Page 89 of 118 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1758

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Most of the killing on this show has been done by the villains with the heroes at worst only using it in self defense.
    You are kidding around, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I guess he assumes because of the rest of the heroes we've seen so far being major jackasses, Superman should logically one too.
    This is a huge exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You are kidding around, right?
    Honestly, I'd ask the same of you.

No I'm not.
    Huh...

So, seriously...

Nothing this season that is further out of hand than usual that would warrant Superman turning up to take this all in hand?

Really?

BANNED

Why is Jason even calling himself Red Hood?
    In the comics it was because of Joker, but here Jason planned the whole thing and the Joker was just an unaware part of it, the point of Red Hood as a story and character is being missed so hard in this show.
    Also now that they have a Lazarus Pit I feel confident this is how the show brings back Donna and Hank(yeah he was exploded but the show has done dumber things).
    It's things like this that make me feel so bad for the cast, they could do such good work if they were given competently written material.

And on the Blackfire thing this is exactly what season 2 did, where they had two villains in Deathstroke and Cadmus and both ended up underwhelming as a result, if I can compliment the first season on anything they at least kept the threat and plot contained to one antagonist.

Huh...

So, seriously...

Nothing this season that is further out of hand than usual that would warrant Superman turning up to take this all in hand?

Really?
    Given you apparently think Superman's response to that would be to burn Gotham to the ground, I wonder what you actually think Superman is actually like.

But I see this conversation is going nowhere, so I'll bow out.

Assuming that Superman would go around burning down cities just because a lot of killing happens in this show (which is no higher than any other live action superhero show) is ridiculous.
    That it is a lot this season?

Secondary issue.

The amount along with the exact way that some of them are winding up dead?

Yeah, I'm having a tough time buying into that this universes Superman just says "Hands off..."

BANNED

That it is a lot this season?

Secondary issue.

The amount along with the exact way that some of them are winding up dead?

Yeah, I'm having a tough time buying into that this universes Superman just says "Hands off..."
    Frankly the idea that Superman hasn't even got involved over Superboy alone is pretty unbelievable.
    And unlike season 2 where Superboy was an unknown, he's been appearing on TV and gotten famous enough for people to want his autograph.
    And given Superboy is a clone, Superman should notice that the kid looks like him when he was young

Astonishing Member

Hawk is done. Isn't the actor moving on? Anyway, they could take all the pieces and throw them into the pit with some matzoh balls and make hawk soup. Maybe a rat would fall in also, like the Fly, and he could become Ratman! The Dark Rodent of the Night.

Yeah, they have to keep the various heroes from interacting or it makes life so complicated. Kara seems to live on a different planet than Kal despite some small mentions of each other.

All the plots to take over the world or a city would clash. How does Scarecrow take over Gotham if resurrected Kryptonians take over the planet.

Does Scarecrow have to go to meetings over the sewer system or subway? You know, the famous evil overlord problems.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

In my biggest issues with this show is I don't believe it's world is filled with larger than life heroes and villains. Like bunch of Batman's rouges get name-dropped and reference but I don't believe they exist in this world due to how mundane everything appears to be. The fact these characters spend more time hanging out in mansions and lofts rather than actually fighting crime contributes to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    In my biggest issues with this show is I don't believe it's world is filled with larger than life heroes and villains. Like bunch of Batman's rouges get name-dropped and reference but I don't believe they exist in this world due to how mundane everything appears to be. The fact these characters spend more time hanging out in mansions and lofts rather than actually fighting crime contributes to it too.
    They seem to spend more time committing crimes at this point than actually fighting them.

Genuinely curious, why are you watching the show if you clearly don't like it that much?
    I like parts of it, but more than that, I want to love it. I like the cast, they're obviously spending a decent amount of money and I like that they really try to be faithful to the comics while treading new ground. I like a lot of the ideas they have - i.e. Crane being the force behind Jason's corruption because Jason wanted to be fearless. That's a good idea, so I will give it credit for that, but the execution is really poor and then it upsets me that they couldn't pull off what they were going for (in my mind) It's a situation where their faults upset me because I care - I want to see this team written well so my negative responses stem from my frustration that the writing's faults are just soooo letting down what could be a very good show.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, the ideas are good but the execution is rough.

With the 2 villains per season thing, why can't one villain be in the first half, and the other in the second half?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Until Blackfire actually becomes a threat I'm not gonna count her as one of the seasons villains. The stuff they setup with her last season went nowhere since they imprisoned her off screen.

You guys think we will see Scarecrow with the mask on? Or will we just keep seeing Dr Crane (Who I love and is very entertaining)?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    You guys think we will see Scarecrow with the mask on? Or will we just keep seeing Dr Crane (Who I love and is very entertaining)?
    Be kind of a waste to use Scarecrow and never have him use his mask once.