Page 61 of 118 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    If Dick had cut Jericho loose, like he had already agreed to, or if Dick hadn't gone to Jericho's meeting with Slade, like he promised he wouldn't, Jericho would not have died.

I agree that given how things played out IN THE fight, Dick did nothing wrong. But that fight never should have happened. I think it is totally in characterfor Dick to carry that weight. Moreover, I 100% think he should. He didn't put Joey first, he lost himself to his desire to hurt Slade.

I actually really like this development though. Robin is just a kid. He has a lot to learn and he makes stupid mistakes. But Nightwing can be better, a man who has learned from his failings to become his best self. Dick needs to stop trying to be what he thinks Batman is, and he needs to become his true self.
    The fight should have happened. It needed to. It still needs to be finished. Only two people to blame for Jericho-- Slade and Jericho, himself.

I really don't get the team falling apart because of this. I'd have been even more committed.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    The fight should have happened. It needed to.
    Titans vs Deathstroke, sure. Robin vs Deathstroke with an innocent bystander you've already used, manipulated and lied to standing right there? No, that absolutely did not need to happen. There is straight up no excuse for what Dick did. He didn't even bring the rest of the team. That wasn't him trying to bring Deathstroke to justice, that was him needing to inflict hurt on somebody and not caring one bit who was in the crossfire. That is not the stuff of heroes.

Slade delivered the killing blow. Jericho has his own agency, he threw himself in front of the blade, dying like a hero. But Dick 100% deserves to feel guilty for even putting the kid in that position. It's not fair to say that Dick killed Jericho. But it's unquestionable that Dick put Jericho in danger needlessly, and for selfish reasons.

It's an incredibly harsh lesson for Dick. But it's a fair one. He needs to be smarter and less hot headed.

Edit: In thinking about this more, it's only just occurred to me that this season is effectively A Lonely Place of Dying, with Grayson in the Batman role, the new Titans as Tim Drake, and the old Titans as Grayson. Dick is his best self with his friends. Without them, he gives in to his rash and hotheaded nature, becoming increasingly violent and brutal. He starts walking the path after Garth's death, when fractures begin to emerge in the original team. And it is his own actions, or at least his perception of them, that end the team. And after years of increasing strain on his psyche, finding Rachel starts him down the path to the new team. Where, again, he seemed like he was doing better. Until the old Titans came back and were totally down on his Titans Rebirth project.

I don't think Dick has consciously realized it yet. But it's why he was so afraid of telling Rachel, Gar and Jason the truth about Jericho. That they might leave. Dick doesn't just want the band back together, he needs it. Batman needs Robin. Dick Grayson needs the Titans.
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 10-26-2019 at 05:52 PM.

You know what? I dig this version of Wintergreen. He's cool. I also like that he brought up the fact that the Titans of myth are losers. I'm guessing Donna chose that name for the team (or maybe Garth, Oceanus was a Titan, after all), I wonder if we will ever get a reason why?

Deathstroke is a better season Big Bad than Trigon. I loved his fight with both Wonder Girl and then Robin. Jericho...man, that poor kid (who is probably still alive in some form and messing with the Titans in present day). Him using his powers all of a sudden were kind of random, but I liked his back story. He just wanted to bond with his friends, but he was too trusting. I get why Dick did what he did, but I felt like Dawn took back the "Be Batman" advice too quickly.

Seeing the team break-up like that worked for me. There was no debate, hardly any words, and a quick goodbye. Jericho was dead, they couldn't fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Yeah, Dick only has Bruce on two things:

1) He's a nice, more approachable guy (at least historically)
    2) That gluteus maximus
    He's not just nice, he works better with others and is a better leader. Batman may know the strengths and weaknesses of his teammates, but he just sot of barks orders with the League. Nightwing shows obvious respect for the other Titans while working well with them.

And Hank-Jericho is almost up there with Head-Bruce for sheer comedy value.
    Forget the Batusi, there needs to be a Hawktusi.

It's probably gonna be the Macarena- the campfire set it up.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Titans vs Deathstroke, sure. Robin vs Deathstroke with an innocent bystander you've already used, manipulated and lied to standing right there? No, that absolutely did not need to happen. There is straight up no excuse for what Dick did. He didn't even bring the rest of the team. That wasn't him trying to bring Deathstroke to justice, that was him needing to inflict hurt on somebody and not caring one bit who was in the crossfire. That is not the stuff of heroes.
    Disagreed on all points except going in alone. And Jericho wasn't in any crossfire. Dick caused none of the fight.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

The Deathstroke fights highlighted to me the poor planning of Dick in the present day encounters. Deathstroke beat the living crap out of him AND Donna in the past as we saw. How the hell did he think to take him on alone in the present day fight looking for Jason? Deathstroke is clearly a team boss fight. Taking him on alone is silly. Maybe Conner can even the odds but he clearly needs more thought than this lone wolf crap and getting stomped out.

