Page 142 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2866
  1. #2116
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    315

    Default

    He flat out said JOTT was endgame? I'm kind of surprised he would admit that. I would think he'd leave some mystery. Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly. Isn't he a fan of Morrison's run? Anyone who liked that, I'm skeptical on their JOTT fandom.

  2. #2117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I fucking knew it. I have been saying from the start that the endgame was jimmy/jean and tyke/bloodstorm, the problem isn't them dating other people the problem is marvel teasing the relationship to make everybody feel cheated again, like we needed more jean fans hating scott and more scott fans hating jean.
    i hate marvel and i hate that they teased the relationship again just to keep messing with it.
    I think that's somewhat of an overreaction to a scene that has no context, no dialog, and no real setup. The relationship between Jeen and Tyke has been evolving a great deal since X-men Blue began. Tyke hasn't had any real moments with Bloodstorm since she arrived. Jeen hasn't had many with Jimmy either. Now, I think forcing that at this point would really derail their respective stories, but I don't get the sense that's the route their going. After the big Cyclops/Jean moments we got in Phoenix Resurrection and the X-men Red Annual, Marvel doesn't seem as inclined as before to denigrate that relationship. JDW's tweets seem to indicate that as well. After all, these are time-displaced characters so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

    In fact, if I could give any advice, I'd echo the wise words of Rick Sanchez and say, "the answer is don't think about it."
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  3. #2118
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    8,907

    Default

    He meant it as "the time-displaced O5 are totally literally the same as the original ones so of course he marries Jean later", which is ridiculous.

  4. #2119
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,013

    Default

    No matter what, I think writers have made it clear that these two will always be drawn to one another. Whether with someone else or not, Jean and Scott will always keep going back to each other. I don't think there is anything to worry about.

  5. #2120
    Incredible Member JeisonWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Personally I wouldn't worry, I am usually very optimistic most of the time. We still don't know what happens, imagine that in the end Jeen never confessed to Scott that she loved him (for doubts or whatever), Scott kept thinking that Jeen would never be his and at some point BloodStorm or Scott decided to dating. Tyke would be with Ororo and Jeen with Jimmy/Tank or another person, in the end both would continue to love each other but due to bad decisions they were separated and this caused the Extermination. It could be an event that would stand out because Jott is so good, maybe Tyke and BloodStorm are just friends and their relationship is just platonic, it's still too early to know. Jordan D White has stated several times that he is a fan of Jott and Scott pre-Morrison and ironically says that he likes Morrison's career, which doesn't make much sense, in the end I think he says he likes it just because "everything the world likes it. " (Morrison's career).

    We still don't know what will happen and we can only guess, but after seeing how Marvel is treating Jott well in recent times: PR, Red, even Blue, the truth is that I don't think there is much to worry about.

  6. #2121
    Incredible Member Cyke is Slim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Awesome




  7. #2122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Awesome



    Great find! Cyclops/Jean cos-players are some of my favorite. I've encountered plenty at cons in recent years. I hope the Dark Phoenix movie inspires more.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  8. #2123
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Jordan White also said to me when I told him that I wish Marvel treated Cyclops and Jean like DC treats Lois and Clark that "Lois and Clark are, in my opinion, the marriage I most wish had never happened. But that's me." Then when someone asks what's so bad about marriages, he goes on to say, "Because it changes Superman forever in a way that is nearly impossible to reverse. Same with Spider-Man, which I am really happy was undone."

    So yeah, I'm not holding my breath for Scott and Jean to ever have their happy ending (well, comics don't have endings, but you know what I mean). I much preferred Mark Paniccia as editor. And yes, Jordan White's favorite X-Men runs were Morrison's and Whedon's in which Scott/Emma were front and centre.

  9. #2124
    Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,879

    Default

    Interesting. Although the one difference between Scott and Jean and those other two is that Scott and Jean are what TV Tropes calls a 'battle couple' rather than a superhero and a civilian. They have more in common with Reed and Susan Richards than Lois and Clark.

