Page 193 of 247 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3695

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    This.
    10char
    Not all heroes wear capes.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I absolutely loved Jean and Scott "first" meeting. It was so cute and magical
    _____classic-x-men-42-7-1.jpg

Also i love this. this is my Scott
    ______________DnvmOzbW4AEGDOE.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that the tall Nicholas Hoult should have been cast as Cyclops instead of Beast? He looks so much more like young Slim Summers than Tye Sheridan. Just look at how he complements the 5'9" Sophiie Turner!
    Yeah. I remember seeing promotional pictures of First Class. Everytime I saw Hoult, there was a split second where I thought "Cyclops?" before I remembered who he was actually playing. And it doesn't help that I feel Hoult's character's personality even resembled young Scott more than young Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I absolutely loved Jean and Scott "first" meeting. It was so cute and magical
    _____classic-x-men-42-7-1.jpg

Also i love this. this is my Scott
    ______________DnvmOzbW4AEGDOE.jpg
    So, they kissed at their first meeting? and why is Jean taller than Scott? unlike the movies it is assumed that in the comics they are the same age.

It is curious that when they kiss they form two phoenix, reference to Jean and Cyclops phoenix?

LOL Scott of the ninety screaming JEEEEEAAAAAN !!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    So, they kissed at their first meeting? and why is Jean taller than Scott? unlike the movies it is assumed that in the comics they are the same age.

It is curious that when they kiss they form two phoenix, reference to Jean and Cyclops phoenix?
    The scene is from a Classic X-Men back-up story published around 1990. It's the second part of a 2-part story by Claremont showing a glimpse of Scott's life in Mr. Sinister's Nebraska orphanage. Scott thinks he's dreaming, but he's actually being telepathically visited by Xavier and a young Jean. They're on the astral plane so these events aren't happening in physical reality.

The reason Jean appears taller is symbolic. She manifests the Phoenix and instantly morphs into her adult form. In Claremont's headcanon, which he layers into his published work whenever he can get away with it, Jean is the mortal incarnation of the Phoenix. What he's showing here is Jean's "true self" (the Phoenix) coming out as she makes telepathic contact with Scott for the first time.

Canonically, Scott is 2-3 years older than Jean. Though that's been thrown out of whack by Jean being dead for two extended periods. At this point in continuity, assuming the Phoenix resurrected her in Phoenix Resurrection at the same physical age she was when Xorneto killed her, Jean is about 7-9 years younger than Scott in purely physical terms.* Things get even more complicated when you factor in the 12 years Scott and Jean spent in different bodies in the Askani future timeline raising Nathan.

So, adding it all up and considering the compression effect of Marvel's sliding timeline, Jean's mind is in its mid 40s while her body is in its late 20s.

*It just occurred to me that, physically speaking, Jean may now be roughly the same age as Rachel and Kitty.
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 10-26-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Mighty Member

Between the Dark Phoenix movie coming up and current events in the comics, Jott and speculation about its future is a hot topic again. Marvel's thrown us shippers a few bones over the past year, being the pessimist that I am, I'm certain Marvel will find a way to break our hearts again. That, in turn, got me thinking.

In how many timelines--across all media--have Scott and Jean gotten a happy ending together? Or, at least ended up together?

Off the top of my head, I can think of the following:
    * Louise Simonson's X-Factor Forever
    * X-Men '92
    * The future timeline we saw at the end of the X-Men: Days of Future Past movie
    * The 90s X-Men cartoon
    * The Wolverine & the X-Men cartoon
    * The timeline of Phoenix: The Untold Story which featured Claremont's original ending to the Dark Phoenix Saga
    * The What If? timeline in which Xavier became the Juggernaut
    * The What If? timeline where Scott and Jean married in the Silver Age

Honorable mentions include Rachel's home timeline--Scott and Jean married and had Rachel, but they both ended up getting killed. Also, Claremont kinda-sorta implied Scott and Jean were getting back together at the end of his X-Men Forever 2 series.

