View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars!

    15 39.47%
  • 4 Stars.

    13 34.21%
  • 3 Stars.

    5 13.16%
  • 2 Stars.

    3 7.89%
  • 1 Star...

    2 5.26%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 72
  1. #16
    Incredible Member MarquisAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Is it just me or does ares seem to look like Diana?

  2. #17
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I can more readily see Aphrodite hop into bed with this guy than I can Azzares.
    To be fair, War didn't look that old when she did... plus according to Demeter he is a good singer.

  3. #18
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Is it just me or does ares seem to look like Diana?
    Maybe she is indeed his granddaughter...

  4. #19
    Mighty Member My Two Cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    Half sister if Zeus is both Diana and Ares, father.
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 04-26-2017 at 03:52 PM.

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Half sister if Zeus is both Diana and Ares, father.
    I think that in greek mythology the amazons are Ares' daughters though.

  6. #21
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I enjoyed the story, and I liked the action sequences. I laughed at Steve and Cale's meeting. They at least made Cale quite snarky and daring in this run. I also actually liked how Diana was drawn this issue. Very beautiful and strong. I want to say more positive things about this issue, but honestly, it was just good. Nothing particularly memorable and while I liked the story; I'm still finding Godwatch to be a lot more engaging.

    That being said, I'm disappointed with this Colonel Poison. So, I'm pretty new to the Wonder Woman mythos, and one of the reasons I decided to start reading this comic and even bought trades of some past comics and did Wiki research on the characters, supporting cast and villains is because I am absolutely in love with Elena Anaya's version of Dr. Poison in the upcoming movie. I have not seen the movie, but from the very first Comic Con trailer, I loved the look and the pained determination the actress displays through her eyes. I researched the character, and when I saw that Poison was going to get her own issue for the Truth story arc, it was one of the main reasons I decided to dive into the Truth arc and consequently the Godwatch arc, as well. Sadly, this Poison is not memorable at all, and I'm really hoping the next writer does something a lot more exciting with her. I want her to be creating toxins that drive people mad, gases that force people to tell the truth or creating chemical warfare. This bland soldier with a rifle has not lived up to my hopes for the character, and I sincerely hope whoever writes Wonder Woman next allows this character to be great.

    Beside from that, I actually loved the look of Ares. He kinda reminded me of Henry Cavil. Just the perfect specimen of a man. This Ares, while we are just now officially being introduced to him, definitely piques my interest. I can see this Ares being an amazing behind the scenes manipulator and I can see his look being one of the ways he seduces people to evil and bloodshed. I'm hoping the theories of Izzy becoming the next Silver Swan are true because I would love for Cale to get her daughter back solely to lose her again. Not only would it give her a reason to hate Ares, but it will also give her an legitimate reason to be a continued antagonist for Wonder Woman, too.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I enjoyed the story, and I liked the action sequences. I laughed at Steve and Cale's meeting. They at least made Cale quite snarky and daring in this run. I also actually liked how Diana was drawn this issue. Very beautiful and strong. I want to say more positive things about this issue, but honestly, it was just good. Nothing particularly memorable and while I liked the story; I'm still finding Godwatch to be a lot more engaging.

    That being said, I'm disappointed with this Colonel Poison. So, I'm pretty new to the Wonder Woman mythos, and one of the reasons I decided to start reading this comic and even bought trades of some past comics and did Wiki research on the characters, supporting cast and villains is because I am absolutely in love with Elena Anaya's version of Dr. Poison in the upcoming movie. I have not seen the movie, but from the very first Comic Con trailer, I loved the look and the pained determination the actress displays through her eyes. I researched the character, and when I saw that Poison was going to get her own issue for the Truth story arc, it was one of the main reasons I decided to dive into the Truth arc and consequently the Godwatch arc, as well. Sadly, this Poison is not memorable at all, and I'm really hoping the next writer does something a lot more exciting with her. I want her to be creating toxins that drive people mad, gases that force people to tell the truth or creating chemical warfare. This bland soldier with a rifle has not lived up to my hopes for the character, and I sincerely hope whoever writes Wonder Woman next allows this character to be great.

