Page 105 of 247 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3695
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This is my idea for bringing Scott back he goes to Jean and explains his resurrection by telling her about Battle World and how he was bonded with the Phoenix there. He tells her when reality was restored it wasn't him but a near identical version of him from the Kingdom of Manhattan on Battleworld who came back and died. The Phoenix did bring him back but then left him probably searching for her. Once he got back he realized the world thought him dead and he also thanks to the Phoenix remembered the truth and that until the Phoenix freed him he had a piece of Apocalypse hidden in him it's been there since they merged he was never fully freed. A piece of Apocalypse was always there in the back of head nudging him where he wanted him Apocalypse wanted to divide the X-MEN. But that wasn't all, he's been behind it all all the strife in the hero community over the last few years when they forced Apocalypse out of Scott most of his persona left leaving only that small part to guide Cyclops. The rest went into clone bodies of his former form yes bodies he divided his mind putting the main psyche into a new body he created from Jean and Scott's DNA he stole while Cyclops. In the hybrid body he's been using it's telepathy to do to others what he was doing to Scott nudging them to his goals he was behind Scarlet Witch attack on the Avengers and the decimation of the Mutant Race. He was also behind the rift between the Avengers and X-Men and even behind Blackbolt releasing the Terrigen knowing it's effects on Mutants. He wants everyone fighting each other he's been behind the "Civil Wars" in the Hero community doing it all to create his world of survival of the fittest and now with Jean back it's up to Cyclops, Jean, and the X-Men to stop him.

Yeah very over reaching but I'd really love to explain why the heroes have been jerks to each other in the 21st century and perhaps make Apocalypse a real threat again.
    Wowwww!! This is really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This is my idea for bringing Scott back he goes to Jean and explains his resurrection by telling her about Battle World and how he was bonded with the Phoenix there. He tells her when reality was restored it wasn't him but a near identical version of him from the Kingdom of Manhattan on Battleworld who came back and died. The Phoenix did bring him back but then left him probably searching for her. Once he got back he realized the world thought him dead and he also thanks to the Phoenix remembered the truth and that until the Phoenix freed him he had a piece of Apocalypse hidden in him it's been there since they merged he was never fully freed. A piece of Apocalypse was always there in the back of head nudging him where he wanted him Apocalypse wanted to divide the X-MEN. But that wasn't all, he's been behind it all all the strife in the hero community over the last few years when they forced Apocalypse out of Scott most of his persona left leaving only that small part to guide Cyclops. The rest went into clone bodies of his former form yes bodies he divided his mind putting the main psyche into a new body he created from Jean and Scott's DNA he stole while Cyclops. In the hybrid body he's been using it's telepathy to do to others what he was doing to Scott nudging them to his goals he was behind Scarlet Witch attack on the Avengers and the decimation of the Mutant Race. He was also behind the rift between the Avengers and X-Men and even behind Blackbolt releasing the Terrigen knowing it's effects on Mutants. He wants everyone fighting each other he's been behind the "Civil Wars" in the Hero community doing it all to create his world of survival of the fittest and now with Jean back it's up to Cyclops, Jean, and the X-Men to stop him.

Yeah very over reaching but I'd really love to explain why the heroes have been jerks to each other in the 21st century and perhaps make Apocalypse a real threat again.
    IMO thats too convoluted and unnecesary. What would be the point? Toe absolve Scott of everything from the past 16 years? Thats on the level of the DPS retcon and I wouldnt be for that. Scott got some great characterization and stories and it would feel cheap to blame everything on Apocalypse and cloned bodies. They already have an out for alot of stuff since the SF with the forgotten Void plotline but even that isnt needed. I think its a far better story to leave everything in tact and tell the story of a fallen hero as he rises back to prominence and gets true redemption

LOL. Just bring him back normally and build up his reconciliation with Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LOL. Just bring him back normally and build up his reconciliation with Jean.
    Yes, I think we tend to over think this stuff. Jokerz79 did come up with an innovative solution but I find simple usually works best. Marvel didn't have to kill Scott in the first place. If they really felt they painted themselves into a corner with him, which they kind of did, they could simply use the passage of time to moderate him.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    It's complicated, I'd like Scott to really fight for Jean but when I imagine Scott struggling to get Jean back and that Jean is not going fast with Scott, I can only see how Ulfhammer said there will be another guy in the mix, and I'm also fed up with these silly triangles.
    Jean loves Scott a lot and after spending so much time without him (while he's dead) I'm sure she did not want to part with him. I can't imagine Scott asking to return to Jean and Jean refusing to return with him, only another man or woman can make them not join immediately.
    that's why I think the best thing is that when Scott returns they solve their problems, talk about what they have done wrong and so they can go back together again.
    Yes. Thank you for explaining it. That's exactly where I was going with "triangle" line of reasoning.

