Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Wonder Woman Annual #1 changes

Posted at Newsarama.

I'm just wondering if, without the Rucka/Sharp story, are the "loose ends" really going to be tied up?

I'd also rather have one or two longer, more complex stories than what sound like "fill-in" stories, though I'm glad for the showcasing of new talent.

Hmm...I'm wondering what happened to the story with Sharp, and how vital it is, but the new stories all sound interesting, and with some great art to boot .

Hmmm...I think I like this idea better, not fan of Annuals doing poorly yet important revelations (yes, this is about Titans annual). I guess we will know when it comes out

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Posted at Newsarama.

I'm just wondering if, without the Rucka/Sharp story, are the "loose ends" really going to be tied up?

I'd also rather have one or two longer, more complex stories than what sound like "fill-in" stories, though I'm glad for the showcasing of new talent.
    For all we know, they could have added more pages to the finale of the main series for that epilogue. I wouldn't worry. Not that I have been a fan of this run

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    For all we know, they could have added more pages to the finale of the main series for that epilogue. I wouldn't worry. Not that I have been a fan of this run

That's my guess as well.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...I'm wondering what happened to the story with Sharp, and how vital it is, but the new stories all sound interesting, and with some great art to boot .
    Sharps trying to rap up the arc for WW

I asked him on Twitter and he said "I had to put the main series over the annual. There just wasn't time to do a monthly book AND ten extra pages...something had to give."

Issue #25 will be 28 pages, and he's doing 1/2.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 05-09-2017 at 08:35 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Interesting. I really hope these are solid stories, but based on the Batman Annual, I think it's going to be a mixed bag. Oh, and similar to the Wonder Woman 75th anniversary thingy.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I have to say, I couldn't be less excited about this annual. The stories all sound pretty meh. She has to save King Shark? Really? Not one of her own rogues? Sheesh. And kaiju stories have been done to death in Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman. I don't know why writers love seeing her fight giant monsters so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I have to say, I couldn't be less excited about this annual. The stories all sound pretty meh. She has to save King Shark? Really? Not one of her own rogues? Sheesh. And kaiju stories have been done to death in Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman. I don't know why writers love seeing her fight giant monsters so much.
    Because it's fun!

I'm unhappy with the cartoon art from the pic that's shown. It's making me think of adventure time or something

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I'm beyond sick of Diana fighting generic monsters. Would it have really killed them to use Giganta or Mauschen(formerly Mouse Man) instead?
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 05-10-2017 at 04:13 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I'm in for Nicola

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I'm in for Nicola
    Same.

But lowkey feeling that it's going to be underwhelming overall--like 75th anniversary comic.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Minister Mauschen(formerly Mouse Man)?
    Where'd the new name come from?

If I were writing Wonder Woman, I would use Mouse Man!
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/