Page 63 of 118 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

But I have to say, Hank and Dawn really nailed that song. And the actor that plays Hank, was actually on American Idol at one point too. So that was his voice.

Astonishing Member

This episode goes to show how boring Gar is and how underdeveloped his character is in general. He basically had half an episode all to himself and what development or insight did we get from him? That time could have been better used, who is he want does he want in life. All we got was "Dick made Raven and I sit inside all the time we wanted to go out and save people"

It got so much better when Conner woke up.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was hoping for Gar to go back to the Doom Patrol when everyone left.

random thoughts:
    -- Why wait for Conner to wake up before calling Bruce?
    -- hilarious to me that Titans Tower has a unicycle. (was that from Dick's time in the circus?)
    -- Best Boy not looking good, running away when Conner was in trouble.
    -- Fun detail having Conner eat from the giant bowl of cereal, making him look smaller and kid-like.
    -- I was just getting to like that Tamaran guy ... I hope they explain what exactly happened with how he got possessed with that purple gack.
    -- I'm beginning to get a Thor/Loki vibe from Blackfire, with her growing up being a misfit and Starfire even mistreating her a bit, feeling unloved by her parents, etc.
    -- Totally meaningless detail, but Kori mentions that whatsisname didn't finish his "corn nuts" but it seems she's picking fries from his plate. Was that just a weird joke about her still not being familiar with earth food or ...? (I mean, if you spend any time on earth - the U.S. in particular, you'll know what fries are) That just seemed odd.
    -- Why were Conner and Gar playing a black and white video game? It seems odd that Gar offered Conner Titans membership after defeating a video game as opposed to any kind of heroic act or anything.
    -- Why did Raven choose to leave with Donna then ditch her? I am not clear what happened there.
    -- I really liked Slade and Dick just hashing things out without having to fight. It seems there might have been something else going on there though (and did it have anything to do with the weird look Dick gave to the taped up gate before he approached the house?)... also odd that Slade didn't mention Rose...?
    -- What happened at the end with Dick? Are we thinking Jericho possession or ... no idea.

This is separate from this episode, but if Slade killed Aqualad, why didn't Aquaman hunt down Slade and feed his ass to the fishes?? This show acknowledges the Trinity, they should've mentioned Arthur in relation to Garth's death.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-02-2019 at 01:44 PM.

BANNED

I'm unclear on why Dick lied in the first place, maybe I'm not seeing things from the right perspective but I'm not sure why telling the team Jericho died to save Dick was so bad, feels like the result would've been the same either way, in-universe doesn't make too much sense and is kind of unnecessary for the narrative other than to have all these scenes of the Titans pissed at each other and break up again, it would make more sense if he actually did kill Jericho.

My feeling was because keeping secrets is just instinct for him because of his Batman influence.

Hmmm...not sure how I feel about the Titans breaking apart like this. I don't see a reason for Dick to lie about Jericho's death, it seemed kind of a minor difference with what actually happened, especially since he knew the death would cause his friends to leave him the first time anyway. I liked that moment and Hank slugging him, though. Most of the characters' reactions felt genuine (except maybe Donna's, I feel that of all the OG Titans, at this point, she would be more set on mentoring or at least keeping an eye on Raven, Gar, etc).

Dick and Slade was a good scene. I hope they play up Slade's anti-hero angle so that maybe he can team up with the Titans, maybe if they need to save Rose or Jericho returns or something.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    This episode goes to show how boring Gar is and how underdeveloped his character is in general. He basically had half an episode all to himself and what development or insight did we get from him? That time could have been better used, who is he want does he want in life. All we got was "Dick made Raven and I sit inside all the time we wanted to go out and save people"

It got so much better when Conner woke up.
    Gar has been the least developed considering how early he was introduced to the series, but I like to think the point of this episode was to show he is eager to use his powers as a hero but he not only doesn't know how but he feels the need to gain the approval of Dick and the older heroes before he actually does anything. Gar's the most idealistic character, and I do like his optimism. He and Conner were fun (Conner doesn't know what a tiger is?), until it went horribly wrong. I hope there are bigger things for Garfield Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Why wait for Conner to wake up before calling Bruce?
    He needed to call Bruce to get in touch with Clark so the Superman knows that there's a clone of him out there and he can meet him. I guess Superman is too busy to wait around for someone to wake up, but the sooner he knows about Conner, the better. I wonder if we will actually see Clark Kent or Lex Luthor on this show? It kind of needs to happen for Conner's development.

Weakest episode of the season. I really wish they hadn't ever bothered introducing Gar. We are one and a half seasons in and they still don't knew what to do with him. I spent all of last season wondering why he's there, and still...

I get that the CGI budget is a problem but I feel confident Doom Patrol would've done right by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    I'm unclear on why Dick lied in the first place, maybe I'm not seeing things from the right perspective but I'm not sure why telling the team Jericho died to save Dick was so bad, feels like the result would've been the same either way, in-universe doesn't make too much sense and is kind of unnecessary for the narrative other than to have all these scenes of the Titans pissed at each other and break up again, it would make more sense if he actually did kill Jericho.
    It really changes nothing, so the whole leaving thing seems like an overreaction. It was bad enough that they manipulated him and Dick pushed him to meet with his dad.

This is separate from this episode, but if Slade killed Aqualad, why didn't Aquaman hunt down Slade and feed his ass to the fishes?? This show acknowledges the Trinity, they should've mentioned Arthur in relation to Garth's death.
    And now that Slade slaughtered a bunch of Amazons, you'd think they'd have a response of some kind. I hope they at least address that.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I like the show this season, its building on some of the potential of the first season, yet still falling short of meeting ultimate potential. And we still don't seem to have a long term plot. Everyone seems to have their little stories happening in their own bubbles but not really connected. That is starting to bother me.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I don't think it's intended to have a long term plot, like practically all superhero stories. It's a team show, so it's going to have stories for each character.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

And now that Slade slaughtered a bunch of Amazons, you'd think they'd have a response of some kind. I hope they at least address that.
    When Slade first appeared several episodes back the Titans said they thought he was dead, presumably due to some event in the past we haven't (yet) seen. I guess Slade was living off the grid in his cabin to support the story that he had died. If the Titans thought he was dead, the Amazons and the Atlanteans would think so, too.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I don't think it's intended to have a long term plot, like practically all superhero stories. It's a team show, so it's going to have stories for each character.
    Yes, a team show would have them dealing with said long term plot as a team, not individuals off in their own worlds as they currently are

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Yes, a team show would have them dealing with said long term plot as a team, not individuals off in their own worlds as they currently are
    No team superhero show has ever done this.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Was really starting to like this show but this episode was a huge step backwards. Character motivations didn't work for me at all. Gar is still awfull. Other then hawk and doves singing voices didnt like much this episode.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-05-2019 at 08:34 PM.