Are there any others?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

1-Yeah, i try to don't trust marvel very much regarding Jott, they were good with the couple this year but that was after more than a decade of crapping over it. Specially because marvel's priorities change over time. today they say that Scott is the love of Jean's life, tomorrow it will be someone else. just like they pushed emma for so long as scott's love and then since bendis changed to Jean again.
    21463303_1336427959816412_7470038043796327416_n.jpg
    2- I loved that part of X-men the end. it was cool
    bkfuyj.jpg
    3--X-men legacy had something like that, the weird thing is that it has scott and emma married on the cover
    38878173_2191436441128209_2742958117443600384_n.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-29-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Mighty Member

bkfuyj.jpg
    Yeah, that was Claremont's way of tying up all the Jean/Scott/Madelyne stuff he's still pissed about.

Despite how X-Men: The End ends, Scott turns up still married to Emma in the sequel series GeNext. Their daughter Megan is one of the main characters.

3--X-men legacy had something like that, the weird thing is that it has scott and emma married on the cover
    That's the 100th Anniversary Special - X-Men from 2014. I've never read it, but I think that's the one where Scott becomes President of the United States. Then, Jean shows up and rewrites the timeline as we see in these pages.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Between the Dark Phoenix movie coming up and current events in the comics, Jott and speculation about its future is a hot topic again. Marvel's thrown us shippers a few bones over the past year, being the pessimist that I am, I'm certain Marvel will find a way to break our hearts again. That, in turn, got me thinking.

In how many timelines--across all media--have Scott and Jean gotten a happy ending together? Or, at least ended up together?

Off the top of my head, I can think of the following:
    * Louise Simonson's X-Factor Forever
    * X-Men '92
    * The future timeline we saw at the end of the X-Men: Days of Future Past movie
    * The 90s X-Men cartoon
    * The Wolverine & the X-Men cartoon
    * The timeline of Phoenix: The Untold Story which featured Claremont's original ending to the Dark Phoenix Saga
    * The What If? timeline in which Xavier became the Juggernaut
    * The What If? timeline where Scott and Jean married in the Silver Age

Honorable mentions include Rachel's home timeline--Scott and Jean married and had Rachel, but they both ended up getting killed. Also, Claremont kinda-sorta implied Scott and Jean were getting back together at the end of his X-Men Forever 2 series.

Are there any others?
    I really did not see this well, I love Jott a lot, it's my Marvel OTP. in X-factor Forever? Sure they are great there. in X-men forever? not even talk. even if in the end Jean admitted that she made a mistake and asked Scott for forgiveness (which didn't happen in the comic) if I were Scott, even though I loved Jean I didn't want to return and wouldn't return with Jean. why? because in X-men forever, she told him many times that she only saw him as a friend, she treated him like him was trash after having been "the great love of her life" I remember in one of the final issues of the first vol where Jean meets Scott, Hank and Logan in a dream, in that dream she really did not care about anything Scott, showed more interest in Hank than in him and not talking about Logan to whom she told him again and again "her true love".

Even if they come back together I don't think they have any stable relationship after all this.

bkfuyj.jpg

2. I don't know if this counts, it really is not Jean who speaks but Maddy, as I saw, this Jean didn't love Scott at all.

3. It was really weird, a Jott story with a cover Scemma, surely many Scemma shipers who bought this comic felt stolen. I guess it's a little revenge for Endsong.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

That's the 100th Anniversary Special - X-Men from 2014. I've never read it, but I think that's the one where Scott becomes President of the United States. Then, Jean shows up and rewrites the timeline as we see in these pages.

Yeah, I know a lot of people like to think that Jean would not do something really bad against Emma, she's a good girl and she would never do anything like that even if she really hates her. personally I would see it normal and I could not blame her for it. 100th Anniversary Special - X-Men shows us this clearly, the first thing Jean did was find Emma and disintegrate her in a very graphic way.

The ship is under attack these days but we shall overcome. Cyclops and Phoenix:Forever.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DigitalArt by : André Yamaguchi

UXM

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    UXM

Classic and cheesy, which brings out the best in couples like Cyclops and Jean Grey.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Yeah, I know a lot of people like to think that Jean would not do something really bad against Emma, she's a good girl and she would never do anything like that even if she really hates her. personally I would see it normal and I could not blame her for it. 100th Anniversary Special - X-Men shows us this clearly, the first thing Jean did was find Emma and disintegrate her in a very graphic way.
    It's kind of weird that the Phoenix personally erases Emma. But yeah, she does reset their universe just so the marriage with Scott never goes wrong (since Emma is present on the page celebrating their anniversary, as a friend) and they live happily ever after.