  10. #2125
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Hello friends, I've just posted my latest chapter in my Scott/Jean fic 'We Almost Had It All'. Again, this fic centres around Scott's return from the dead, and the ramifications for him and Jean. Moving forward, I won't be posting here anymore whenever I have an update. Just check back every few days on the sites (or just get an update notification). I just wanted to get awareness out there for my first few chapters. Thanks! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1296342...ost-Had-It-All or https://archiveofourown.org/works/14...pters/34590362

  11. #2126
    Astonishing Member phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kookykrumbs View Post
    Jordan White also said to me when I told him that I wish Marvel treated Cyclops and Jean like DC treats Lois and Clark that "Lois and Clark are, in my opinion, the marriage I most wish had never happened. But that's me." Then when someone asks what's so bad about marriages, he goes on to say, "Because it changes Superman forever in a way that is nearly impossible to reverse. Same with Spider-Man, which I am really happy was undone."

    So yeah, I'm not holding my breath for Scott and Jean to ever have their happy ending (well, comics don't have endings, but you know what I mean). I much preferred Mark Paniccia as editor. And yes, Jordan White's favorite X-Men runs were Morrison's and Whedon's in which Scott/Emma were front and centre.
    Nobody is going to get a happy ending, not jott, scemma, jogan, nobody. these kind of relationships only work with minor characters and it worked with jean/scott because for decades it was part of the status quo, the moment morrison broke it not only screwed jott but any other serious relationship, from that moment nothing was sacred and every romance became expendable.

    though they aren't sue&reed or lois&clark i would be happy if they didn't treat jean/scott like crap.

  12. #2127
    Astonishing Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    4,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kookykrumbs View Post
    Jordan White also said to me when I told him that I wish Marvel treated Cyclops and Jean like DC treats Lois and Clark that "Lois and Clark are, in my opinion, the marriage I most wish had never happened. But that's me." Then when someone asks what's so bad about marriages, he goes on to say, "Because it changes Superman forever in a way that is nearly impossible to reverse. Same with Spider-Man, which I am really happy was undone."

    So yeah, I'm not holding my breath for Scott and Jean to ever have their happy ending (well, comics don't have endings, but you know what I mean). I much preferred Mark Paniccia as editor. And yes, Jordan White's favorite X-Men runs were Morrison's and Whedon's in which Scott/Emma were front and centre.
    Oh god that same song again, i'm not exactly an advocant for every superhero to get married, but that logic is still pretty bad, the only real restriction is that the characthers can't date other people, there's no reason of why married Scott, Clark or Peter couldn't do the same that a single one when it comes to superhero stories.

  13. #2128
    Mighty Member darewithpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    a new adventures of cyclops and phoenix would be cool as hell, when scott comebacks marvel should do that comic
    we can be heroes, just for one day

  14. #2129
    Incredible Member Cyke is Slim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kookykrumbs View Post
    Hello friends, I've just posted my latest chapter in my Scott/Jean fic 'We Almost Had It All'. Again, this fic centres around Scott's return from the dead, and the ramifications for him and Jean. Moving forward, I won't be posting here anymore whenever I have an update. Just check back every few days on the sites (or just get an update notification). I just wanted to get awareness out there for my first few chapters. Thanks! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1296342...ost-Had-It-All or https://archiveofourown.org/works/14...pters/34590362
    Love your fanfics! Thanks for posting.

  15. #2130
    Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Nobody is going to get a happy ending, not jott, scemma, jogan, nobody. these kind of relationships only work with minor characters and it worked with jean/scott because for decades it was part of the status quo, the moment morrison broke it not only screwed jott but any other serious relationship, from that moment nothing was sacred and every romance became expendable.

    though they aren't sue&reed or lois&clark i would be happy if they didn't treat jean/scott like crap.
    Even minor characters don't get a happy ending - they get brought back in order to be killed off on the wrong end of a curbstomp in order to make the new event villain seem more dangerous.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •