Page 86 of 118 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1758
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    What does killing a wolf have to do with training to fight crime?

And is it just me but do the Titans seem to commit a lot of crimes for people who are ostensibly supposed to be Superheroes? Even by vigilante standards?
    end of spoilers
    Dove did steal a shipment of gold for Jason. I wonder if she returned it.

spoilers:
    It infuriates me that Dick went to kidnap Crane in his civilian identity. On top of using his very traceable car to make the gateway. A person of his calibur shouldn't be fucking up like this
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Dove did steal a shipment of gold for Jason. I wonder if she returned it.

spoilers:
    It infuriates me that Dick went to kidnap Crane in his civilian identity. On top of using his very traceable car to make the gateway. A person of his calibur shouldn't be fucking up like this
    end of spoilers
    Me too, it makes no sense.
    I really liked the first three episodes, this one was a step down without question. I don't care for the "sub-plot" with Blackfire, hopefully it gets better as the season keeps going.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Mighty Member

There is straight up no way Dick's ID can possibly be a secret anymore. Not after this most recent episode.

spoilers:
    He attacks the prison transfer without his costume, is actively being tracked as Dick Grayson by both the GCPD and the Bureau of Prison (which they call the BoP, which cracks me up for obvious reasons), but it is Nightwing who gets shot by the GCPD sniper at the end. There's no way. Even if we write off that the horrible video feed connection means that only the sniper would have seen Nightwing, that goes into reports. Anybody who was following the transport attack, and thus new Grayson was involved, can easily put two and two together.

And now both Starfire and Beast Boy should be wanted by federal officials. To go with Dove's very public gold theft last week. Conner assaulted SFPD last season. They are all criminals, every single one of them. And not in the vigilante sense. And yet somehow only Jason is being pursued by the authorities, because the writing is so abysmally bad most of the time.
    end of spoilers

The more I think about this week's episode the less happy I am. Would it kill the writers to not treat the heroes as the bad guys every single week? We've reached a point where it's clear that Deathstroke was right last season, and every single one of these people needs to be stopped. And when you've made the homicidal psychopath who takes money to commit murder the only meaningful adult in the room, you've done something really, really wrong.

BANNED

The thing that irritates me the most of the show is it has a lot of stuff going for it, the cast is good enough, seems to have a pretty good budget, the costumes are probably some of the best superhero suits on TV, it has good choreography, nice sets, but the writing single handedly undermines it all.
    Also is it me or does it feel like that for a show that's on it's 3rd season that features a bunch of popular/fan favorite comic characters and was intended to be a flagship show of a streaming platform it goes almost zero attention from lost people?
    Because it seems like almost every other comic book show out there garner discussions and theories that last for days or even weeks at all a time, but it doesn't seem like Titans has that.

The writing on this show is just... not good. Everything is so contrived and none of the dialogue feels natural in any way, there's hardly any characterization, plots just happen because they're supposed to, etc...
    -- So Conner makes Hawk's death about him? His "you're all waiting for the Luthor half of me to turn bad" or whatever came from nowhere and goes nowhere. It's just there because they wanted a tense scene.
    -- Gar just seems to be the utility guy. He's there to be whatever any given scene needs and to dialogue with the protagonist of each scene he's in. (because it's never him)
    -- I'm shocked Dove just left before trying to take down Jason. wtf?
    -- Why the hell would Dick or Bruce be okay with killing an innocent animal? That's serial killer stuff. So now Dick's "I am the danger" speech means what? That he embraces the violent teachings that made him run away from Bruce? Or that he never needed Bruce to be a killer? Why is Dick proud of this? It seems to go against what he's been purporting to be about.
    -- Did I miss the part where Dick figured out Jason was "Crane's apprentice?" How would that have even happened with Crane being in prison? Are we really still not going to answer how Jason came back from the dead? It's still just hanging over everything. I feel we should get that out of the way so we can move forward. And Jason's trauma from last season really lead to this? Again, it's just the writers wanting some edgy, dark, flawed hero stuff to happen even though it makes little sense.
    -- Why in the hot holy heck is there just one guy keeping watch over Blackfire? (also, how is the gov not equipped to contain aliens (or whatever it was the guy said as they were leaving) in a world that has Superman and Lex Luthor?)
    -- At least we get to see Starfire threaten to burn someone's dick off... so edgy!! Cue X-Ray Spex!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-19-2021 at 08:08 PM.

