Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Default Batman/The Shadow #1 Preview/Discussion

DC Comics and Dynamite Entertainment launch their latest crossover series Batman/The Shadow this week:

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/...nthe-shadow-1/

I was actually really impressed with the preview. Rossmo's work looks great. We again see who is now (since Begins) Batman's most famous trainer, as far as Bat-universe-specific characters. Also, Arkham and the rogues.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-25-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Rossmo's art is gorgeous. I don't know the Shadow very well, and I'm hesitant with Orlando writing it, but it looks good so far.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

That Tim Sale cover is fantastic. Sale drawing The Shadow! So damn cool.

Henri Ducard... Since RSOB that I don´t heard that name.

Unlike All Star Batman I think that... this kind of comic is for me... I was a little interested by the joker but... I'm going to watch the comic since the first chapter.

Zeus??..... I remember heard the name of Maxie? Zeus in the past... He should be that character..

Poor man.. I like this Montoya..

WHO IS PATRICK?
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-26-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The Shadow was almost always best under DC, when it came to his comics. As with the Punisher, I'm pretty pumped to see Batman deal with fatal methods.

BANNED

First Snyder comic I`ll actually like. Guaranteed.

The Shadow is awesome.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I like everyone involved, but I'm gonna trade wait this. Looks really good, though!
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    I like everyone involved, but I'm gonna trade wait this. Looks really good, though!
    Me, too. Meanwhile I recommend Matt Wagner's Shadow Year One and Shadow Death of Margo Lane. There's a lot of the old radio Shadow on Youtube, too.

This was a good and solid issue. It's a good old-fashioned murder mystery with a touch of mysticism.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I had high hopes from the moment of announcement, but this absolutely blew me away. This already seems like it's going to end up my favorite comics crossover other than JLA/Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Having read the first issue, don't if getting it in singles is practical - it looks like the cliffhangers are going to be half the fun with this one.
    Buh-bye

I wish DC would get the rights to The Shadow back. There are many other DC heroes and villains I'd love to see him cross paths with.

Would love to see The Shadow team up with The Question, (Golden Age) Sandman, Constantine and Zatanna, Red Hood, and yes even Superman.

I think a pulp/sci fi team up with Martian Manhunter would be fun. Detective John Jones trying to solve a murder mystery has a run in with The Shadow. Turns into something far more mysterious and it would of course require both of their telepathic powers. I know The Shadow is usually just known to "cloud men's minds" but it would be cool to expand on that.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-26-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Solid start. If anyone missed it, villain (honest signal?) was introduced in Batman Annual #1 that was released recently with art also by Rossmo and written by Orlando so it is safe to consider that short story a prequel to this, I think.

Matches Malone is different..

I was surprised in the last scene... Or Ducard is the Shadow or... He is a good actor, Bruce was tricked
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-27-2017 at 04:23 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Solid start. If anyone missed it, villain (honest signal?) was introduced in Batman Annual #1 that was released recently with art also by Rossmo and written by Orlando so it is safe to consider that short story a prequel to this, I think.
    Is this in continuity or is this like Batman/ Turtles separate but based on current continuity?

I suspect you could consider it as being in-continuity, but I think that once it wraps up it will never be referenced again anywhere. Unless it sells really well and we get a sequel.