Page 75 of 118 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1758
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

M3h, Im of a few minds on it. On the one hand I can see why white folk get all triggered af about changing the race of characters in adaptations of stuff, but also as a black man I see these companies and all these characters coming at a time when they did not make many minority characters as heroes. And of course they will say well there is this character and that character, that largely do not fit into the adaption they are making so they are not used. Or they are like number 307 on a list of things they want to do or characters they want to explore.

So then the argument is, make new minority characters, but they are doing that in an industry that seems to be well past its glory days, so when those new minority characters and books don't perform like their far more established 40 and 50 year old white characters, the books get cancelled, the character go in a can and we don't hear from them, wash rinse repeat.

it's really a no win situation since white folk want all their characters white forever and us minorities want more people on screen, in these comics that look like us.

Changing Tim's look likely has less to do with "pandering" or "tokenism" and more as a way to physically differentiate him from Dick and Jason.

I think they should've gone with Ryan Potter. I mean, he barely does anything as Beast Boy, he was passionate about the character, and there is no asian male in the Batfamily.

Extraordinary Member

I said this elsewhere... personally, as a white Tim Drake fan, I’m totally onboard with changing his race, but I understand the validity of someone who already enjoys another character who was already black like Signal feeling like they’re still getting the short end of the stick here...

...And I’m personally wary of a New 52 Wally West situation, where someone might accidentally expose their own privilige and racism by trying to make Tim “street” simply because he’s black, and thoughtlessly step right into racial stereotypes.

Ideally, they can do this smart enough regardless that it’s a positive example of diversity and of latching onto the character’s core appeal. But we’ve seen enough franchises trip on pitfalls of ignorance to be a bit nervous.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

New set photo confirms spoilers:
    Donna's
    end of spoilers return.

https://fullcirclecin********/2021/0...tans-season-3/

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    New set photo confirms spoilers:
    Donna's
    end of spoilers return.

https://fullcirclecin********/2021/0...tans-season-3/
    Meh, we all expected that

Re: race swapping. While DC and Marvel are certainly doing a lot of that lately, they still use minority characters either from the source material or create new ones for adaptations (Kaldur and John Diggle come to mind).

Season 3 episode titles revealed.

https://www.thevulcanreporter.com/ex...pisode-titles/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Hank and Dove sounds like a sitcom .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Is this basically a stealth Batman show at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    So, Death in the Family + UTRH. With its own twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, Death in the Family + UTRH. With its own twist.
    Because when I think of major Titans storylines I'd like to see them adapt, those are on the front of the list .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this basically a stealth Batman show at this point?
    Seems like it, with an extra dose of pointlessness (meaning Hawk and Dove).

Extraordinary Member

It definitely feels like this is a show made by people who want to make a Gotham Knights TV show, but had to sell the network execs on the Titans when they balked at the idea of Robins and Batgirls.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP