Page 233 of 247 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 3695

Do i need to read rhe furtheR adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Need is a very subjective word. The first series is far more important than the second, but both are enjoyable.

It's more like origins of Sinister than Cyclops/Jean adventure. So decide for yourself.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    They, and Marvel editorial, see Jott as something to subvert and disrupt, not build on. Part of it's to gin up drama. Part of it's a (IMO) myopic adherence to the genre convention of not letting major characters age past their early 30s--Scott and Jean "can't" age so there's no point in playing out their marriage any further.

Beyond that, I think it also has to do with superhero comics shifting from being mainstream, mass market entertainment (up through the mid-90s or so) to being the hyper-niche entertainment they are today.* The tastes of today's generation of comics writers, particularly at Marvel, seem to be more post-modern and hipster-y compared to their predecessors 20+ years ago (many of whom are now at DC). To current writers, Jott is a very vanilla, mainstream type of love story and so their instinct is to deconstruct it, not develop it. To put it another way, they see Jott as Mainstream Top 40 when what they want to play is Indie Rock.

*To be clear: I'm talking about superhero comics, not superhero fiction in general which is obviously more popular than it's ever been.
    This is upsetting and depressing. These writers truly don’t seem to understand what their fans wants and enjoy.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    While I agree that might be the current creator view on Jott, not ageing beyond a certain point didn't stop Reed and Sue. Franklin is going on 50 years old by now. Last I read FF, no way he was 10. He aged and then pretty much stopped. Peter and MJ got into their 20s and then pretty much stopped, and that marriage lasted 20 years. I think Jean and Scott could have stayed married in the books without ageing them anywhere near real time. A creator didn't think they worked anymore and perhaps the current lot wants drama. Again, that is not just Marvel thinking. It's a longstanding serial fiction dilemma about permanently hooking up, as in marrying, love interests.
    Sadly, that applies to romance in general for any big character, not only Jean and Scott. Just look at the recent Batman/Catwoman debacle. relationships, specially serious relationships and building on them and let them go far are seen as something bad. even with OTP like burce/selina and peter/mj. those are stories that the big two apparently find boring.
    Some fans want their favorite characters to have a chance with Jean or Scott (i mean they are attractive characters that will inmediatly give less important characters more panel time) without thinking about this before. Like for example marvel could pair them with other people but those relationships will never reach that far. specially because in marvel they would mean adding more baggage to the characters (like cyclops marrying for the third time for example, that can't be good). there is a limit those other relationship can't reach no matter how good they are. That philosophy will eventually screw any other relationship eventually. which makes all this love drama meaningless in the long run.
    like for example all the drama with emma would be worth nothing the moment Cyclops hooks up with someone else. that relationship will eventually too. When marvel broke Jean and Scott is when they gave up to taking any compromise seriousl.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-10-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Mighty Member

I just wonder how Marvel will handle their reunion after them embracing one another in PR, Jean calling him husband and wishing he was beside her. If they met and they don’t reconcile .. imma be like “Bih what happened to U wanting him beside you” lol

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I just wonder how Marvel will handle their reunion after them embracing one another in PR, Jean calling him husband and wishing he was beside her. If they met and they don’t reconcile .. imma be like “Bih what happened to U wanting him beside you” lol
    Yeah, i wonder how Marvel will handle the whole thing.
    they had Scott missing jean for years and they had jean missing scott since she came back. it would be weird if they act like nothing after coming back from the death

hckht.jpg
    greykjh.jpg
    ujhl.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, i wonder how Marvel will handle the whole thing.
    they had Scott missing jean for years and they had jean missing scott since she came back. it would be weird if they act like nothing after coming back from the death

hckht.jpg
    greykjh.jpg
    ujhl.jpg
    Aww these panels TT^TT

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It's more like origins of Sinister than Cyclops/Jean adventure. So decide for yourself.

It's not like they were minor characters, but I'd say Sinister's origin is the biggest development in the series. I certainly think he has at least as big a part as they do. If someone is looking for Jott, as in romance, the first mini gives you more of that. They are separated for much of the second. Not separated as in marital strain. Separated by the circumstances of the plot.

In case you haven't found this yet, the S&J Archives does a pretty good job of summarizing their interactions across all the comics. I've found it helpful from time to time, especially to track down some of the less high profile stuff. The link's here. If you're new to the X-Men or it's just been a while since you've read the older stuff, it can be very useful.

Mighty Member

Do you guys think the whole “ Who saved Jean Grey from DP” will have something to do with Jott?

Do you guys think the whole “ Who saved Jean Grey from DP” will have something to do with Jott?
    It's hard to say at this point. We'll have to wait for more details, but I doubt it will. Maybe there will be some time traveling involved. Maybe it'll significantly change how Jean and the other see the events of the Phoenix Saga, but for the moment, I don't think it will have much to do with the Cyclops/Jean relationship.

I could be wrong, but it's just too early to say.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

This is not good, it seems that it will be Jason Aaron who will write it and according to what I read here he is a crazy fan of Wolverine.
    and that WHO, what that means? they can only be two Jean same or Scott. I think if I'm not mistaken that in some comics they literally say that the love that Jean and Scott had was what help her to have control at the end of Dark Phoenix before sacrificing herself.

I hope I'm wrong but that doesn't seem to be good for Jott and the possibility that it is Wolverine who saved her ... is not good at all.
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 12-12-2018 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    This is not good, it seems that it will be Jason Aaron who will write it and according to what I read here he is a crazy fan of Wolverine.
    and that WHO, what that means? they can only be two Jean same or Scott. I think if I'm not mistaken that in some comics they literally say that the love that Jean and Scott had was what help her to have control at the end of Dark Phoenix before sacrificing herself.

I hope I'm wrong but that doesn't seem to be good for Jott and the possibility that it is Wolverine who saved her ... is not good at all.
    Where did you hear that Aaron was going to write it? The announcement said that no creative teams have been announced.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I don't think this would affect the relationship even if marvel makes wolverine save the day but regardless of who marvel puts there it will hurt the story, that is the really bad part. hopeful it is nothing important.