Page 103 of 247 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3695
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Say what you will about Simonson, she was one writer that was Jean and Scott's biggest supporter
    Well let's not forget that Claremont guy. I thing he has something to do with them being together as well. Regardless of how he feels now, he can never undo this...

I cant forget how he feels now as he's wanted to deconstruct them for decades now and force Logan into the mix. He wrote an amazing moment in DPS but he did keep them apart for most of that run prior to her death. I wouldnt put him up there as one of their biggest supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    I believe this was the last time Jean wore her now iconic 90s costume in an X-Men book. I know she wore this in a later X-Man arc, but it never appeared in the core titles again as he adopted the Phoenix costume

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I cant forget how he feels now as he's wanted to deconstruct them for decades now and force Logan into the mix. He wrote an amazing moment in DPS but he did keep them apart for most of that run prior to her death. I wouldnt put him up there as one of their biggest supporter
    The DPS is the greatest love story ever told by Marvel, maybe in comics period, and it's Scott and Jean's. It's not just UXM 136 & 137 either. The whole run is riddled with amazing Jott goodness from the Starcore Shuttle to the moon. As much as Claremont may regret that fact, it will never change. I agree he's not their greatest supporter now but there's no doubt in my mind that he was when it was written.

Claremont wasn't just a Jott supporter either but one of Scott's greatest boosters. His Scott was noble, heroic, brave, self-sacrificing and wise beyond his years while still retaining the flaws that make Scott who he is. His love for Scott has been twisted into hate by his feelings of betrayal for what was done to him . His response on Facebook today to Kitty and Piotr's upcoming nuptials show's exactly how he feels about "his" characters and stories being tampered with.

Incredible Member

The DPS is a JOTT love story, the entire Phoenix saga is not. They are apart for most of it. Showing that Scott loves Jean in UXM 101 doesn't make it a love story over 25 plus issues. Not, IMO. GReat as the DPS story was, I'm not going to ignore what happened post 1986. Logan/Jean was his thing.
    He was the one playing with it. Her regular, as in monthly, handlers pretty much were not. Sorry, that's a big negative in my book. I mean if we are discussing the couple's biggest supporters.

I was surprised to find out that Simonson had nothing to do, nor awareness of, the aborted X FACTOR wedding. It was scheduled pretty much right after she left the book. It had to have been pretty far along. The cover was made. I saw it in one of the 90s Marvel solicit magazines. Yet she said nothing about it.

How about Lobdell, Nicieza and Harras. They are the ones who got them married.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    How about Lobdell, Nicieza and Harras. They are the ones who got them married.
    I think it was an editorial mandate. Nicieza even had them play U2’s One at the wedding. (When people have told Bono that they have played One at their wedding, his response has been: "Are you mad? It's about splitting up!") I think Nicieza felt that the proposal and wedding came too soon. Jean and Scott had just taken a break. Including One was his way to comment on this, and the editors didn’t catch it.

I would love it if when Scott comes back and he and Jean are together again it's something like this

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I would love it if when Scott comes back and he and Jean are together again it's something like this

Just look at this and compare it to Morrisons run... It's like day and night.

Here Scott tries to apologize for something, Jean forgives him easily and gives him the choice of not talking about it. But Scott recognizes that they need to discuss as a couple without using telepathy and Jean agrees and they talk it out and resolve it, and it ends with some sweet sex.

In Morrisons run, we have like 3 different times when Jean attempts to talk with Scott and he gives her the cold shoulder in one, in the other two he asks her to just read his mind/download the info from her mind, until Jean complains that he hasn't touched her in months, refuses to just read his mind without actually communicating, and tells him the marriage was getting cold.

There was another comic, after onslaught I think, that had Scott and Jean in a cinema talking and discussing like adults, or the seagle and Kellys run that had them talk about their problems (jeans Phoenix power) and come to a temporary acceptance (Scott was still scared, but he accepted. He then made a sensible choice of going to talk to them and closest friends and family, not a former X-villain claiming to be a sex therapist). Even after their explosive fights in X-factor (christ, these 2 can be violent and dramatic), they would spend a few pages talking and communicating and coming to a solution.

Morrisons run had Scott refuse to communicate with Jean (completely out of character), had Jean give up on reaching him and start focusing on other things while telling to man up and going to Logan (out of character, since this is the same Jean who refused to believe Scott was dead, and went searching for him around the world, then ripped out apocalypse essence from him). Morrisons Xmen is Jason Aaron's tho run to me. There are stuff I love with what he's done with my favourite characters, but there are also stuff that I hate with what he's done.

Looking forward to when Scott gets back, and their able to move past all the emotional mess and baggage to become a functional couple again. Perhaps a Cyclops and Phoenix mini, with them sorting themselves out, while fighting some silver age forgotten Villain, with a back up story of them raising Cable in the future.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I think it was an editorial mandate. Nicieza even had them play U2’s One at the wedding. (When people have told Bono that they have played One at their wedding, his response has been: "Are you mad? It's about splitting up!") I think Nicieza felt that the proposal and wedding came too soon. Jean and Scott had just taken a break. Including One was his way to comment on this, and the editors didn’t catch it.
    Nope. Nicieza told me, himself via email, that he was all for the wedding. Lobdell said the same thing. That it was a joint decision between the 3 of them. Well, they all agreed on it. Think of it what you will, but that U2 song was a popular wedding song in the 90s. I remember doing a search on it after seeing someone make the same claim that you did.

