Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Old Man Logan = *Our* Logan?

Anyone else confused why the rest of 616 is treating Old Man Logan as if he was their Wolverine and vice versa? They talk to each other about the past even though they don't share the same timeline...

Well, it is the same timeline until House of M; something that never happened in OML's timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, it is the same timeline until House of M; something that never happened in OML's timeline.
    Not exactly. There are other differences.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Not exactly. There are other differences.
    Right. It's definitely an alternate earth, universe, timeline, whatever... Which is why things like his connection with Storm, like they're old friends, is so confusing. I mean I know the alternate versions of them were close but THESE two were not.

iMan 42s

I think in some respects it's treated like the same Wolverine because as some have pointed out, there are enough similarities that most events line-up with the events of 616. In short, Wolverine of 616 and Old man Logan did enough of the same things that OML shouldn't be all that confused about what is going on, and who knows who/who did what. The biggest difference is the divergence from his world to 616 but other than that it isn't that hard for him or anyone else to simply fill in the blank.

I think thy recognize he isn't 616 Logan but they can talk with him like it was there own Logan for the most part since they predominantly share a history.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Both Laura and Gabby treat him as a stranger and for a pretty good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Actually way later. Considering this Logan raised Laura up and Gabby was also born and aged up by then.

Fantastic Member

Maybe they miss their friend, and at this point used to dealing with clones, alternate, and times displaced versions of themselves??

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

Actually way later. Considering this Logan raised Laura up and Gabby was also born and aged up by then.
    Not really, there's other differences too. Such as him being born in the 1700s instead of 1800s.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Not really, there's other differences too. Such as him being born in the 1700s instead of 1800s.
    Again I'm pretty sure that's a mistake since going by Past Lives everything we're seeing is the same as 616.

Yeah, he's basically the same Wolverine, just having been marooned in a terrible future for 50 years and now magically transported back to the present. Which clearly seems to have diverged from his timeline at some point in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankey_Kang View Post
    Right. It's definitely an alternate earth, universe, timeline, whatever... Which is why things like his connection with Storm, like they're old friends, is so confusing. I mean I know the alternate versions of them were close but THESE two were not.
    Well if you've been reading his book now he's currently traveling through his past and pretty much most of what he's experiencing is what the 616 Logan went through and a lot more like his time at Weapon X, His first fight with the Hulk, Heck he even went through the Phoenix saga as well. So a lot of his memories line up with the X-men of 616.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Well if you've been reading his book now he's currently traveling through his past and pretty much most of what he's experiencing is what the 616 Logan went through and a lot more like his time at Weapon X, His first fight with the Hulk, Heck he even went through the Phoenix saga as well. So a lot of his memories line up with the X-men of 616.
    I suppose it's too much to ask that they'll actually SHOW what went down between him, Gabby, and Laura in his universe while they take the trip down memory lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I suppose it's too much to ask that they'll actually SHOW what went down between him, Gabby, and Laura in his universe while they take the trip down memory lane.
    Yeah I don't think they'll actually bring that up. Well it is what it is.

All-New Member

I guess my point is that, even if their memories line up and they've led similar lives and all that, it's been made clear that they are not the same and existed in different worlds. It just strikes me as odd that pretty much immediately he was treated as an old friend.

BANNED

Yeah I don't think they'll actually bring that up. Well it is what it is.
    The CWII tie-in really should have been a crossover between the two books; Lemire showing the events of Logan's timeline to establish the context, with Taylor covering the present day.