So I guess this episode could be called, “ bad choices we make for our siblings.” Don’t know why blackfire was in that government facility, and was starfire locked up there too? But this decision of hers is going to bite kory big time. And they really are going down a dark road with Batman when Jonathan crane is actually making sense. Meanwhile, Connor is going to have a crisis of conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The writing on this show is just... not good. Everything is so contrived and none of the dialogue feels natural in any way, there's hardly any characterization, plots just happen because they're supposed to, etc...
    -- So Conner makes Hawk's death about him? His "you're all waiting for the Luthor half of me to turn bad" or whatever came from nowhere and goes nowhere. It's just there because they wanted a tense scene.
    -- Gar just seems to be the utility guy. He's there to be whatever any given scene needs and to dialogue with the protagonist of each scene he's in. (because it's never him)
    -- I'm shocked Dove just left before trying to take down Jason. wtf?
    -- Why the hell would Dick or Bruce be okay with killing an innocent animal? That's serial killer stuff. So now Dick's "I am the danger" speech means what? That he embraces the violent teachings that made him run away from Bruce? Or that he never needed Bruce to be a killer? Why is Dick proud of this? It seems to go against what he's been purporting to be about.
    -- Did I miss the part where Dick figured out Jason was "Crane's apprentice?" How would that have even happened with Crane being in prison? Are we really still not going to answer how Jason came back from the dead? It's still just hanging over everything. I feel we should get that out of the way so we can move forward. And Jason's trauma from last season really lead to this? Again, it's just the writers wanting some edgy, dark, flawed hero stuff to happen even though it makes little sense.
    -- Why in the hot holy heck is there just one guy keeping watch over Blackfire? (also, how is the gov not equipped to contain aliens (or whatever it was the guy said as they were leaving) in a world that has Superman and Lex Luthor?)
    -- At least we get to see Starfire threaten to burn someone's dick off... so edgy!! Cue X-Ray Spex!
    I'm going to guess that Dick figured out that the drug that Jason was cooking was fear toxin and that's how he figured everything out. It would have been nice if we saw that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- Did I miss the part where Dick figured out Jason was "Crane's apprentice?" How would that have even happened with Crane being in prison?
    A rare moment of competence from Dick. He put together Jason's drug habit, Crane's assertion that Red Hood had a new father figure, and the fact that Crane survived a Red Hood 'attack' at Arkham. Jason is too good to send a flunky who lets Crane survive and Dick knew it. So the entire thing was a ploy to get Crane out of Arkham.

As for how Jason came to be Crane's minion, we don't know yet. But given Jason's trauma from last season and his new drug habit, I'm presuming that Jason sought out Crane to find a way to master his Deathstroke inspired fear and Crane manipulating that need to his own ends.

Also, why are you presuming that Jason was ever really dead? Somebody died in a Robin costume, that body was removed from the morgue. Bruce's ID of Jason can be explained away as being influenced by Scarecrow toxin. Until the show tells me otherwise I'm assuming Jason's death was faked to set this whole plan in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Also, why are you presuming that Jason was ever really dead? Somebody died in a Robin costume, that body was removed from the morgue. Bruce's ID of Jason can be explained away as being influenced by Scarecrow toxin. Until the show tells me otherwise I'm assuming Jason's death was faked to set this whole plan in motion.
    I'm okay with Dick figuring out Jason's connection to Crane on his own without walking us through it, but it was played almost too much like a throwaway rather than a revelation. Either way, regardless of how Jason "died" or faked it, etc. I still think they should explain it just so we can move on from it as a lingering question.

The way this show handles Batman is really gross. I'm all for occasional Batman bashing, but not when it's achieved through character assasination. The writing in general continues to be very poor, and the writers can't write an ensemble cast to save their lives.

BANNED

If it's bashing it's already character assassination and bad writing.

At this point, if this is what the Titans of this universe are like, I can only imagine the Justice League is one step away from being The Seven. Just look at what they've made their Batman out to be like.

Ultimate Member

I realize now I don't dislike Hawk & Dove separately, just together. Apart, they're about as good as any other character. Together, they have too much angst

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I realize now I don't dislike Hawk & Dove separately, just together. Apart, they're about as good as any other character. Together, they have too much angst
    I like Hank well enough as his own character. I don't like Dove separately. This show has characterized her as too much of a toxic friend for my liking.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I like Hank well enough as his own character. I don't like Dove separately. This show has characterized her as too much of a toxic friend for my liking.
    I don't hate her but she's boring. Hawk was ok just talking to Dick without all the relationship drama.