Page 169 of 247 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3695

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    It would be an interesting concept for an AU, evil Jean and Scott vs the world/universe.

By the way this is the world where Rachel comes from or just one more AU?.
    Of course it would be AU. When I thought about it a little more, maybe they shouldn't be evil but mostly perceived as evil by the civilizations they encounter. Maybe there's a story about how the creation of new races is being stunted by something even the Phoenix does not understand and they are on a mission to fix that. The first step could be that they are trying to ignite the x-gene within different races (Kree, Shi'ar, Skrull, etc...) and this puts them at odds with these races. Of course by making X-Aliens, they also get allies or generals.

Then at the end, they solve their case but never bother to gain the respect of the aliens they encountered, as is the wont of the Phoenix force.

Mighty Member

By the way this is the world where Rachel comes from or just one more AU?.
    Just one more AU. Specifically, it's from an early 90s two-parter in What If? vol. 2 #32 and #33. George Caragonne wrote it based on some plot ideas by Claremont.

In the timeline of these stories, Jean was replaced by the Phoenix just as she was in 616. Then, similar to Claremont's original ending of the Dark Phoenix Saga, Phoenix-as-Jean had her powers deactivated by the Shi'ar and married Scott. Together, they had Rachel. Eventually, Phoenix-as-Jean got her powers back, found the real Jean where she left her in the stasis pod at the bottom of Jamaica Bay, and, in a moment of weakness, wished the real Jean out of existence.

In Rachel's timeline, meanwhile, the Phoenix bonded with Jean instead of replacing her. Scott and Jean got married and had Rachel. Jean was subsequently killed when Mastermind detonated a nuclear bomb in Pittsburgh. Scott raised Rachel until he was killed at some point during the Sentinel takeover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

In Rachel's timeline, meanwhile, the Phoenix bonded with Jean instead of replacing her. Scott and Jean got married and had Rachel. Jean was subsequently killed when Mastermind detonated a nuclear bomb in Pittsburgh. Scott raised Rachel until he was killed at some point during the Sentinel takeover.
    This Scott is rachel's father & she changed her name because what 616 counterpart did?I never liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    This Scott is rachel's father & she changed her name because what 616 counterpart did?I never liked it.
    true is a bit silly. I understand that Rachel was angry with Scott, it's normal if his father is unfaithful to his mother or if he starts dating someone right after his mother is dead. but Scott was not really his father, even though he might see it as a punishment rather it could be an offense to his real father. Anyway, Rachel must have been Rachel Summers again after Scott's death.

Mighty Member

Rachel is a loser.

true is a bit silly. I understand that Rachel was angry with Scott, it's normal if his father is unfaithful to his mother or if he starts dating someone right after his mother is dead. but Scott was not really his father, even though he might see it as a punishment rather it could be an offense to his real father. Anyway, Rachel must have been Rachel Summers again after Scott's death.
    Wasn't Rachel taken to be a hound when she was still young? I think she transferred her feelings to this world's Scott and Jean, especially since she has no chance of ever seeing her versions ever again.

I know, never say never in comics, but if Rachel's actual parents ever came back, look for either the trap, or for her to be written out entirely. Or both.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Wasn't Rachel taken to be a hound when she was still young? I think she transferred her feelings to this world's Scott and Jean, especially since she has no chance of ever seeing her versions ever again.

I know, never say never in comics, but if Rachel's actual parents ever came back, look for either the trap, or for her to be written out entirely. Or both.
    Yes. I can Hope.

Scott n Jean need a 616 child ... and Jean should be the biological mom and I know many people say “but children age the parent and can cause some confusion.”
    But just look at Franklin .. he’s been a child since forever. So it’s ight .. just give us a Mini Summers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Yes. I can Hope.

Scott n Jean need a 616 child ... and Jean should be the biological mom and I know many people say “but children age the parent and can cause some confusion.”
    But just look at Franklin .. he’s been a child since forever. So it’s ight .. just give us a Mini Summers
    True but the F4 never face extinction.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Just one more AU. Specifically, it's from an early 90s two-parter in What If? vol. 2 #32 and #33. George Caragonne wrote it based on some plot ideas by Claremont.

In the timeline of these stories, Jean was replaced by the Phoenix just as she was in 616. Then, similar to Claremont's original ending of the Dark Phoenix Saga, Phoenix-as-Jean had her powers deactivated by the Shi'ar and married Scott. Together, they had Rachel. Eventually, Phoenix-as-Jean got her powers back, found the real Jean where she left her in the stasis pod at the bottom of Jamaica Bay, and, in a moment of weakness, wished the real Jean out of existence.

Damn, I don't remember this story at all. And I used to buy all the X Men related WHAT IF comics.

Incredible Member

I think she transferred her feelings to this world's Scott and Jean, especially since she has no chance of ever seeing her versions ever again.

That was always my take. They weren't her Scott and Jean, but they were a Scott and Jean. They were at least some version of her parents. I loved EXCALIBUR 71 and the Jean/Rachel stuff.

Redd and Slim żalternative? cameo in Madrox 4

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

hgckmh.jpg

I love Rosenberg, he clearly likes Jean, Scott and their relationship. After years of drama and other writers denigrating the relationship it's so beautiful to see a writer that respects the relationship for a change.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-19-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    This Scott is rachel's father & she changed her name because what 616 counterpart did?
    Sort of. Claremont changed her name to "Rachel Grey" because of what 616 Scott did. In-universe, Rachel did it to honor 616 Jean. There's a bit in one of Claremont's mid-2000s Uncanny issues where Scott tells Rachel that he's glad she adopted Jean's last name. Keep in mind, also, that Claremont's headcanon is that Rachel isn't the daughter of her timeline's Scott. Rather, she's the daughter of that timeline's Jean and the Phoenix Force.

It all stems from Claremont's antipathy toward Cyclops and all things Jott because of Scott walking out on Madelyne way back in X-Factor vol. 1 #1. Since 1986, Claremont has worked to retroactively deconstruct Jott and replace it with Jean/Logan.

Mighty Member

Wasn't Rachel taken to be a hound when she was still young?
    Yep. Specifically, she was taken by Ahab after the military killed Xavier, destroyed the mansion, and massacred most of the X-Men. If memory serves, it's implied that the DOFP version of Scott was killed in that event.

I think she transferred her feelings to this world's Scott and Jean, especially since she has no chance of ever seeing her versions ever again.
    Which is really too bad. It's been established that Heaven exists in the Marvel multiverse, and there's a story to be told there with Rachel's parents getting to see the woman their daughter became.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I find it interesting that X-writers--Rosenberg here and the recent story arc in Cable--have revisited the world of Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix recently. I'd like to think it's a sign of good things to come for Jott, but I'm not that optimistic.