Page 191 of 247 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3695

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I have looked superficially at what has happened with Medusa and Black Bolt recently. I can only say ... I think I hate Medusa. she cheated BB with Johnny Storm, then she returns with BB. then she says that she is dying and at the first opportunity she has, she cheat him now with Gorgon. only to then tell BB that now the love of her life is Gorgon. I guess it's a family thing, Crystal also cheated Pietro ... while the poor BB is suffering and not stop thinking about her. I do not know if BB has done something wrong about his relationship with her but until I saw him, he looked like the vitima. and to think that I thought they were a great couple ...

I hope Marvel does not do anything like this with Jott. Currently my biggest fear is that it has been announced that Jean will have a kiss soon possibly with someone who is not Scott. I'm sure that in the next year Scott will come back (maybe I'm wrong) but if they give Jean a love interest just before Scott returns, it's clear that it will be to create more unnecessary drama.
    I don't think they'll do Scott and Jean like this. The regime that broke them in the first place is no longer in power and I'm sure at this point Marvel knows there's a market for the couple again; I would even argue that Tyke and Jeen was an attempt to test the waters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I have been reading inhumans books for the last few days and i could see that Marvel has really screwed with Black Bolt and Medusa. She has sleep with many men and dumped Black bolt many times and still calls him love & husband in death of inhumans. Marvel really likes to screw things for some reason. I wonder if Jean and Scott will get the same treatment.
    They wanted to make her look strong and right compared to him, so that had to be done. So you had things like Medusa dumping, beating the hell out of him without him showing any reaction, dumping Johnny to get back with him, then saying she got back with him out of obligation. And then she makes out with Gorgon, finds BB and tells him she fell for Gorgon, Gorgon "dies", she gets an all-mighty power boost, saves Earth and then goes back to BB like nothing happened.

Meanwhile, BB never cheated on her and had a political marriage with the other queens while only loving her. He's tortured and beaten within an inch of his life, while only thinking of her, and goes back to her like nothing happened.

Count your blessings that Soule and Ewing are far from the X-Men for now, except for Wolverine and that boring Exiles.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I don't think they'll do Scott and Jean like this. The regime that broke them in the first place is no longer in power and I'm sure at this point Marvel knows there's a market for the couple again; I would even argue that Tyke and Jeen was an attempt to test the waters.
    I don't know. I feel that the only reason we got jeen and tyke kissing was because they were going back in time. at the start of blue bunn had planned for the teens to become some version of exiles and we would have ended with jimmy/jean and tyke/bloodstorm. whatever happened between jeen and tyke is meaningless in the long run. specially because many people don't even think of them as the same characters.

black bolt and medusa are safer because the inhumans don't have as many books or panel time to really develop serious relationships for black bolt or medusa. for example, Medusa hooked up with other guys but that lasted like a year. her most significant relationship is still black bolt by a mile. any other relationship they have will go nowhere because the inhumans can't dedicate much to that. they are already dying as a franchice.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-19-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Didn't destroy any characters? What about Gwen. Granted, mitigated by her being dead for over thirty years at the time. Still, does no favors to her, or in retrospect, Peter/Gwen.

Janssen is 10 years older? I didn't realize it was that much. I knew there was one, though. Also saw Singer, IIRC in the extras on one of the dvds, say he deliberately did it to service the triangle. However, I bought their museum scene in X2. Bottom line, I don't care how much chemistry the actors might have if you give them no scenes together. That is what the first movie did. On the other hand, they gave people 3 or 4 Jogan scenes.

Going in, if you were familiar with the X Men, I think you expect Wolverine to have the biggest part. Like it or not, he was the most popular X Man. I wasn't expecting Cyclops to get the same screentime. But I certainly wasn't expecting the ridiculously one sided treatment of the triangle.
    Said it I don't know how many times. TAS, for whatever faults it had, presented it as reasonably true to the comics. Jogan is acknowledged, Jott get the lion's share of the screentime. They are the couple. It's one sided the opposite way of the movies. LOL, that was the comics. That is how it was supposed to be,
    8. But the problem wasn't that she was older, the problem was that it was clear on screen that she was older. It's even worse for Tye and Sophie, even though they are the same age, Sophie looks 10 years Tye's senior.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    8. But the problem wasn't that she was older, the problem was that it was clear on screen that she was older. It's even worse for Tye and Sophie, even though they are the same age, Sophie looks 10 years Tye's senior.
    Sophie was a bad choice for Jean to be honest.