    Beside from that, I actually loved the look of Ares. He kinda reminded me of Henry Cavil. Just the perfect specimen of a man. This Ares, while we are just now officially being introduced to him, definitely piques my interest. I can see this Ares being an amazing behind the scenes manipulator and I can see his look being one of the ways he seduces people to evil and bloodshed. I'm hoping the theories of Izzy becoming the next Silver Swan are true because I would love for Cale to get her daughter back solely to lose her again. Not only would it give her a reason to hate Ares, but it will also give her an legitimate reason to be a continued antagonist for Wonder Woman, too.
    Welcome to the WW world! Yes, I understand that this Poison might be underwhelming, I wouldn't mind if she stayed as a soldier, but that she had a control over toxins. And I really dig your idea, since the first Swan was created by Ares.

  8. #23
    Fantastic Member BrianWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Heh...I don't mind the big evil armored Ares, but I gotta say I really missed this interpretation of Ares as well with his laid back snarky mood.

    The last section of this issue kinda gave me massive Gaiman vibes, especially from Sharp's moody abstract art. But in particular it reminds me of the Sandman issue where he descends to hell, expecting a big battle, only to find Lucifer just chilling and wanting to have a nice pleasant chat. Can't wait to see what happens next!

  9. #24
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    They do when they feature Hecate? And Nyx. But you are right they probably wouldn't... they would settle with what consider 'average', like Cale and Chiang's Hera aren't ugly people, but they aren't attracting men like flies with their looks either. And if its for the manipulation... ehh, I really do not want the God of War to be Tom Hiddleston's Loki, while I know deception has long been part of Ares' character in DC.

    To be honest, I wouldn't really know since dudes are not my cup of tea I just assumed he must not be if Ares needed to fill that spot.
    I wonder if Rucka made ARES a smoldering hot brunette here so as not to confuse readers because Steve already occupied the smoldering hot blonde spot. I recall similar thinking in the Artemis/Demeter merger from the first go-round

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    And Ares... I am going to be the first, at time of writing, who does not want Ares to be a beach-stud. I get why Perez drew him as the brother of Lord Sauron, he was the ultimate evil of Diana's world and he had to look the part.
    For eons Sauron had a pleasing and charismatic form. It was only after his body was destroyed in a cataclysm - which he brought about - that he was no longer capable of making himself look attractive.

    I think the view that evil characters - supervillains or even gods - can't be physically attractive is kind of arbitrary. As someone pointed out, a lot a evil female supervillains are pinup-level bombshells. Why not the males?

    I mean, if all it's for is to be eye candy... why not make Steve that sexy instead?
    Shirtless Steve has had a lot of admirers. And a few readers who complained because they thought he was being used for eye candy.
    Doctor Bifrost

    "If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

  11. #26
    Incredible Member MarquisAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Maybe she is indeed his granddaughter...
    Is that what he is in this run? I don't remember seeing that.

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Is that what he is in this run? I don't remember seeing that.
    We don't know yet. But I think that in year one "Ares" refers to Hippolyta as daughter.

  13. #28
    Incredible Member MarquisAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    We don't know yet. But I think that in year one "Ares" refers to Hippolyta as daughter.
    From my understanding he meant all of them were his daughters. Like the other amazon said "we are daughters of ares and harmonia"

  14. #29
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,136

    Default

    I really enjoyed Cheetah's characterization in this issue. She's so b_tchy towards everyone - it was hilarious! The ending was quite nice with Veronica accepting Diana's help to find her daughter. Ares' appearance and predicament surprised me. I wonder what his grand scheme is in all of this?
    Currently Reading:Batman & The Outsiders, Doomsday Clock, Female Furies, Freedom Fighters, Hawkman, Heroes in Crisis, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Shazam, Wonder Twins, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I really enjoyed Cheetah's characterization in this issue. She's so b_tchy towards everyone - it was hilarious! The ending was quite nice with Veronica accepting Diana's help to find her daughter. Ares' appearance and predicament surprised me. I wonder what his grand scheme is in all of this?
    I'd hate everybody if I were Cheetah as well

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •