Page 15 of 247 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

I think writers should explore, with the teen versions, the connection they forged as children, when you can see the phoenix flames making a link between them, I think that would be an excellent new take since we are having another phoenix story. Jean trying to figure how is she connected to the phoenix and why it always come back to Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    I think writers should explore, with the teen versions, the connection they forged as children, when you can see the phoenix flames making a link between them, I think that would be an excellent new take since we are having another phoenix story. Jean trying to figure how is she connected to the phoenix and why it always come back to Scott.
    I agree. That's a connection worth exploring because it's been so convoluted or overlooked the past few decades. I think one of the issues the Cyclops/Jean relationship had, at least in terms of those who didn't care for it, was that it was somewhat underdeveloped. Their relationship was very much a love-at-first-sight type romance. And those can be sweet and all, but they're not very interesting. I, personally, didn't care much for the relationship initially for that reason. Love at first sight romances are rarely that interesting. It wasn't until later on that their relationship gained far greater depth, but most of that depth came when they were adults, not teenagers.

I know teen romance isn't usually known for its depth. Given the erratic melodrama that comes with teenagers, that's to be expected. We've certainly seen some of that since the O5 returned. Their emotions have been all over the place, but I think they've settled to the point where they can begin exploring the Cyclops/Jean romance. I think if that's to be a success, it's important to show why these two work so well together. We saw that in X-men 92 #5. That issue showed a mature romance between two people who were very much equals, supporting each other and complementing one another in all the right ways. O5 Cyclops and Jean are a long way from that kind of maturity, but I think the story about how they got to that point is definitely worth telling.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I lost it at the final bit. I need more of these two in the next film.

I'm glad that they didn't include this in the movie. It just isn't that good. But the filmmakers reasoning was bullshit. They didn't include because of pacing issues... yeah sure.

Any adaptation that presents Scott as an asshole for no reason is wrong.

Fantastic Member

I didn't think he was an asshole, he was just joking around with her.

Tye's potroyal of Scott was one of the bright spots in the movie.

Honestly movie would have been tons better if it was more like the mall scene, by that I just mean more grounded, it's sad it's been how many movies and I feel like the whole family feel the X-Men always had wasn't in the movies at all.

They needed to keep that scene in the movie! They are always cutting out parts that enhance the film and the characters.

Loved this scene. So disappointed it wasn't used in the final cut. It would've helped balance out all the grim, apocalyptic side-plots that limited the movie's tone. It also showed how even aspiring X-men could still act like ordinary teenagers and I think that's an important aspect of any X-men story.

Also really liked how Tye handled Cyclops' role. He and Sophie Turner seemed to have good chemistry, much more so than Marsden and Jannsen. Then again, it's not like those two ever got a chance to develop any. The first three movies treated Cyclops as an obstacle for Wolverine and nothing else. I think Tye showed development in half of X-men Apocalypse than Marsden ever got in three movies. I hope that continues in X-men: Dark Phoenix. After X-men Apocalypse, you could really get a sense as to why Cyclops and Jean Grey came together. Say what you will about the rest of the movie, but Tye and Turner were bright spots. X-men: Dark Phoenix could really help them shine even more.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

After re-reading early issue of UXM I remembered how awkward these two used to be... I love that line from Jean "...and find out if it's Jean Grey you want, or only pity!". Cracks me up, that and Scott's shades.

x-men32.jpg

In the spirit of the thread, I thought I'd share this. It's the issue in my X-men Supreme fan fiction series where Cyclops and Jean Grey became an official couple.

It was actually a pretty arduous process. When I started the series, I established a very specific tone for their relationship. Theirs was not built on love at first sight. In fact, I made clear that they really didn't have any romantic feelings for one another until after they'd been friends for a few years. Their love developed over time and over the course of various events, some of which happen over the course of the series. In the end, it took 34 issues for them to finally come together. Along the way, they had other relationships and other drama, but in the end they still came together. And I thought it paid off. There's even some NSFW art mixed in with the story.

In case you need more incentive, here's a quick hint of how it unfolded:
    “Scott…stay with me tonight,” gasped Jean breathlessly as she clung desperately to him.

“Are you sure, Jean?” said Scott, who was equally dazed.

“Never been more sure of anything in my life,” she said with a loving smile.

Default Bunn talks romance in X-men Blue

I don't know if you guys read this interview with Bunn, but he says something that is true and that is awesome.
    DF: Is there anything left of the Scott/Jean relationship at this point? If so, how does that figure into the book’s equation?
    Cullen Bunn: There’s always going to be something going on between Jean and Scott. Always. And I’m not leaving romance out of this title.
    Here is the link to the interview: https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfi...=IN04051710033

I love your Jean and Scott stories. This drawing in my profile was based on your "Timely Reunion".

Quote Originally Posted by alitab View Post
    I love your Jean and Scott stories. This drawing in my profile was based on your "Timely Reunion".
    Thanks! I appreciate your kind words. Love the drawing by the way! Is there any way you can email me a larger version? I'd love to put that on my site.

I don't know if you guys read this interview with Bunn, but he says something that is true and that is awesome.

Here is the link to the interview: https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfi...=IN04051710033
    Thanks for passing this on.

To be fair to Bunn I'm not sure there's another answer he can give here. Since so much of the focus of the book is on Jean and Scott, not weaving their romantic inclinations into the book would be passing on a large reader engagement hook. It all goes back to the will they or won't they question. It's amazing how much mileage x-writers have gotten out of this one plot angle over the last 50+ years.

Did you draw that? WOW.