I'm not big on Sophie, But Tye Sheridan wasn't a good choice to be young Cyclops too.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm not big on Sophie, But Tye Sheridan wasn't a good choice to be young Cyclops too.
    you're right

Most Game of Thrones actors are bad choices for most parts. Only a handful of them are truly good to great actors. It's just the incredible writing and direction that doesn't let us notice that most of these guys are barely passable. And they definitely don't have star power either. I can't believe Hollywood hasn't learned this yet.

Most of the good Game of Thrones actors aren't on the show anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Tyke and Jean were a poor attempt to test the waters. While I would love to see Scott and Jean back together again, I want Tyke and Jeen to have as little to do with each other as possible. Scott and Jean was a relationship of equals where the whole was greater than the sum of it's parts, Tyke and Jeen most certainly is not. Bunn has spent most of his run robbing Tyke of any competence, where he now is basically there to have his life threatened so Jeen can angst. Jeen and Tyke is a relationship where Tyke is a negative on Jeen - the opposite of what the adult versions was.

The truth is that neither Famke, Tye and Sophie I like them as Jean and Scott, was not what I imagined when I thinking of Jean and Scott in real life, Marsden is the only one who is saved, if he were a little higher he woll be perfect to my image of Cyke. Tim Pocock was fine as Tyke.

By the way, age should not be a problem, look Olivia Newton and John Travolta in Grease.
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 10-19-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Incredible Member

Never said I didn't notice. I just didn't find it jarringly noticeable in a I can't buy these 2 together way. Mileage varies obviously. Again, I buy them as a couple in that museum scene. In my mind that is Jean and Scott. Certainly don't agree that it was deliberately cast that way. Well, while I thought Janssen looked great for her age, Marsden looks young. Still does. I saw a picture of him the other day. Hell, Jackman is 4 years younger than Janssen, you just didn't notice it as much.

Lookswise, I think Sheridan is too short. For me, I may not like, top priority is characterization. Get the character right, I can live with the appearance difference. Get the character wrong, I don't care how on model they are physically. One thing with Jean in APOCALYPSE that had me shaking my head. It's shown that the other students think she's weird/strange. Sort of afraid of her. To me, that's not Jean. Jean is the one they all love, or at least like. It was only a scene or two, not played up a lot. Still, I thought getting the character wrong.

Far as Jott is concerned, LAST STAND set the bar so low that whatever we get is almost certainly going to be an improvement. How much of an improvement is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Never said I didn't notice. I just didn't find it jarringly noticeable in a I can't buy these 2 together way. Mileage varies obviously. Again, I buy them as a couple in that museum scene. In my mind that is Jean and Scott. Certainly don't agree that it was deliberately cast that way. Well, while I thought Janssen looked great for her age, Marsden looks young. Still does. I saw a picture of him the other day. Hell, Jackman is 4 years younger than Janssen, you just didn't notice it as much.

Lookswise, I think Sheridan is too short. For me, I may not like, top priority is characterization. Get the character right, I can live with the appearance difference. Get the character wrong, I don't care how on model they are physically. One thing with Jean in APOCALYPSE that had me shaking my head. It's shown that the other students think she's weird/strange. Sort of afraid of her. To me, that's not Jean. Jean is the one they all love, or at least like. It was only a scene or two, not played up a lot. Still, I thought getting the character wrong.

Far as Jott is concerned, LAST STAND set the bar so low that whatever we get is almost certainly going to be an improvement. How much of an improvement is the question.
    I don't agree. Janssen always looked her age. Especially since The Last Stand.

I respectfully disagree. X-men Apocalypse convinced me that they were both great casting.

That moment when Jean came walking out of the rubble and flashed a full-blown Phoenix halo...that was an awesome moment and one that still puts a smile on my face every time I see it. Sophie Turner showed more of Jean Grey's fiery persona in that one scene than Famke Jansen showed in three entire movies.

With Tye, he actually showed some personality and agency beyond being an obstacle for Wolverine. We got to see him go from a cynical teenager to someone you can easily imagine being a leader one day. I think the casting was spot on for both and I think it bodes well for Dark Phoenix.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I think Tye and Sophie were okay for the most part, but neither are really what I would consider my ideal casting. Actually, for Jean I'm not sure I have one yet, but for Scott if Marvel Studios was able to nab Armie Hammer it'd be a dream come true.