Page 83 of 118 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1758

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    According to the actor, Doom Patrol seeks to show a very young Cyborg. He seems to allude that Cyborg will eventually make his way to the Titans once he matures as a hero. I'm not sure how that will happen as the show runners on Doom Patrol stated that the show is in it's own universe.
    I was almost certain that in Season 1 of Titans they met up with Doom Patrol? No, yes?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I was almost certain that in Season 1 of Titans they met up with Doom Patrol? No, yes?
    Believe the episode was literally called 'Doom Patrol'.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7342436/
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    They did. It's how they recruited Beast Boy. However, the Titans episode had a different actor as the chief and a different stunt actor for Negative Man. The Doom Patrol show makes no mention of Gar and the Titans episode.

They did. It's how they recruited Beast Boy. However, the Titans episode had a different actor as the chief and a different stunt actor for Negative Man. The Doom Patrol show makes no mention of Gar and the Titans episode.
    Hmmmm interesting. I would still think they existed in the same universe or I would at least hope so. Was hoping Cyborg went over to Titans soon.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Take it from what you will but Crisis showed the Titans and Doom Patrol are on different Earths, so it's probably reasonable to assume Titans just has their own version of the Doom Patrol.

Mighty Member

Welp

spoilers:
    After killing Hank this version of Jason won't be able to be redeemed. Anti hero door is closed
    end of spoilers
    Not in control of his own actions/mind controlled. Wouldn't be the first.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Questionable at the moment. He created his own fear toxin to rid of himself of his trauma. I'm leaning on Jason being manipulated into villainy as opposed to being mind controlled.

Watching the first three episodes. Not sure how I feel yet. I’m not sure about the star fire plot line, and I really don’t really care about the hawk and dove subplot. Really don’t need to hear the f word all the time. I do like the architecture in Gotham. And the action sequences are great.
    Last edited by protege; 08-13-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Questionable at the moment. He created his own fear toxin to rid of himself of his trauma. I'm leaning on Jason being manipulated into villainy as opposed to being mind controlled.
    I'm leaning toward a combination. Dying and being brought back alone would do a number on anyone (and it really hasn't been explained how he came back yet), but combined with whatever that stuff was that he cooked up, and someone else (possibly a certain doctor that has a history in creating mind altering chemicals) directing plans, yeah.

Plus, in one of the preview scenes, we see Red Hood in the ranks with the other Titans rushing forward into battle. How we get to that point, I imagine, will require something quite big that shows Jason wasn't exactly in control of himself during this first half of the season.

Deadline is reporting that there was some behind the scenes drama involving actor Vincent Kartheiser. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

After watching the first 3 eps, this show just seems like a jumbled mess to me. (and still trying too hard to be "edgy") It's a meat-grinder of a "plot" where stuff just happens and it doesn't make sense.

The Red Hood seems to go from each episode with a different motivation and method. At first it seemed like he was trying to take over the criminal underworld, okay... (in a scene reminiscent of Joker's introduction in "TDK", okay - fun parallel, I see it...) but that's essentially dropped. I guess it's just to show where he gets his money/funding? Then the crazy elaborate, clue-dropping, kidnapping, internal bomb-planting plot because... to make the Titans look bad? Then attacking the Titans because he just hates them, and Dick in particular. But to me it seems like they just decided to throw in all the tricks of every thriller movie they ever saw and have Red Hood be the guy behind them all. (until the real Big Bad reveal) Didn't we just have Deathstroke as "the big bad with a grudge against Dick messing with the team" story?

And all along the way, little things that don't really make sense to me - Gar is some chess expert, Connor and Gar are adept at computers because the plot needs it, Hank just walks into the Batcave, Dick is surprised Jason was reading -- how was Bruce okay with Jason being his apprentice and not doing a lot of reading/reseraching? (I guess this Batman isn't so much about being a genius detective) Batman of all people has the easiest password to the Batcomputer, why did Gar look in that van with the parents, why would Barbara have Dick talk to Crane if she already has an established and effective working relationship with him, etc...? Side quibble, how would Jason be so adept with guns? Not from training with Bruce...

I liked Bruce's last scene with the crowbar. I understand that Batman is a supporting character in a show that's not about him, so I'm less bothered by him acting out of character - this world is its own continuity and it won't affect anything else. Just as each other iteration of Batman has been. It was a good conclusion to the Batman/Joker arc we'll never see in "for real," but it made sense that Bruce would do it, and that he'd walk away after crossing that line. He definitely seemed crazy with his files of potential young recruits though.

I wonder if the season will be split into arcs, because we still have the Kory story, and the Donna story. This show still doesn't balance the ensemble well, imo so it'd be surprising if they incorporate those elements into this story as one big arc.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-14-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Deadline is reporting that there was some behind the scenes drama involving actor Vincent Kartheiser. Article Link.
    Sounds like another actor being a dick on set. Either way, I'm surprised they didn't list "Angel" on his list of credits. (now I can't help but wonder how he got along with Whedon)

This could kind of make sense of a few things going on with Jason/Red Hood.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    After watching the first 3 eps, this show just seems like a jumbled mess to me. (and still trying too hard to be "edgy") It's a meat-grinder of a "plot" where stuff just happens and it doesn't make sense.

The Red Hood seems to go from each episode with a different motivation and method. At first it seemed like he was trying to take over the criminal underworld, okay... (in a scene reminiscent of Joker's introduction in "TDK", okay - fun parallel, I see it...) but that's essentially dropped. I guess it's just to show where he gets his money/funding? Then the crazy elaborate, clue-dropping, kidnapping, internal bomb-planting plot because... to make the Titans look bad? Then attacking the Titans because he just hates them, and Dick in particular. But to me it seems like they just decided to throw in all the tricks of every thriller movie they ever saw and have Red Hood be the guy behind them all. (until the real Big Bad reveal) Didn't we just have Deathstroke as "the big bad with a grudge against Dick messing with the team" story?
    So I don't fundamentally disagree with any of your points. But I feel like Jason's motivation has been cryptic but not inconsistent. He's forcing people, particularly the Titans, to face their fears. He even tells Dove that he intends to free her from her fear. Implied to be killing him, but in fact her fear is losing Hank. A fear she is literally free from in light of the ending. It's all more obvious lampshading that Crane is almost certainly the real Big Bad here.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

And all along the way, little things that don't really make sense to me - Gar is some chess expert, Connor and Gar are adept at computers because the plot needs it.
    Gar maybe, but this version of Conner has epigenetic memories from Luthor. He SHOULD be skilled with computers and technology. Being a highly skilled engineer makes sense in context.

Gar maybe, but this version of Conner has epigenetic memories from Luthor. He SHOULD be skilled with computers and technology. Being a highly skilled engineer makes sense in context.
    Okay - that makes sense. I had forgotten that part of his makeup.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-14-2021 at 08:27 PM.