Page 168 of 247 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3695
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Rogue/Gambit is the most delightful, but I agree with you!

Most couples are not alive or together now...
    Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Most couples are not alive or together now...
    Sad, but true.

Keep in mind, though, that Rogue and Gambit weren't together at all until last year when Kelly Thompson wrote "Rogue and Gambit." A LOT changed in a short period of time. Given the baggage those two had to deal with, I think there's hope for Cyclops and Jean.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Don't remind me. Every time I think of those two labelled as Mr & Mrs X, I just kind of lose my mind. No offense to Romy fans, but that title belongs elsewhere.
    Yep, historically there is one THE X couple and Romy are not it. Usual disclaimer, this doesn't negate the damage I feel has been done to JOTT. But, covering the 50+ year history of the franchise, there is no contest. If you are strictly talking now, that is a different argument. And I suppose a strong case could be made for ROMY.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    IIRC, I read, during the later 90s, in one of the Marvel preview magazines, that a third mini was in the works. Never happened. A shame since I sure enjoyed the first 2. For me, the guy in the first mini, THAT'S Cyclops. That is how I want to see Cyclops portrayed. During the 90s, and later, I suppose, Marvel started publishing all print books with their various characters. My favorite was a 3 part book series. I believe it was called the Mutant Empire trilogy. Christopher Golden was the writer. Scott has a big role in those books. Again, that is how Cyclops should be depicted, IMO. I respected the guy in those books, I admired him. I only bring it up because I think those might have been my favorite Cyclops stories of the decade. Great portrayal of Jean as well. And I'd guess most JOTT fans would love his depiction of the couple. Not sure if those stories are considered canon or not. Never saw them referenced in any comic. Unuscione is revealed as Unus' daughter in those books. I don'r recall it ever being outright stated in any comic I read. Makes sense with her name and power, though.
    I loved that trilogy! It’s a shame it’s not available digitally. I even asked the writer about it. He said unfortunately, it’s a copyright issue. We probably won’t get them digitally ever.

Would people here find it interesting if they came out with a mini with the concept of a Dark Phoenix Cyke and Jean wrecking devastation in the galaxy?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GarDian View Post
    Would people here find it interesting if they came out with a mini with the concept of a Dark Phoenix Cyke and Jean wrecking devastation in the galaxy?
    If it’s an AU, sure, but I’d be PISSED if they did that in 616.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Phoenix and Cyclops Kill the Marvel Universe

OR

Natural Born Killer Mutants

I would totally read a series like that. But it sounds like one of those stories that's just too awesome for Marvel to ever tell.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Amazing, who’s the artist?

I’m so down for such story. But Marvel don’t have the balls to do it.

It would be an interesting concept for an AU, evil Jean and Scott vs the world/universe.

By the way this is the world where Rachel comes from or just one more AU?.

All-New Member

This is from a what if issue. What if the Phoenix was ressurected?

Incredible Member

Less than zero interest for me. Just no interest in dark versions of these characters.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kookykrumbs View Post
    I loved that trilogy! It’s a shame it’s not available digitally. I even asked the writer about it. He said unfortunately, it’s a copyright issue. We probably won’t get them digitally ever.

I have zero idea how sales were for books like these, but they kept publishing them. I'd guess I might have read 2 dozen X Men related stories. This was a 3 parter with Spider-Man. A 3 parter with the Avengers. A part story about a cure for the Legacy virus. A 3 part series dealing with a cosmic cube. First Doom had it, then Magneto, then the Red Skull. Might have been the last one I read. Has a brief passage about Jean/Scott/Logan. I still remember the phrase the writer used. Logan never had a chance. Which was what I always thought the comics showed. Mind you, it only takes one writer to change that. Nobody was going to deconstruct JOTT. Scott would never have an affair on Jean. Until one writer decided to change that.