawing an explicit connection between the unease and frustration that drove Dick away from Robin and his response to whatever happened with Jericho (presumably to be revealed next week).

All of Dick's problems with Bruce and being a vigilante grew oit of his unwillingness to confront himself about what happened five years ago. Dick tried to move on, but it haunted him. Over time it built a well of anger, frustration amd even guilt that came out in his work as Robin in the form of brutality and unnecessary violence. Which Dick then blamed on Bruce, so he could continue to hide from it. Even his Trigon vision, his fear, was that he was a killer. Whatever happened to Jerichi IS Dick's darkness.

"Bruce" is the perfect person to act as Dick's conscience. He spends all episode blaming Dick, acting like a fool, and telling Dick gow useless he is. Those are all Dick's feelings, obviously. So now he once again puts them on Bruce, projecting them so he won't have to confront them. Which is the biggest tell for the larger metaphor. That Dick has been blaming Bruce for his darkness when it's actually been Dick's responsibility all along. But, much like the real thing, "Bruce" is too stubborn to just quit. And he keeps at Dick the whole episode. Pushing him to accept, finally, his emotions, his responsibility.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Latest episode may not be my favourite (it being 'Superboy') but this was really good. By far the best acting this show has ever had. I've always liked Jason and thought he brought the best energy amongst the cast, but he absolutely shined here. Curran Walters delivered a performance that felt right within his character. Not too over-the-top emotional but still vulnerable and pained. And Dick's moment in the church was really powerful. Props to Brenton Thwaites for that.

spoilers:

Superboy legit swooped in and saved this show, because everything with him has been so good. I genuinely like his relationship with Eve (felt it when he called her 'Mom', really good acting from them too), and his whole personality is just great (he or the directors of the show must really like his butt lol). Glad they didn't spend too long on healing him (Kori was great there and I'm guessing they're shipping them?), and also glad Eve explicitly said her "don't be a hero" thing was bad advice. Both CBR and Screenrant parroted this nonsense about how Conner being shot by Mercy somehow proves Snyder's take on Superman was correct and I'm glad this show didn't take the fake edgy route and proclaimed that being a hero makes the world a better place.

The drama was really well done here with the rest of the team and their manipulations. A lot of what has gone on this season makes season one feel pointless in many areas because these tensions are a lot more engaging and exciting.

PS Rose dancing to The Weeknd was funny but her thing with Jason did get cute.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Slade being dead secretly would be pretty weird. I think there's too much evidence to suggest he's alive but that would be a cool twist
    end of spoilers

Conner has more booty than Dick and it's an absolute shame lol
    spoilers:
    Snyder's take wasn't about how being a hero made the world a worst place. It just pointed out there are consequences to it sometimes not all of it good. The show isn't doing any different. CBR and Screenrant are talking nonsense but not quite for the reasons you think.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I don't agree. I think it absolutely had to be the character they used.

spoilers:
    Precisely because Dick's issues with Bruce actually stem from Dick's issues over Jericho. The show is drawing an explicit connection between the unease and frustration that drove Dick away from Robin and his response to whatever happened with Jericho (presumably to be revealed next week).

All of Dick's problems with Bruce and being a vigilante grew oit of his unwillingness to confront himself about what happened five years ago. Dick tried to move on, but it haunted him. Over time it built a well of anger, frustration amd even guilt that came out in his work as Robin in the form of brutality and unnecessary violence. Which Dick then blamed on Bruce, so he could continue to hide from it. Even his Trigon vision, his fear, was that he was a killer. Whatever happened to Jerichi IS Dick's darkness.

"Bruce" is the perfect person to act as Dick's conscience. He spends all episode blaming Dick, acting like a fool, and telling Dick gow useless he is. Those are all Dick's feelings, obviously. So now he once again puts them on Bruce, projecting them so he won't have to confront them. Which is the biggest tell for the larger metaphor. That Dick has been blaming Bruce for his darkness when it's actually been Dick's responsibility all along. But, much like the real thing, "Bruce" is too stubborn to just quit. And he keeps at Dick the whole episode. Pushing him to accept, finally, his emotions, his responsibility.
    end of spoilers
    Well, I can't argue with that lol. That's a pretty good argument you got there. Makes sense. Maybe I was thinking about it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    Snyder's take wasn't about how being a hero made the world a worst place. It just pointed out there are consequences to it sometimes not all of it good. The show isn't doing any different. CBR and Screenrant are talking nonsense but not quite for the reasons you think.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'd rather not argue about Snyder's take more than needed but both articles were justifying Pa Kent's advice to young Clark--which boils down to that the world would not be ready for a Superman and people may fear him. Regardless of how well I think Man of Steel actually handled this idea (and I don't think they did because we never see the world or a good stand-in for the world actually react to Superman), the Superboy episode never once justified that advice.

The reasoning is that Conner being shot and Krypto being captured is somehow a way of showing being a hero would ake people fear him. Except Jason was grateful to him for saving his life. Lionel Luthor offered him and Krypto a temporary place to stay (and they saved his life too). None of the other Titans were afraid of him (with Kori in particular probably being fascinated by him), and Eve loves him like a son. The general public doesn't know Superboy exists, and Conner getting shot wasn't because he was feared. It was because Lex (the villain in his story) didn't want his secret experiment being discovered.

Snyder borrowed heavily from Plato's philosophy, particularly his Republic which states that the 'perfectly just man' will be cast out by society and killed (a young Clark reads this in the film). The Superboy episode does not contain this philosophy.
    end of spoilers

edited post. nvm.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-20-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Seems like a creation of the show.
    Thank you, I was about to ask the same question.