Page 223 of 247 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3695
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Nice! A beautiful reflection on the past, present, and future of this romance.
    I hooope!

How’d you guys want Jott to resolve their issues?

I am not married, so I got no clue how one would resolve their martial problems?
    Should marvel dive deeper or just let things move on from PR?

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was beautiful

Jean: "Everything around us seems to be falling apart. Where does that leave the two of us?"

Scott: "We come together, Jean, like I promised at the airport. More than ever, I need your help to make my way through the tough times, Lord knows we've had enough of them.

Jean: "We'll protect each other Slim. We'll make it through the coldest of nights, my love...the darkest days...together. No one on earth will ever take that from us...no one."

This is required reading leading up to the wedding. It baffles my mind how they get the issues that follow but skip this
    After rereading this scene, the Morrison stuff made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    How so? .....

Mighty Member

Umm ... u mean didn’t make sense? lol

I love me some Morrison run tho ( minus the relationship mess)

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

How so? .....
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Umm ... u mean didn’t make sense? lol

I love me some Morrison run tho ( minus the relationship mess)
    Oops, I meant no sense, lol

Mighty Member

Gotcha!
    Morrison really failed delivering what he had in mind.

LOL...I got you and totally agree

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hooope!

I am not married, so I got no clue how one would resolve their martial problems?
    I don't know how any of this will play. I think it is important that they have the chance to talk before even start a relationship, it's really important to apologize and have some nice interactions even if they are not romantic. Marvel really has to show that everything that happened was a mistake and that cyclops has the best intentions for Jean
    If they are ever going to be close again cyclops can't be anywhere close to emma, so marvel would have to deal with that too. Is not like scott and emma were married.

But i feel a lot of people are going to get offended when Jean dates someone else and if Scott does more people will get angry. If marvel avoids love triangles and treats even a bit respectful the relationships and characters there may be some hope but it really depends on marvel treating things with care, they are famous for doing the opposite when it comes to romance.

I don't think things are as bad as some people paint them though. these are two characters that are usually very close and have cool cute interactions marvel just has to show them like that because some people don't even remember that, only the bad drama of their break up and nobody wants that. sure they can't be how they were before but that's good, they will be something different.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-02-2018 at 04:09 PM.

I hooope!

Dive deeper and then move on. PR was too abridged. They fundamentally broken in Morrison's run and 2-3 pages is not enough to resolve that mess. They could benefit from a 3 issue mini series like the Rogue and Gambit one that digs deeper into their problems and history with the ending being that they dont reconcile as a couple but are left in a good place to coexist as friends. They really shouldnt reunite until some time has passed

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Dive deeper and then move on. PR was too abridged. They fundamentally broken in Morrison's run and 2-3 pages is not enough to resolve that mess. They could benefit from a 3 issue mini series like the Rogue and Gambit one that digs deeper into their problems and history with the ending being that they dont reconcile as a couple but are left in a good place to coexist as friends. They really shouldnt reunite until some time has passed
    I agree, this would be best.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Incredible Member

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend trying to reconcile 90s Jott with what Morrison wrote. Well, Morrison could have used the Apocalypse merge and moved forward from there. But he wanted to retroactively deconstruct them. Which gives you Scott saying things like they never worked after she came back. And that simply cannot be reconciled with a lot more than the panels posted here. They are just one example.

But that's just it. THEY were never the problem it's ALWAYS outside stuff that comes in at them. It's like you and your wife building a sand castle only for some asshole to come along and kick it over. Your saying "Building the sand castle is too problematic so why do it?" I say "You kick MY Sandcastle down and I'll just build a bigger and better one in it's place so you better stop doing it else your eventually gonna need a bulldozer.". Better Together I say.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    But that's just it. THEY were never the problem it's ALWAYS outside stuff that comes in at them. It's like you and your wife building a sand castle only for some asshole to come along and kick it over. Your saying "Building the sand castle is too problematic so why do it?" I say "You kick MY Sandcastle down and I'll just build a bigger and better one in it's place so you better stop doing it else your eventually gonna need a bulldozer.". Better Together I say.
    I think something similar. There is so much story, so many stories, so much time between these two characters that it would be a waste to just throw everything. Like sure they can start other relationships that will probably have less drama but will those last half as long or reach half as far? Of course not. Let's look at scemma, marvel pushed scemma hard but they were never going to marry, have kids or have other long effect (besides fucking jott). Marvel could make emma go crazy and pair scott with someone else and start building from there but they eventually will have the same problem and will destroy that for other new thing. The same will happen with Jean, she will have a new romance that will look better than scott, but eventually marvel will screw that too for other new relationship. they will always be building something that will go nowhere even if it looks serious and last for years (like scemma).
    Meanwhile Jean and Scott are already there, they already have half of the castle build. some of the stuff done with them will always resonate in their lifes, unlike others.

I mean i doubt that if any other relationship suffered half of what this has suffered for half as long could still do amazing stuff like this.
    1529499010944.jpg
    cutecable1 - copy.jpg
    sad.jpg
    the fact that even after 14 years of doing every possible thing to denigrate the relationship, it still can produce some things that other relationships will never have. shows how strong is the relationship. I mean marvel can have them date anybody but that magic ends when they drop drama and start other relationships. Jean and Scott has suffered all of that and yet will always be a part of the characters. that's why i would like for marvel to eventually give the relationship another chance but before that they do need some healing.

Incredible Member

That's how I always felt prior to Morrison. It's why I keep saying it. For 40 years, when both alive, it was one of two things, always. They are together or want to be and circumstances are keeping them apart. At the core, though, the feelings never change.

Jean and Scott were not an on again off again couple. It wasn't get together, break up and see other people, get back together, rinse and repeat. There are no breakups, there was a death.
    When both alive, it was more together, but with obstacles. Or the Silver Age where it took a long time to get together, but it's not like either was paired with anyone else.

Morrison changed the feelings at the core. Certainly on Scott's end. Perhaps PR undid that. Certainly read like that although I don't think a page or two was enough to do a proper reconciliation. Perhaps they will work towards that when Scott comes back.

But outside stuff did come to them and destroyed them. Morrison's stuff as awful as ti was happened. It cant and shouldnt be ignored. He left them in a very problematic state. I do feel they need rebuilding. Even if the love is there (which it is), they should slowly work their way back together as I dont think it woud be a good idea to just jump right back into that relationship