Page 84 of 118 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1758

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    So I don't fundamentally disagree with any of your points. But I feel like Jason's motivation has been cryptic but not inconsistent. He's forcing people, particularly the Titans, to face their fears. He even tells Dove that he intends to free her from her fear. Implied to be killing him, but in fact her fear is losing Hank. A fear she is literally free from in light of the ending. It's all more obvious lampshading that Crane is almost certainly the real Big Bad here.

Gar maybe, but this version of Conner has epigenetic memories from Luthor. He SHOULD be skilled with computers and technology. Being a highly skilled engineer makes sense in context.
    I am liking where connor's character is going this season.

Every season I try to get into it and end up not liking it. First epidoe was cool hearing what Jason said to Mad hatter. Genuely laughed and it fit. But outside that the use of the F word makes it feel like a dorky kid trying to write how cool kids talk. It's cringey at parts. I'll end up finishing it eventually if sure but not sold as of now

My biggest criticism is that three seasons in and it's still the "Nightwing and others" show. We've barely touched upon Kory's story and the rest feel like supporting characters as much as "Team Flash" are the support team for Flash. One scene of them fighting random bad guys together (where Nightwing got the most coverage) is no substitute for character work.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    My biggest criticism is that three seasons in and it's still the "Nightwing and others" show. We've barely touched upon Kory's story and the rest feel like supporting characters as much as "Team Flash" are the support team for Flash. One scene of them fighting random bad guys together (where Nightwing got the most coverage) is no substitute for character work.
    I agree is does feel a bit like the Nightwing show.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Agreed. My friend and I refer to this show as Nightwing & His Amazing Friends. There's no stakes for the other Titans with what's going on.

Well, at least the Titans are actually doing some superheroing this season

But now with Barbara, Tim, Scarecrow and Gotham it feels more and more like a Batfamily show.

And Nightwing isn't even fun. He's just some brooding, self-pitying douche.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Well probably in the second part of the season we’ll have focus on the others.
    The Blackfire storyline should involve more characters as Starfire, Raven and Donna.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    But outside that the use of the F word makes it feel like a dorky kid trying to write how cool kids talk. It's cringey at parts.
    This has been my issue since season one, episode one. There's been a few shows on USA, Suits being one of them, where they were able start using 'shit' and variations of it and it felt like they were using it every few minutes just to be like 'hey look at us, we're adults cuz we can use the real good cuss words' it's jarring but I get used to it as best I can.

Getting through all three eps now....I know I might be in the minority, but I love Hawk and Dove and could even have gone for a spinoff. Of course I am a huge mark for Alan Ritchson as well. Cannot wait to see him as Jack Reacher for the Amazon series. And I guess he won't have any Titans conflicts going forward.

This season has not been that bad, but as you folks have said it feels very much like Dick and his kind of amazing friends.

Was interesting to see what they are doing with Connor given the limitations they have vs his powerset.

All I know is there better not be some redemption angle, trying to atone for killing Hank, the drugs made him do it type of thing with Jason, if Scarecrow is the big bad. You made him a full on villain, stick with that.

And Babs has just one leg right, its not just crossed under the other?
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm curious to know what they will do with Dove now. How does she come back from that? Does she hit up Raven and ask her to put Hank on the resurrection list with Donna?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    And Babs has just one leg right, its not just crossed under the other?
    Yes. The actress had lost one of her legs in an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm curious to know what they will do with Dove now. How does she come back from that? Does she hit up Raven and ask her to put Hank on the resurrection list with Donna?
    She retires. There isn't any come back from that. Should she want to get her comeuppance on Jason? Probably. Will H&D fans like myself want to see her get it, yep.

But in the grand scheme and just seeing the ups and downs of her life in costume I think it would fit if she just taps out and leaves it all behind.

She retires. There isn't any come back from that. Should she want to get her comeuppance on Jason? Probably. Will H&D fans like myself want to see her get it, yep.

But in the grand scheme and just seeing the ups and downs of her life in costume I think it would fit if she just taps out and leaves it all behind.
    I highly doubt they'd do it, but maybe she'll channel her anger to become the new Hawk and when Donna comes back, she becomes the new Dove? (because people never seem to know what to do with Donna) Or maybe she'll find a different person to be the new Dove. Hey, make it Tim - some of his fans are already upset. Bruce is out, so he's not going to recruit Tim and it would be odd for Dick to place that mantle on another person given his feelings about it.

I highly doubt they'd do it, but maybe she'll channel her anger to become the new Hawk and when Donna comes back, she becomes the new Dove? (because people never seem to know what to do with Donna) Or maybe she'll find a different person to be the new Dove. Hey, make it Tim - some of his fans are already upset. Bruce is out, so he's not going to recruit Tim and it would be odd for Dick to place that mantle on another person given his feelings about it.
    Yeah with them taking Bats off the board the inclusion of Tim Drake in the first place seems to be really odd especially with Babs and then Dick being so against bringing another kid into things.

Yeah with them taking Bats off the board the inclusion of Tim Drake in the first place seems to be really odd especially with Babs and then Dick being so against bringing another kid into things.
    Honestly, given the glimpse of him they've shown so far I think he'll likely take it upon himself. Then of course Dick wont be happy about it, etc (because this is the Dick Grayson show...)