A part of me does love the idea that as soon as they're both back, they'd instantly get back to each other, like it was a no-brainer. But I think I prefer the drama. I love some soap-opera drama even if it makes me mad. Imagine Jean coming back on the epitome of Scemma. Or exactly during their downfall, like AvX. Logan and Ororo together, the school named after her. That would've been something.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Cyclops needs to chase her and she needs to show resilience. Thats the only way they can and should be approached in the future. Scott needs to fight for Jean in a way he never really had to before and it shouldnt be a forgone conclusion that she will take him back
    That scenario is already OBE. Scott and Jean reconciled in Phoenix Resurrection #5. She's already forgiven him. I think their conversation needed to be longer and more substantial, but that's where things stand. Jean making him work for it now would be uncharacteristic backtracking.

What's going to happen is Marvel will only bring back Scott once they've paired Jean up with someone else. This will enable them to invert the historic Jott-centered triangle by having Scott be the outsider to the relationship (a la Warren and Logan) who longs for Jean.

I suspect, though, that the story a lot of you really want to see is Scott leaving Emma for Jean but having to earn her back. But, that's OBE, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    It's complicated, I'd like Scott to really fight for Jean but when I imagine Scott struggling to get Jean back and that Jean is not going fast with Scott, I can only see how Ulfhammer said there will be another guy in the mix, and I'm also fed up with these silly triangles.
    Jean loves Scott a lot and after spending so much time without him (while he's dead) I'm sure she did not want to part with him. I can't imagine Scott asking to return to Jean and Jean refusing to return with him, only another man or woman can make them not join immediately.
    that's why I think the best thing is that when Scott returns they solve their problems, talk about what they have done wrong and so they can go back together again.
    To fix a broken relationship it takes two people willing to forgive and ask forgiveness and show with actions that he means what he says.
    This can fail if you add a 3rd party member and note that if one of them has someone els going after them and they beging a relatioship this leaves the other free to move on. Sometimes when this happens and the other person wants to backdown and pick up where they left off with their wife or husband sadly their other half has moved on and not with a rebounce...... Sorry not sure how I can explain this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    That scenario is already OBE. Scott and Jean reconciled in Phoenix Resurrection #5. She's already forgiven him. I think their conversation needed to be longer and more substantial, but that's where things stand. Jean making him work for it now would be uncharacteristic backtracking.

What's going to happen is Marvel will only bring back Scott once they've paired Jean up with someone else. This will enable them to invert the historic Jott-centered triangle by having Scott be the outsider to the relationship (a la Warren and Logan) who longs for Jean.

I suspect, though, that the story a lot of you really want to see is Scott leaving Emma for Jean but having to earn her back. But, that's OBE, too.
    This would never work, if Jean is with someone Scott would never chase her. He said it him self and in x-factor i forgot the issue but he though she wanted to be with Warren he was happy to step away and let her be happy even if it pain him.

Cyclops is dead. PR was fanfiction. It was a nicec and gave us a good moment but he didnt live to actually deal with the reprecussions of what he did. Jean making him work for her wouldnt be backtracking. It would feel cheap and do them adisservice if he came back and she just ook him back. Just bc she may have forgiven him, doesnt mean she forgets what he did and it doesnt mean she would ever want to be with him again. What PR did was leave them in a good position to be friends, not be husband and wife again. Jean needs to be conflicted and she needs to doubt whether she can fully trust him. Scott needs to work on repairing his image and reconciling with more than just Jean. He needs to be consistent and prove that he's changed bc if they were to reunite, they cant be the same. The dynamics of the characters and their relationship has fundamentally changed and they have to start over , not merely pick off where they left off. I want to see her cautiously date him and he needs to be cool with allowing her to be in the spotlight, explore her powers and potential as a public figure and leader for mutantkind. This is Jean's time and he can come along for the ride but it cant be about him and he needs to be okay with that. Marvel really needs to approach them differently if they have any chance at working.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    This would never work, if Jean is with someone Scott would never chase her. He said it him self and in x-factor i forgot the issue but he though she wanted to be with Warren he was happy to step away and let her be happy even if it pain him.
    That was 30 years ago and Scott himself has changed quite a bit. He was saying and doing things this past decade that X-Factor never would have
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-26-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    If they really felt they painted themselves into a corner with him, which they kind of did, they could simply use the passage of time to moderate him.
    Which would make him an atoning ex-villain/anti-hero but still not the character he used to be.

