Page 70 of 118 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1758
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Vullein/s...30110151585792

The writers are listening to fan feedback apparently.
    Believe it when i see it

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I JUST knew they would mess it all up. I knew they would, but I did not expect it to be that bad.

Boy was that absolutely terrible. Deathstroke--the big bad of this entire season--dies with the first 10 minutes of the episode in the most anti-climatic way possible. The fight choreography was good, but am I supposed to believe that Dick can suddenly now take on Slade on his own so easily because he's happy and has a new suit? The moment Slade stopped firing, Donna and Dawn should have got out of that car and helped him. But they just sat in the car and watched. Such heroes. Such a team. And Rose shows up out of nowhere and stabs Slade. A stab wound to the gut? Really? That entire talk of him being nearly unkillable and Rose kills him that easily.

Jericho and Rose have never met or spoken before, and somehow they play it off like they had an agreement to join consciousness. Am I the only one who thinks it makes Jericho look absolutely selfish? They never spoke about this and he just went into her like it isn't a big deal. Nobody even talks about it again. All the drama about Dick feeling guilty for Jericho's death just stopped mattering.

And that carnival fight. God that fight was just terrible all around. Where the hell did Dick and Rose go? Why were only the other girls there at first? Why did Dick to make some stupid dramatic entrance and how did Hank even get there? Speaking of, wasn't Gar specifically programmed to attack Rachel? What the hell happened to that? He just kinda growls at her? And Rachel kinda just do whatever the plot needs her to do. Then you have Dick using some kind of flashbang grenade on Conner, which seems to conveniently make him disappear for several minutes to so Dick can have a quippy conversation with the Titans, so they can all ninja away and get into positions, and come up with a plan with Rachel (who was not near them!) offscreen? Seriously what kind of **** writing is that? And why would the remaining crowd have even applauded after it? From their perspective, a wild alien tiger started murdering people, CADMUS sends a super-soldier in to protect them, only for weird costumed freaks to show up and convert him to the dark side.

You can't convince me that Donna's death wasn't meant to be a joke. You just can't. Just a few minutes before it she fought Superboy and was barely hurt. How is anyone supposed to believe she can be killed by electrocution? Why didn't Superboy--the guy we just saw shoot a gun and move fast enough to catch the bullet--help her out? Was that really the best these writers could come up with? Why didn't die fighting Deathstroke (like in the past) or I don't know, die fighting Superboy? I've complained several times about this show trying to be dark, trying to be bold but never committing to it. Superboy just gets cured with deus ex machina powers. No tension, no real stakes. I'm sick of it.

Dick and Bruce have multiple conversations in this episode, yet they don't even talk about Jason? About his PTSD and attempted suicide? About him leaving the team? Nobody talks about it? It's all just we're a happy family now? Speaking of, that entire theme was just forced. What did the Titans ever do for Rose? Them taking her in was part of Slade's plan. The OG Titans were suspicious of her, and the new ones didn't particularly care for her either. How are they her family? Second, what did the Titans ever do for Conner? Sure they saved his life after he saved Jason, but they abandoned him after that (which led to his capture). Only Gar seemed to give a **** about him. No one else did. Dick saving him from darkness had no real emotional weight behind it. It's just something that happened because the writers want to push Dick into everything. And of course, we get a whole bunch of telling and not showing at the end of how Donna was this great person when they had two whole seasons to show how she was. The had two whole seasons to show these people as a family but they didn't. Everyone talks about how great the Titans are, about what they stand for, and we're never shown any of it.

This show has a decent cast. It really does. I'd say they also got better directors this time around, But if they don't get a new writing staff and new editors it's going to keep getting worse.
    I thought i had a bad enough opinion of the episode but you reminded me of a bunch of stuff I didnt even think of and I like it even less

Dick's appearance as Nightwing was kind of cool (with the exception of everyone else just waiting in the car), and even though Slade went out like a punk, I guess it made sense for Rose to be the one to do it? Was the name "Nightwing" said at some point?

Ugh, and just when they start giving Donna her props too. She is acknowledged as the only one strong enough to go toe to toe with a human/Kryptonian hybrid, and then we see her use super speed, and then...she dies in a dumb and pointless way. At least I liked Rachel using her powers to get through to Gar and Conner.

Everyone is saying they are disappointed that Bruce doesn't care about Jason, but what about Conner? Wasn't Gar supposed to call Bruce so he could get in touch with Superman and let him know that Conner exists?

