Page 78 of 118 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1758
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Why do all these shows that can't/won't use Batman always make him a sad sack quitter?
    In fairness, it almost looks like they are going for a riff on A Lonely Place of Dying. But instead of becoming increasingly violent and reckless, Bruce feels such guilt for Jason's death that he hangs up the cape.

Cue Tim Drake.

I'll be curious if they have Tim trying to get Dick back into the Robin suit the same way he did in the comics, or if Tim's argument will be that Nightwing should become Batman this time. Or if they just do something completely new with the whole thing.

I will say this, it was a good trailer. But this show is just trying to do way, way too much at one time. Blackfire could be an entire arc. Red Hood deserves an arc. The Donna resurrection stuff deserves more than just an episode or two to breath. There's no way they cram it all in and don't give short shrift to 2/3 of it.

And we're still left with Hawk, Dove, Superboy and Beast Boy. Who still seemingly have nothing to do but stand around to complete team group shots. How the heck do you include plots for them when the rest of the season is already so packed?

With better writers I'd have faith they found some magic formula to make it work. But after S2 was such a debacle I just can't get my hopes up. I have loved Brathwaite and Diop in this series, but it's just such a mess. If they weren't doing Hood and Tim I'd probably check out, but I can't pass up a live action Tim Drake. Even if I expect it to be terrible. Or, I suppose, deeply mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    In fairness, it almost looks like they are going for a riff on A Lonely Place of Dying. But instead of becoming increasingly violent and reckless, Bruce feels such guilt for Jason's death that he hangs up the cape.

Cue Tim Drake.

I'll be curious if they have Tim trying to get Dick back into the Robin suit the same way he did in the comics, or if Tim's argument will be that Nightwing should become Batman this time. Or if they just do something completely new with the whole thing.

I will say this, it was a good trailer. But this show is just trying to do way, way too much at one time. Blackfire could be an entire arc. Red Hood deserves an arc. The Donna resurrection stuff deserves more than just an episode or two to breath. There's no way they cram it all in and don't give short shrift to 2/3 of it.

And we're still left with Hawk, Dove, Superboy and Beast Boy. Who still seemingly have nothing to do but stand around to complete team group shots. How the heck do you include plots for them when the rest of the season is already so packed?

With better writers I'd have faith they found some magic formula to make it work. But after S2 was such a debacle I just can't get my hopes up. I have loved Brathwaite and Diop in this series, but it's just such a mess. If they weren't doing Hood and Tim I'd probably check out, but I can't pass up a live action Tim Drake. Even if I expect it to be terrible. Or, I suppose, deeply mediocre.
    I do think it's probably likely they'll focus more on Tim and Dicks' relationship rather than Tim and Bruce.

They really seem to be rushing thing where it seems like Jason's death happens and then (boom) Red Hood, even if there's some kind of time skip, but even then he looks like the same height he was as Robin.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Arguably the Titans are just as much about "family."

Well, Red Hood appeared in a Titans run to torture Tim Drake and in a tie-in comic to this show.

I see people say this but not once have I ever seen an interpretation of Bruce and Dick's relationship that came off like siblings. I just don't see it. He's always been a father figure to Dick. He's also probably close to going over the edge after Jason "dies."
    I didn't mean exaclty like siblings. I just couldn't think of a better word. But I don't think Bruce is old enough to be a father figure to Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I didn't mean exaclty like siblings. I just couldn't think of a better word. But I don't think Bruce is old enough to be a father figure to Dick
    He seems pretty old here.

Although I think age matters less in terms of just the life role he takes in Dick's life after taking him in, especially at such a young, impressionable, age.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Why do all these shows that can't/won't use Batman always make him a sad sack quitter?
    It's one of two reasons:

1. Warner Brothers wants to keep Batman on the big screen, and therefore wont allow him to be used on TV except in small doses (a brief glimpse at the end of Gotham, a dream/vision in Titans, etc).

2. I can't remember where I heard this, but I heard that there was some contractual reason as to why they couldn't show Batman on TV dating back to Batman '66. Something like the contract they made for that show gave the network it was on the rights to show Batman on TV in perpetuity, and that WB can only get around that by either showing only Bruce Wayne, or showing only glimpses of Batman.

This show really feels like they wanted to make a Batman show, but couldn't use Batman. So they'll use everyone else in the family, and throw in the Titans for kicks.

