Page 146 of 247 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3695

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Love this! X-men Mutant Academy 2 Phoenix's ending. Scott got a new hobby.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=mvvL4_7L8jI
    Oh! that's so sweet!.

oh cool new fanfics jott to read

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-couples-ranked
    Jean & Scott are #1 of course

Reed and Sue 15????? For me, that shoots that poll's credibility to hell. In my mind, Reed and Sue are THE Marvel couple. JOTT used to be my favorite, for a long time, but I'd objectively still maintain my belief that Reed/Sue would be the definitive couple. No way they should be lower than 3. Someone wants to say Peter/MJ or JOTT, I might not agree, however I can see an argument.
    I suppose Wanda and Vision could be thrown in there. They were together a long time. Been vn longer since they've been together, though

Frankly, it's a joke. Jean and Logan were never a couple. Copycat and Deadpool? Did they get together again because of the movies. Last I read, she was dead. Not that Wade and she were ever a couple except in stories set in the last.

Reed and Sue 15. Wow. Maybe it was an April Fool's article posted several months late.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yeah, Reed/Sue are the marvel couple. weird choice to put jean/scott there. maybe they were counting all the problems the relationship has had.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Reed and Sue 15????? For me, that shoots that poll's credibility to hell. In my mind, Reed and Sue are THE Marvel couple. JOTT used to be my favorite, for a long time, but I'd objectively still maintain my belief that Reed/Sue would be the definitive couple. No way they should be lower than 3. Someone wants to say Peter/MJ or JOTT, I might not agree, however I can see an argument.
    I suppose Wanda and Vision could be thrown in there. They were together a long time. Been vn longer since they've been together, though

Frankly, it's a joke. Jean and Logan were never a couple. Copycat and Deadpool? Did they get together again because of the movies. Last I read, she was dead. Not that Wade and she were ever a couple except in stories set in the last.

Reed and Sue 15. Wow. Maybe it was an April Fool's article posted several months late.
    Its an opinion piece, not a poll. YMMV. If I were to write an article on the top 20 for me, Jean and Scott would be #1 as well and Reed and Sue wouldnt be near the top

Incredible Member

YMMV is an understatement. To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its an opinion piece, not a poll. YMMV. If I were to write an article on the top 20 for me, Jean and Scott would be #1 as well and Reed and Sue wouldnt be near the top
    If it was me who made the list, Jott would also be in the first place, despite everything they have done their story is so good that leaves the ribbon very high to the rest of couples, Reed and Sue would be the number 2, I don't know much about their story so I couldn't say if they are better than jott or not but I have always heard that they were the perfect couple and they only had a problem with Namor that I don't know how they will have solved it. the rest of couples would be almost exclusively couples of the X-men and Peter and MJ. I was always a fan of the X-men but not much of the other heroes and characters of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    If it was me who made the list, Jott would also be in the first place, despite everything they have done their story is so good that leaves the ribbon very high to the rest of couples, Reed and Sue would be the number 2, I don't know much about their story so I couldn't say if they are better than jott or not but I have always heard that they were the perfect couple and they only had a problem with Namor that I don't know how they will have solved it. the rest of couples would be almost exclusively couples of the X-men and Peter and MJ. I was always a fan of the X-men but not much of the other heroes and characters of Marvel.
    Not to take anything away from Reed and Sue but Ive always found them boring. I appreciate what they repesent but not being a FF fan, they simply were not on my radar. My #2 would probably be MJ and Peter and primarily X-couples, which is what Ive primarily read

Incredible Member

They are the first couple of Marvel. FF really started the Marvel universe in 1961. Well, Lee and Kirby's anyway. They were a couple then and have been on since. Reed was dead for about 2 years in the 90s. Were married in 1966. Namor was an early possible threat. After the marriage, not a real chance. Not even when Reed was dead. But for all the Jean is a cheating tramp advocates, Sue has kissed Namor 3 times that I recall. Latest in a mini that Grant Morrison penned.

But if happy, stable marriages bore you, they may not be your cup of tea. Me? My poster couple for the Marvel universe is not going to be a couple where one partakes in adultery. Whereas I'd probably would have put JOTT at 2 before, they are further down my list now. Still probably at worst top 10, though. Adultery might really taint it, but there is still too much history there to negate it that much.

If you haven't read much but X books, that will effect your choices. I've read a lot of the universe. Not all, but a bunch. Avengers had a couple big couples. Daredevil had 2 big romances.
    Last edited by lancer; 07-03-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Thats great and dandy but its still my opinion and as I stated, I am not a FF fan, so Ive missed out on the vast majority of their stories. What I have read, never really interested me. It has nothing to do with finding happy stable marriages boring, bc if your read the end of my post, Peter and MJ would be #2. I dont have a whole lot of experience with Spiderman books either but I always enjoyed them and they stood out to me in a way that Reed and Sue never did. Them showing up on my a list done by me would be more of a pity thing out of some fake obligation bc of their contributions to Marvel history, not bc I have any real love for them

Incredible Member

No kidding it's your opinion. Just as what I said was my opinion. Probably the majority of what is posted here is opinion. There is no objective top couple in Marvel comics. IMO, just so that's clear, if you are going to write an article on the top 20 MARVEL couples, that means all of them. Not just X couples or Spider-Man. Myself, if I wrote such an article, unless I stated it was my 20 favorite, I would try to measure it objectively. The couple's historical significance, tenure, etc. For example, I have no investment in Bruce and Betty Banner. Objectively, though, I definitely would put them on my list. Again, IMO, Sue and Reed at 15 is a joke. By any attempted objective measure. Favorites is different. That is just the ones you like best. I already said JOTT was my favorite, but if I was being objective, the top couple, considering all factors was Reed and Sue. Full disclosure. they were in my top 3 favorite couples.

The headline in that article sure didn't read to me like personal favorites. These are officially the top 20 historical couples in the MU. Reed and Sue being 15 on that list is a joke. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. You don't agree, fine with me. I'm only stating why I believe what I believe.

Anyways, back to Jean and Scott. I found this cute pic of the #1 couple

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anyways, back to Jean and Scott. I found this cute pic of the #1 couple

Scott is so far from Bond personality, it's amusing tonsee him as Bond.

From Jean's diary.