At any rate I'd like to see Conner get back in the main story line now. Hope he still isn't sidelined for next episode want to see him integrate and interact with the rest of the team.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The Deathstroke fights highlighted to me the poor planning of Dick in the present day encounters. Deathstroke beat the living crap out of him AND Donna in the past as we saw. How the hell did he think to take him on alone in the present day fight looking for Jason? Deathstroke is clearly a team boss fight. Taking him on alone is silly. Maybe Conner can even the odds but he clearly needs more thought than this lone wolf crap and getting stomped out.

At any rate I'd like to see Conner get back in the main story line now. Hope he still isn't sidelined for next episode want to see him integrate and interact with the rest of the team.
    Present Dick wasn't trying to fight Slade. He was committing suicide, hoping that if he let Deathstroke kill him, it would end the feud before any more of his friends got killed. That only changed once Jason was placed in immediate, mortal, peril.

Fantastic Member

I'm loving the show...but there are some key weakness.

The biggest? They make the character's so stupid in order for "drama."

For example, the Titans visiting Wintergreen's house...but none of them are in uniform. When only Donna has any superpowers, Hawk/Dove/Robin really need to have their uniforms on. That's what gives them an edge over assassin's like Deathstroke.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post

For example, the Titans visiting Wintergreen's house...but none of them are in uniform. When only Donna has any superpowers, Hawk/Dove/Robin really need to have their uniforms on. That's what gives them an edge over assassin's like Deathstroke.
    I keep bringing this up!! The costumes are in the display cases more than they actually wear them!! It's crazy. This is a great point it should be much harder for their identities to be known. If they know who Dick is and Jason Todd etc they 100% should know who Batman is logically. This show there is almost no need for "secret identities" they way they are all in street clothes fighting crime.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post

Plot mechanics can get in the way of rational thought in these shows. But then if people always did what made the most sense, there'd be no dramas on tv.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-28-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

Deathstroke is a better season Big Bad than Trigon. I loved his fight with both Wonder Girl and then Robin.
    I have no problems with Deathstroke being about to beat Donna Troy. At least comic book me has a huge issue with him being able to beat Donna in what was pretty much straight hand to hand combat. Plus she was pissed and likely not holding back, she tagged him a few times and didn't send him flying 50 feet in the air with each punch.

He should have used trickery and/or gadgets to get the jump on her.

BANNED

If there was one bring that stuck out to me while thinking about this episode and what it implies about the previous ones it's that spoilers:
    It's that Rose was never mentioned or referenced in Jericho's backstory, but Rose constantly talks as if she knew him, even knowing what records he owned, and if I'm correct the specific record she recognized was one he got after meeting the Titans which would've been pretty close to when he moved in with the Titans and died soon after...
    Where am I going with this? Pretty much I think the episode confirmed the theory that Rose is actually Deathstroke's mole in the team, which would mean she was the one who planted the things around the Tower, drew those crosses in Raven I'm sorry Rachel's room(seriously we get Krypto the Super Dog and we're still waiting for Raven and Beastboy to get their code names?), her whole little romantic moments with Jason was manipulation.
    Plus it explains how she knows how to fight and how she just turned up when Titans came back to San Francisco since the explanation she gave was kind of BS since she isn't shown to be smart enough or resourceful enough to track down or know the movements of stealthy dude like Deathstroke especially after he's been inactive and off the grid for years.
    And it makes perfect sense after Jericho her simple presence would cause divisiveness among the team.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    If there was one bring that stuck out to me while thinking about this episode and what it implies about the previous ones it's that spoilers:
    It's that Rose was never mentioned or referenced in Jericho's backstory, but Rose constantly talks as if she knew him, even knowing what records he owned, and if I'm correct the specific record she recognized was one he got after meeting the Titans which would've been pretty close to when he moved in with the Titans and died soon after...
    Where am I going with this? Pretty much I think the episode confirmed the theory that Rose is actually Deathstroke's mole in the team, which would mean she was the one who planted the things around the Tower, drew those crosses in Raven I'm sorry Rachel's room(seriously we get Krypto the Super Dog and we're still waiting for Raven and Beastboy to get their code names?), her whole little romantic moments with Jason was manipulation.
    Plus it explains how she knows how to fight and how she just turned up when Titans came back to San Francisco since the explanation she gave was kind of BS since she isn't shown to be smart enough or resourceful enough to track down or know the movements of stealthy dude like Deathstroke especially after he's been inactive and off the grid for years.
    And it makes perfect sense after Jericho her simple presence would cause divisiveness among the team.
    end of spoilers
    The record literally had Jericho's name on it. That's how she found out those were Jericho's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The record literally had Jericho's name on it. That's how she found out those were Jericho's.
    Oh well I probably shouldn't have been paying more attention to my phone when I watched that part.
    But ignoring that I think everything else applies, or else I typed all of that for nothing.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wondered where Rose was in the flashback. Did she not live with Jericho?