Page 166 of 247 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3695

X-Cutioner's Song is kind of peak 90's comic nonsense but damn if this isn't an effective page.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I agree. And personally, I would love to see another "Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" series that have them going to the future to raise another child. I think it would really help reaffirm them as a family and not just a couple. We've already seen the F4 do something similar. We know Reed and Sue are coming back with older children. I don't see why Cyclops and Jean can't do the same.
    That's where I was trying to get at. A nice 3rd installment to roundout the adventures of cyclops and phoenix where they travel to a not so distant past to raise 616 Rachel (plus other shenanigans maybe a new villain).

It doesn't even have to be present cyke and jean. Well obviously because Cyke is dead but they Mother Askani can pull a "future" Cyke and Jean to the past to fix their relationship and give birth Rachel then raise her. Then Askani would later reveal that she is Askani 2.0, who is Rachel 616.

This way, Marvel can have their cake and eat it too. Cyke and Jean are not together (yet) but will be at some unspecified future date.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    So we charging people for thought crimes now? So if I think of stealing something a psychic would treat me like a criminal even though I've done nothing wrong. Or is this like thinking a racial slur? Just the thought of it is like I actually said it out loud.

I still can't believe that Scott going with Emma didn't raise any flags with people and shows just how little people really care for his well being. We have a psychic with a shady past manipulating a dude into a relationship when he went to her to help save his marriage. If that Not some #Metoo shit I don't know what is. But Metoo doesn't apply to guys. How is what happened to Scott any different then what Mastermind did to Jean?
    As always, I am amazed at how different people can read the same comics and have completely different interpretations. What Mastermind did to Jean/Phoenix? You honestly see that as comparable? Mastermind subverted her surreptitiously, completely unbeknownst to Jean. Scott did what he did in concert with Emma. He knew what they were doing and went along with it. Absolutely, with some misgivings and reluctance, but he went along.

Same old same old on thoughts vs reality with psychics. My old stand by has been and remains Charles Xavier's 1991 crippling from a fight on the astral plane. Scott had a psychic affair with a world class telepath. IMO, that is not even remotely the same thing as you or I thinking about stealing something as opposed to actually doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    As always, I am amazed at how different people can read the same comics and have completely different interpretations. What Mastermind did to Jean/Phoenix? You honestly see that as comparable? Mastermind subverted her surreptitiously, completely unbeknownst to Jean. Scott did what he did in concert with Emma. He knew what they were doing and went along with it. Absolutely, with some misgivings and reluctance, but he went along.

Same old same old on thoughts vs reality with psychics. My old stand by has been and remains Charles Xavier's 1991 crippling from a fight on the astral plane. Scott had a psychic affair with a world class telepath. IMO, that is not even remotely the same thing as you or I thinking about stealing something as opposed to actually doing it.
    So the fact the she's a telepath with questionable moral completely exonerated Emma from manipulating a vulnerable man into a compromising situation? You do know they can put thoughts into your head and make you think their your own right? Plus how do we know Cassandra Nova didn't leave a nasty little surprise vie the Black Bug Room? Oh look another powerful Telepath I mean Come on people do the math. If I wanted to screw with the X-men to bring thrm down Scott and Jean would be the first people I targeted. The Head and the Heart. Problem was the Emma worked her shit too well and got hooked.

So the fact the she's a telepath with questionable moral completely exonerated Emma from manipulating a vulnerable man into a compromising situation? You do know they can put thoughts into your head and make you think their your own right? Plus how do we know Cassandra Nova didn't leave a nasty little surprise vie the Black Bug Room? Oh look another powerful Telepath I mean Come on people do the math. If I wanted to screw with the X-men to bring thrm down Scott and Jean would be the first people I targeted. The Head and the Heart. Problem was the Emma worked her shit too well and got hooked.
    theres nothing to exonerate her from as she was never accused of what you are condemning her for. Thats not the story that was written by Morrson or by subsequent writers. Emma did not use her TP to manipulate Scott into being with her. Thats simply not what happened

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    X-Cutioner's Song is kind of peak 90's comic nonsense but damn if this isn't an effective page.

That is gorgeous.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Even while fighting for her life crawling on her hands and knees on the moon, Jean has perfectly manicured finger nails

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Even while fighting for her life crawling on her hands and knees on the moon, Jean has perfectly manicured finger nails
    lol, clearly she places a low-level telekinetic barrier around her fingernails - it's the sensible thing to do.

Incredible Member

This is all your supposition, nothing that was actually stated in the books. And I'd bet the ranch that the author of the story, Grant Morrison, would say the same thing. Of course, later writers could retcon it in that she did these things. Let me know when someone actually does it. I'm all for removing Scott's culpability in the affair. Without that, they are not getiing my money again for the X books. That's been my position the last 15 years and remains my position. But a wrier is going to actually have to do it. i'm not going to do it by connecting dots that were not there in the published material.

I agree. And personally, I would love to see another "Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" series that have them going to the future to raise another child. I think it would really help reaffirm them as a family and not just a couple. We've already seen the F4 do something similar. We know Reed and Sue are coming back with older children. I don't see why Cyclops and Jean can't do the same.
    This is something I would not want to see happen. I believe this would age the characters too much. I know some fans want Jean and Cyke in their 40s but I prefer them to stay relatively young and ambiguous. I see them as upper 20's/early 30's (just my preference). I would love another Cyclops and Phoenix series, but I wouldn't want it with them and children or raising children. They have enough kids as it is. I mean I think family and children are extremely important, but I want more adventures with them (assuming Scott ever comes back and they reunite) without the kids or the kids from alternate timelines. If Rogue and Gambit can be married and still be young, sexy and adventurous then Cyke and Jean could have the same treatment.

Incredible Member

IIRC, I read, during the later 90s, in one of the Marvel preview magazines, that a third mini was in the works. Never happened. A shame since I sure enjoyed the first 2. For me, the guy in the first mini, THAT'S Cyclops. That is how I want to see Cyclops portrayed. During the 90s, and later, I suppose, Marvel started publishing all print books with their various characters. My favorite was a 3 part book series. I believe it was called the Mutant Empire trilogy. Christopher Golden was the writer. Scott has a big role in those books. Again, that is how Cyclops should be depicted, IMO. I respected the guy in those books, I admired him. I only bring it up because I think those might have been my favorite Cyclops stories of the decade. Great portrayal of Jean as well. And I'd guess most JOTT fans would love his depiction of the couple. Not sure if those stories are considered canon or not. Never saw them referenced in any comic. Unuscione is revealed as Unus' daughter in those books. I don'r recall it ever being outright stated in any comic I read. Makes sense with her name and power, though.

Scott-Jean238.jpg

Don't know if this was posted before, but I think it's worth posting again.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Scott-Jean238.jpg

Don't know if this was posted before, but I think it's worth posting again.
    Cyke's locket during messiah complex is my favorite.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post

Didn't like the Jae Lee art as I found it didn't mesh well with the rest of the crossover, but did like this sequence

Grand Design