Page 153 of 247 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3695
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    They were my 2 favorite Marvel couples. JOTT was my favorite, but I've always objectively thought of Reed and Sue as THE Marvel couple. Also, unlike other couples, I don't recall ever reading a creator who was against the couple being together or the marriage. Like it's accepted as part of the tapestry of the book. 40 plus years of marriage. One separation that lasted about a year and another brief one about Civil War. Plus, neither has died for long. Reed once for maybe 20 issues.
    So they never hook up with anyone else. How many comics couples can you say that for?
    You are right, Reed and Sue are THE couple. What I meant was their marriage is no longer really the focus on their story. They are written as adults, no more will they won’t they stuff. I want Scott and Jean like that. No matter what happens to the X-Men, they endure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    You are right, Reed and Sue are THE couple. What I meant was their marriage is no longer really the focus on their story. They are written as adults, no more will they won’t they stuff. I want Scott and Jean like that. No matter what happens to the X-Men, they endure.
    Not gonna happen.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yup, it's sad how everything has changed. I was talking with an old x-men fan (there arent many x-men fans in my country) and he told me how there was a time were people liked jean and scott together, were it was impossible to imagine them being apart but this days, my god every body acts like it was the worst thing ever. Some kind of abusive relationship to blame for every problem the characters ever had. I thought scemma fans were tiresome but they are nothing compared with the part of the jean fandom that hates scott. You cant read a single freaking page that doesn't derail into hate.

This is freaking sad, because its a really beautiful love story. One of the greatest and longest romances in comics. How can something that special be wrong?

Also for the jean fans here. Please when you go to the jean thread don't argue, sometimes that only fuels the disccussion and you are giving the haters more chances to keep talking the same crap.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yup, it's sad how everything has changed. I was talking with an old x-men fan (there arent many x-men fans in my country) and he told me how there was a time were people liked jean and scott together, were it was impossible to imagine them being apart but this days, my god every body acts like it was the worst thing ever. Some kind of abusive relationship to blame for every problem the characters ever had. I thought scemma fans were tiresome but they are nothing compared with the part of the jean fandom that hates scott. You cant read a single freaking page that doesn't derail into hate.

This is freaking sad, because its a really beautiful love story. One of the greatest and longest romances in comics. How can something that special be wrong?
    Editorial happened and stupid ideas beyond.

I blame Morrison and keeping jean dead so long. Sometimes the last impression is the one that counts the most.

He could break jean/scott with more dignity or if he was going to kill jean, then dont break them. The last impression some people got of their romance was that stupid affair. If jean had come back quickly they could talk things but they had her dead for 14years and now cyclops is dead for who knows how long. For all this time what has defined their relationship is that failure.

Ah, you are giving too much thought, expect for 2 or 3 vocal fans, Jean's thread been exclusively a place to hate Cyclops, those who till now had nothing to do with Jean,Scott etc., suddenly pop up. That said, Marvel can make Jean/Scott great again. If they want to, they can do a retcon like Cassandra Nova was manupulating Scott into having an affair & because of that Phoenix nudged he went with Emma etc.

It's easy, but we may have to wait for a while.

I think they could be repaired and do want an eventual reunion but I think Jean needs to at least date someone else before that happens. I wouldnt mind seeing him jealous and bothered with what he's lost. Id have them be platonic friends but have it evident that the chemistry is still there. She'd of course have to break up with her bf before anything ever happened with Scott, but Marvel should take their time and not rush into things

Mighty Member

i think the best for jean/scott is for cyclops to not come back yet, until jean is dating someone else.
    If cyclops comes back and inmediatly hooks up with jean. I cant imagine how much people would complain.
    People are going to complain regardless.

Fandom politics shouldn't impact Marvel's creative decisions at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think they could be repaired and do want an eventual reunion but I think Jean needs to at least date someone else before that happens. I wouldnt mind seeing him jealous and bothered with what he's lost. Id have them be platonic friends but have it evident that the chemistry is still there. She'd of course have to break up with her bf before anything ever happened with Scott, but Marvel should take their time and not rush into things
    No problem with Jean to date someone new to know that where her heart, truly lies. But, nah, not friends. Keep them apart. I'm pretty sure Cyclops would try to get back together but Jean will turn him down. Also, hope that marvel will give some weight to Jean/Logan thing.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    People are going to complain regardless.

Fandom politics shouldn't impact Marvel's creative decisions at all.
    Agreed.

10char
    Last edited by Cyke is Slim; 07-23-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Jean and Scott's love story is really beautiful, so I doubt that Jott is dead and I'm sure they'll be together again, a love like theirs can not die so easily.

I'm not against Jean dating someone, but we all know that Jean's true love is Scott, so eventually she'll break up with that someone and go back to Scott and you know that that will unleash the fury of some of Jean's fans.

I really don't know what it is worse. Jean dating with someone but anyway she end up with Scott or not dating anyone and she is single until Scott returns. Whichever way Marvel chooses some fans of Jean will be furious.

I'm in favor of Jean dating someone, Scott had his story with Emma so Jean has every right in the world to dating with whoever she wants, but the problem is that even if that future relationship breaks that will create in turn a new or more stronger love triangle.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    There are a couple posters who I question whether or not they are truly fans of their favorite characters or just people who hate Scott, since they seem to spend much more time doing the latter.
    That's because they can't discuss what they like(d) about Scott without getting dogpiled on by the RightClops Blasphemy Patrol and their passive-aggressive fellow travelers. Probably why there don't seem to be that many Tyke fans hanging around here, either.

This forum is deeply hostile to BoyScott fans and rather frosty to Jott shippers in general.

Going by previous polls, though, the sizable lurker contingent seems to lean pro-Jott.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    That's because they can't discuss what they like(d) about Scott without getting dogpiled on by the RightClops Blasphemy Patrol and their passive-aggressive fellow travelers. Probably why there don't seem to be that many Tyke fans hanging around here, either.

This forum is deeply hostile to BoyScott fans and rather frosty to Jott shippers in general.

Going by previous polls, though, the sizable lurker contingent seems to lean pro-Jott.
    I know this isn't the right place, but I don't understand how you say Cyclops is different now. If you ignore somethings in Phoenix Endsong, Scott remained much the same man he always was. His values didn't change, his goals didn't, only the situation.

I agree with this.