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Ok I know yall saw that cringe cgi! The tiger omg I give them leeway usual for budget reasons but it was awful.
    The actor who plays Conner wasn't very convincing in his fight against that tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Everything about the writing of this episode was bad but the line about Bruce giving Dick a thing neither of them ever had--"a family"--was the worst. If Bruce Wayne never had a family, why was he so choked up about losing his parents? And if Dick never had a family, who were the Flying Graysons? That line was even worse than learning Amazons are allergic to electricity. (No wonder Donna hid in that car.)
    I thought that too, I mean...did he mean "second chance at a family"?

Astonishing Member

This is two seasons in a row they've had a big build, only for the payoff to be horrible. I know they don't want a big fight scene with lots of powers due to cost, but having the team watch from a car while Dick is fighting Deathstroke is silly. (Really they keep giving us these impossible to believe storylines because I don't think they want to use the FX budgets by having all the powered folk use their powers)

I don't think Donna is dead for good, (unless we find out the actress has been cast somewhere else), last I heard they wanted to do a Troia storyline down the road as well.

Remember how a show like Buffy with a small budget was able to juggle a tight-knit group of characters, have monsters of the week that had some emotional resonance with one of the character's storylines, then build The Big Bad in an epic season finale that wrapped up the various storylines in a satisfying way and had genuine emotional impact? (some seasons were better than others, but even the weakest season of that was a ton better than how they botched this finale - and to a lesser extent the way they built things up leading up to it)

They need a better showrunner who can really plan out a season and know where to hit each character's emotional stories along the way.

And also, where was Krypto - they show him at the end when they are slow walking to save people but where was he during the carnival fight? He could have had an impact on helping Connor or very, very, very easily have saved Dove from that tower. (just one more criticism to pile on, since I agree with all the other ones that have been mentioned)

So, did we get another "not really Bruce" appearance at the diner or not? How many scenes was the real Bruce actually in this season? Two?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-03-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

So...

Major Spoilers for last nights episode of Crisis!

spoilers:
    Last night’s Crisis episode on CW we saw the Jason and Hawk essentially killed off along with the rest of the Titans Earth. While Titans was never part of the continuity Arrow-Verse they still apparently killed them away. What does that mean for Season 3? Will they ignore these events like they never happen or will they just bring that Earth back?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-09-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

So...

Major Spoilers for last nights episode of Crisis!

spoilers:
    Last night’s Crisis episode on CW we saw the Jason and Hawk essentially killed off along with the rest of the Titans Earth. While Titans was never part of the continuity Arrow-Verse they still apparently killed them away. What does that mean for Season 3? Will they ignore these events like they never happen or will they just bring that Earth back?
    end of spoilers
    TITANS is a much stronger production than the CW soaps, they'll just ignore it.

Can't someone just yell out "YO SUPERMAN YOU HAVE A KID TO TAKE CARE OF" and he'd show up? Can't imagine you need Bruce to contact him.

I'd love it if in season 3 someone just casually mentions the red skies and how weird that was .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love it if in season 3 someone just casually mentions the red skies and how weird that was .
    Yeah I want to be believe Earths 89, 9, X, and 66 are fine because otherwise those cameos are insulting because they were just killing them.

I'd like to see this Batman have his own show!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yeah I want to be believe Earths 89, 9, X, and 66 are fine because otherwise those cameos are insulting because they were just killing them.
    I perused the beginning of COIE comics again just a few days ago. They did much the same thing. Hopping here and there, showing established universes, and then they are obliterated (Earth 3, with good Lex watching the Crime Syndicate try, and fail, to protect Earth comes to mind).

But the end game of the TV version is still up in the air for us.

Astonishing Member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=okS3niy02zA&t=820s

Even if you don’t agree with his conclusion that Titans is the ‘worst superhero show’’ this is still worth a listen.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-10-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    TITANS is a much stronger production than the CW soaps, they'll just ignore it.
    All we saw were red skies. There was no proof shown of an anti-matter wave. They wouldn't acknowledge that show's existence and then destroy it while the show is still in production.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=okS3niy02zA&t=820s

Even if you don’t agree with his conclusion that Titans is the ‘worst superhero show’’ this is still worth a listen.
    This guy sounds as insufferable and painful to listen too as ever.

"Why did it take so long for Dick to know Jericho was possessing Slade"?

Because there were no clues that Dick could have seen? It isn't like he saw Jericho jump into Slade's body and nothing about most of Slade's behavior suggested he was possessed. The only people who guessed it were the ones who knew it was from the comics.