Page 234 of 247 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 3695

If I read it correctly they just announced that it was just a dumb Cosmic Ghost Rider comic, it shouldn't really matter (and the X-men appear in their 05 costumes in the cover)

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Where did you hear that Aaron was going to write it? The announcement said that no creative teams have been announced.
    Many people mentioned him in the threads of Jean and Scott...

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    If I read it correctly they just announced that it was just a dumb Cosmic Ghost Rider comic, it shouldn't really matter (and the X-men appear in their 05 costumes in the cover)
    I love the idea. Cosmic Ghost Rider is great! I doubt it has major implications for Scott/Jean. If nothing else, it’ll reconnect the current state of affairs with the past and I think the X-men need that, especially Scott and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Many people mentioned him in the threads of Jean and Scott...
    I saw that too, but it was more concern than an announcement. The creative team announced has nothing to do with Jason Aaron so I think it’s okay to take a breath.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I love the idea. Cosmic Ghost Rider is great! I doubt it has major implications for Scott/Jean. If nothing else, it’ll reconnect the current state of affairs with the past and I think the X-men need that, especially Scott and Jean.

I saw that too, but it was more concern than an announcement. The creative team announced has nothing to do with Jason Aaron so I think it’s okay to take a breath.
    aaah ok, I thought it was official and that's why people reacted like that.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I found this interesting podcast
    https://cbccpodcast.podbean.com/
    https://twitter.com/CBCCPodcast

They talk a lot about Jean and Scott. Not everything is good but is interesting
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-13-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I found this interesting podcast
    https://cbccpodcast.podbean.com/
    https://twitter.com/CBCCPodcast

They talk a lot aboutJean and Scott. Not everything is good but is interesting
    Yoo I’ll check this out for sure.

I really hate how the whole affair thing reflects on Scott. Jeez, Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    aaah ok, I thought it was official and that's why people reacted like that.
    After becoming 'Mutant Hitler' off panel, Cyke's fans have no faith in Marvel. Actually, we do have faith - that they want to screw him up even more. Much like the same faith a Christian has in the Devil.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    After becoming 'Mutant Hitler' off panel, Cyke's fans have no faith in Marvel. Actually, we do have faith - that they want to screw him up even more. Much like the same faith a Christian has in the Devil.
    Hahah True.

I don’t have faith in the way marvel will treat Scott or Jott.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I agree with these sentiments completely. Something good would be a surprise.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

I wonder if these writers actually care about what the fans want, and take reviews seriously.
    The whole franchise has been stale n stagnant but they won’t put in effort and change it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I wonder if these writers actually care about what the fans want, and take reviews seriously.
    The whole franchise has been stale n stagnant but they won’t put in effort and change it.
    I think the editors and writers want to put out what they think are good, fun stories. It's just that what they like isn't necessarily what we like. My general impression from their comments in interviews, on Twitter, etc. is that they view the characters and the X-mythos on a much more meta level than we do. For them, it's chiefly about stimulation and suspense--making each story an entertaining, unpredictable thrill ride. For us, it's about continuing the saga of these characters and their lives, the world-building, and further development of the larger X-Men narrative as a whole.

They're interested in making a clever, tasty snack. We're interested in the next serving of a multi-course meal.

The other factor to consider is how much Marvel corporate is leaning on them and how that shapes editorial directives.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I agree with these sentiments completely. Something good would be a surprise.
    The aftermath of Death of X was basically finding out that Schindler had become Hitler while Goebbels became a hero. Anyone capable of that kind of logic inspires the wrong kind of confidence in me. It's excusable only if Bizzarro lept off the page and was in charge at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I think the editors and writers want to put out what they think are good, fun stories. It's just that what they like isn't necessarily what we like. My general impression from their comments in interviews, on Twitter, etc. is that they view the characters and the X-mythos on a much more meta level than we do. For them, it's chiefly about stimulation and suspense--making each story an entertaining, unpredictable thrill ride. For us, it's about continuing the saga of these characters and their lives, the world-building, and further development of the larger X-Men narrative as a whole.

They're interested in making a clever, tasty snack. We're interested in the next serving of a multi-course meal.

The other factor to consider is how much Marvel corporate is leaning on them and how that shapes editorial directives.
    I've read a lot lately from both writers and editors and I have to agree that you've nailed the general trend. I do thing JDW has a more character driven focus than most of the writers seem to, but I'm not sure that's translating into any real change in the books. It really comes down to serial vs episodic story telling. Given that most of these writers know they've got anywhere from 5 to 20 issues to say what they want to say, I can't really blame them for the approach their taking.

If Marvel were willing to commit to giving a creative team a significant run, say fifty issues on a book like Uncanny (for example) I think we could see something of a return to this. It's a risk because we're all stuck with that writer for the duration but I think the rewards outweigh the risks. Marvel will only ever see it that way, if they in fact recognize and agree that long form story telling is the best approach to the X-Men.

The aftermath of Death of X was basically finding out that Schindler had become Hitler while Goebbels became a hero. Anyone capable of that kind of logic inspires the wrong kind of confidence in me. It's excusable only if Bizzarro lept off the page and was in charge at Marvel.
    Let's not forget that DoX, and the narrative around it was done to support the Inhumans. This is what happens when books are written to serve external purposes, other than strictly entertaining the reader. I think we have seen something similar in Red, just for different reasons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Yoo I’ll check this out for sure.

I really hate how the whole affair thing reflects on Scott. Jeez, Morrison.
    Thanks, I think I'll pass. I think the only thing I'd rather not hear is a podcast about JOTT in NEW X MEN. Now, if they started about 20 issues into X FACTOR i could see myself possibly listening. They are going to go into the early stuff. It happened, no getting around it, doesn't mean I want to listen to a show about it.