Amazing Member

Yes, I agree completely! The Scott and Jean in Morrison's run just weren't in character. It's like I was reading about other people entirely. Jean literally went to the ends of the earth to find Scott. And then all of a sudden she's going to give up on him when he doesn't open up a few times? And Scott was the man who faced down a whole universe for Jean, and he succumbs so easily to Emma Frost?! Nonsensical. I really do hope that Scott and Jean end up back together again. And I love the idea of a mini, maybe a 4 or 5 issue arc that will help them resolve the mess that Morrison left them with.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Not suggesting, but rather predicting. And, I hope I'm wrong about Jott.

That said, if I was in Cebulski and Paniccia's place, I'd throw out everything concerning Jott from Morrison onward. No affair, no Scemma, no Jean dying again, no RightClops.

EXT. THE XAVIER ESTATE BOATHOUSE

The house appears in profile, the sun rising over the water behind it in a golden, oil lamp sky.

Inside, Scott and Jean sleep silently next to each other. Scott's face is placidly blank, but Jean has a furrowed brow. Suddenly, her eyes open, and she sits up in bed, her eyes wide in bewilderment.

JEAN: Scott, wake up.

SCOTT: >short grunt<

JEAN: I just had the weirdest nightmare.

JEAN: I died again, and you started sleeping with Emma Frost and running around with a giant X on your face.

Sensing something else, Jean quizzically raises one eyebrow and puts her hand on her abdomen.

JEAN: Oh, and I'm pregnant.

Scott sharply sits up in bed.

SCOTT: What?!
    This would be like a dream come true for me... just erase the nightmare that was Morrison's run LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kookykrumbs View Post
    This would be like a dream come true for me... just erase the nightmare that was Morrison's run LOL
    Patrick Duffy the hell out of it. Dallas has shown us the way.

This is my idea for bringing Scott back he goes to Jean and explains his resurrection by telling her about Battle World and how he was bonded with the Phoenix there. He tells her when reality was restored it wasn't him but a near identical version of him from the Kingdom of Manhattan on Battleworld who came back and died. The Phoenix did bring him back but then left him probably searching for her. Once he got back he realized the world thought him dead and he also thanks to the Phoenix remembered the truth and that until the Phoenix freed him he had a piece of Apocalypse hidden in him it's been there since they merged he was never fully freed. A piece of Apocalypse was always there in the back of head nudging him where he wanted him Apocalypse wanted to divide the X-MEN. But that wasn't all, he's been behind it all all the strife in the hero community over the last few years when they forced Apocalypse out of Scott most of his persona left leaving only that small part to guide Cyclops. The rest went into clone bodies of his former form yes bodies he divided his mind putting the main psyche into a new body he created from Jean and Scott's DNA he stole while Cyclops. In the hybrid body he's been using it's telepathy to do to others what he was doing to Scott nudging them to his goals he was behind Scarlet Witch attack on the Avengers and the decimation of the Mutant Race. He was also behind the rift between the Avengers and X-Men and even behind Blackbolt releasing the Terrigen knowing it's effects on Mutants. He wants everyone fighting each other he's been behind the "Civil Wars" in the Hero community doing it all to create his world of survival of the fittest and now with Jean back it's up to Cyclops, Jean, and the X-Men to stop him.

Yeah very over reaching but I'd really love to explain why the heroes have been jerks to each other in the 21st century and perhaps make Apocalypse a real threat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This is my idea for bringing Scott back he goes to Jean and explains his resurrection by telling her about Battle World and how he was bonded with the Phoenix there. He tells her when reality was restored it wasn't him but a near identical version of him from the Kingdom of Manhattan on Battleworld who came back and died. The Phoenix did bring him back but then left him probably searching for her. Once he got back he realized the world thought him dead and he also thanks to the Phoenix remembered the truth and that until the Phoenix freed him he had a piece of Apocalypse hidden in him it's been there since they merged he was never fully freed. A piece of Apocalypse was always there in the back of head nudging him where he wanted him Apocalypse wanted to divide the X-MEN. But that wasn't all, he's been behind it all all the strife in the hero community over the last few years when they forced Apocalypse out of Scott most of his persona left leaving only that small part to guide Cyclops. The rest went into clone bodies of his former form yes bodies he divided his mind putting the main psyche into a new body he created from Jean and Scott's DNA he stole while Cyclops. In the hybrid body he's been using it's telepathy to do to others what he was doing to Scott nudging them to his goals he was behind Scarlet Witch attack on the Avengers and the decimation of the Mutant Race. He was also behind the rift between the Avengers and X-Men and even behind Blackbolt releasing the Terrigen knowing it's effects on Mutants. He wants everyone fighting each other he's been behind the "Civil Wars" in the Hero community doing it all to create his world of survival of the fittest and now with Jean back it's up to Cyclops, Jean, and the X-Men to stop him.

Yeah very over reaching but I'd really love to explain why the heroes have been jerks to each other in the 21st century and perhaps make Apocalypse a real threat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

I could totally get behind this idea. It nicely utilizes the events of Secret Wars and even provides a little extra insight into Cyclops' actions over the past decade or so. It effectively preserves Cyclops' core character and provides a way to undo some of the more controversial decisions he's made since Jean's last death. It also expands the Phoenix mythos, something Marvel loves doing.

As much as I love this idea, though, I have a feeling Marvel will never go through with something like this. It's too clean. It basically puts Cyclops back into his boy scout persona and Marvel has spent too much time trying to distance him from that persona. I don't agree with that effort, but I can see why they do it.

I do believe Cyclops will come back at some point. It may even happen sooner rather than later since Marvel seems to be taking a very back-to-basics approach with their upcoming relaunch. But I have a feeling Marvel wants to preserve some of the flaws and mistakes that Cyclops made. I don't think those mistakes will, in any way, prevent him and Jean Grey from being together. We saw in Phoenix Resurrection just how much they still loved each other. But only time will tell.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.