PR #5 has drawn a line under his affair with Emma--Jean still loves him, and she's forgiven him--so that's basically over. I think Jean needed to rake him over the coals some more, and his mea culpa should've been much more elaborate, but what's done is done. But, that still leaves his killing of Xavier and all his other RightClops shenanigans.

There's simply no way to get back to pre-Morrison "Boyscott" without some kind of retcon to absolve him of his behavior as RightClops.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Not buying this for a second. Credibility will be strained enough if Jean strings him along, but for Scott not to take a run at her even if she is "with" someone else seems farfetched. Jean and Scott are always each other's first, most desired option, unless they're not around. The moment they're back though, everything else gets forgotten.

Let's not forget that Jean overcame Scott marrying another woman, and she overcame it pretty damn fast. Too fast for my liking actually. And of course we know how Scott reacted. And that was before they were married and raised Nathan together.

Their problems has always been communication driven. Love was never the problem and I think it unlikely to become so in the future. I'm trying to picture what "moving on" would look like and it occurs to me that despite them both dying, neither ever truly let the other go.
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 02-26-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Which would make him an atoning ex-villain/anti-hero but still not the character he used to be.

PR #5 has drawn a line under his affair with Emma--Jean still loves him, and she's forgiven him--so that's basically over. I think Jean needed to rake him over the coals some more, and his mea culpa should've been much more elaborate, but what's done is done. But, that still leaves his killing of Xavier and all his other RightClops shenanigans.

There's simply no way to get back to pre-Morrison "Boyscott" without some kind of retcon to absolve him of his behavior as RightClops.
    I'm not convinced absolution is required at this point for them to reconcile. I reject the view that says Jean wouldn't love the man he became. I don't think love works like that. It would probably be better if it did but the kind of love they had is not erased by errors in judgement and I think we all agree Jean really isn't in a place to judge Scott anyways.

Cyclops is dead. PR was fanfiction. It was a nicec and gave us a good moment but he didnt live to actually deal with the reprecussions of what he did. Jean making him work for her wouldnt be backtracking. It would feel cheap and do them adisservice if he came back and she just ook him back. Just bc she may have forgiven him, doesnt mean she forgets what he did and it doesnt mean she would ever want to be with him again. What PR did was leave them in a good position to be friends, not be husband and wife again.
    I'm not sure what kind of friends you have but I don't kiss my "friends" like that. I can agree with some of what you're saying here, but whatever they are to each other, I wouldn't define it fundamentally as "friends" at this point.

Mighty Member

PR was fanfiction.
    Last I checked, it was an official Marvel publication set in the Marvel Universe, so no. Like it or not, unless Marvel retcons it, it's canon.

It was a nicec and gave us a good moment but he didnt live to actually deal with the reprecussions of what he did. Jean making him work for her wouldnt be backtracking. It would feel cheap and do them adisservice if he came back and she just ook him back. Just bc she may have forgiven him, doesnt mean she forgets what he did and it doesnt mean she would ever want to be with him again. What PR did was leave them in a good position to be friends, not be husband and wife again.
    Did you miss the scene where they embrace, kiss, and profess their eternal love for each other?

Scott needs to work on repairing his image and reconciling with more than just Jean. He needs to be consistent and prove that he's changed bc if they were to reunite, they cant be the same. The dynamics of the characters and their relationship has fundamentally changed and they have to start over , not merely pick off where they left off.
    I don't disagree with you in principle, but, as I said, PR already bypassed all that and went straight to the reconciliation. Marvel clearly isn't interested in revisiting their marital problems in any depth. They just want to move past it.

I want to see her cautiously date him and he needs to be cool with allowing her to be in the spotlight, explore her powers and potential as a public figure and leader for mutantkind. This is Jean's time and he can come along for the ride but it cant be about him and he needs to be okay with that.
    Jean being a leader and Jean being with Scott aren't mutually exclusive. If anything, even in RightClops mode, he'd be supportive of her.

Marvel really needs to approach them differently if they have any chance at working.
    Their relationship will work if Marvel editorial decides that it works. We don't get a vote.
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 02-26-2018 at 03:40 PM.