EDIT: here's an older article that lays it out.
    Before Warner Communications (later Time Warner) bought DC Comics, the Batman’s TV rights were sold to ABC by the National Periodical Publications, which owned the comic book publisher. Later, ABC sold the rights to 20th Century Fox, who developed the 1966 Batman TV series for ABC. Currently, the ownership rights of the Batman TV series is being shared among Fox, Warner, and Greenway Productions. This deal makes all the involved parties dependent on one another to produce any new content or merchandise regarding the series.
    I do think it's probably likely they'll focus more on Tim and Dicks' relationship rather than Tim and Bruce.

They really seem to be rushing thing where it seems like Jason's death happens and then (boom) Red Hood, even if there's some kind of time skip, but even then he looks like the same height he was as Robin.
    There has to be a time jump, like they start with Jason dying, Bruce retiring, then jump cut to some time later. That would also give time for Donna to be brought back. Otherwise, it's too strange that Jason gets beat to death with a crowbar, but then comes back the next week as Red Hood.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 07-14-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

He seems pretty old here.

Although I think age matters less in terms of just the life role he takes in Dick's life after taking him in, especially at such a young, impressionable, age.
    I think he's old for this show. Every other version they look only about 15 years apart at most. I've always seen Bruce as more of a mentor than a father.

I could kinda see Bruce and Jason Todd or Tim Drake doing the father/son thing. I always assumed those 2 were somewhat younger than Dick

I think he's old for this show. Every other version they look only about 15 years apart at most. I've always seen Bruce as more of a mentor than a father.

I could kinda see Bruce and Jason Todd or Tim Drake doing the father/son thing. I always assumed those 2 were somewhat younger than Dick
    I think 15 years is enough to form a father/son bond, especially with Dick's age and what happens. I think it's a dual mentor/father role, which is what makes it very complicated and is why Dick is so much of what Bruce raised him to be.

I think Jason and Tim were at the same age as Dick when they became Robin, or roundabout.

I think 15 years is enough to form a father/son bond, especially with Dick's age and what happens. I think it's a dual mentor/father role, which is what makes it very complicated and is why Dick is so much of what Bruce raised him to be.

I think Jason and Tim were at the same age as Dick when they became Robin, or roundabout.
    Dick was 10, Jason was about 13 and Tim was 14. Some canon had changed that up a bit but those are the typical ages they've started as Robin.

All-New Member

With all the promo photos out, what happened to Rose at the end of last season?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Is there an in universe explanation for why Barbara only has one leg?
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member

I guess I always thought it would be good if his relationship with each Robin was a little different. I do think Bruce greatly influenced Dick's life, but seeing a 30-something "eligible bachelor" be a "dad" to a teen superhero seems odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Speech99 View Post
    With all the promo photos out, what happened to Rose at the end of last season?
    Same thing that happened to Rose Tico

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Is there an in universe explanation for why Barbara only has one leg?
    I guess that's in place of her getting paralyzed in the Killing Joke.
    I guess I always thought it would be good if his relationship with each Robin was a little different. I do think Bruce greatly influenced Dick's life, but seeing a 30-something "eligible bachelor" be a "dad" to a teen superhero seems odd to me.
    Single dad's are a thing...of course Alfred was there too. But I see them all as Bruce's kids.

Ultimate Member

I guess that's in place of her getting paralyzed in the Killing Joke.

Single dad's are a thing...of course Alfred was there too. But I see them all as Bruce's kids.
    It's not the single part, but the 30-something part. Bruce still acts like a young guy himself, at least when he's putting on his facade

Seriously, though, this show is turning more into the Bat-spinoff featuring the lame-o couple. What about the actual regular Titans who don't have the benefit of being attached to the Bat-franchise?

It's not the single part, but the 30-something part. Bruce still acts like a young guy himself, at least when he's putting on his facade
    Yeah, but that's purely a facade.
    Seriously, though, this show is turning more into the Bat-spinoff featuring the lame-o couple. What about the actual regular Titans who don't have the benefit of being attached to the Bat-franchise?
    Nightwing's sidekicks...?

Ultimate Member

Yeah, but that's purely a facade.

Nightwing's sidekicks...?
    That's depressing. Starfire, BB and Raven have plenty of their own lore. Wonder Girl too. Heck, even Jason and Tim aren't Nightwing sidekicks.