Page 224 of 247 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3695

I'm not sold on Jean and Scott reuniting. I am sure it will happen but I don't know how I feel about it. I love both characters. They are my favorites. I'm just not a fan of how couples are written in the books. I mean look at Gambit and Rogue. If KT has Gambit just refer to Rogue as "wife" one more time ... I'm probably dropping the book. I think it is best to write happy couples as being mostly independent with each other and leave out all the sappy couple b.s. comments that we only get from cringe worthy t.v. I know happy couples who have been married for many years and they use their names and do not refer to each other as "wife" and "husband". I realize this is probably just a pet peeve.

I recall when I first joined the x-men online fandom many years ago (I was a freshman in college.. so about 17 years ago..) it was common for fans to refer to Jean and Scott as the "dreaded ScottJean Entity". I do not want Jean to fall even more into this den mother role where she is largely viewed as Scott's girlfriend or his wife. This is my biggest fear about them ever reuniting. It will not damage Scott's character but it might Jean. I know some fans are already fantasizing them getting back together and Jean bearing Scott's children. I do not want to see Scott and Jean become Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman.

Incredible Member

Remember it well. RACMX, I believe. Specifically recall the word dreaded. Joined at the hip, never to be separated. Nonsense if you actually go issue by issue. One of the first of what I referred to as internet myths. Enough people post it enough times and it's just believed whether true or not.

Myself, I would have been just fine with them having a kid like Reed and Sue. Now, that I really don't see happening. But I guess you never know

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think it's too late for them to have kids together or with other people. Marvel sees that stuff more as a problem, for any couple not only jott. To be honest kids become a burden overtime or just a token for a ship (and those are the most unestable things on the soap opera of the x-men)

I'm happy with Cable though, He is amazing. He is his own character with his own friends and stories so he doesn't depend on Jean or Scott to be relevant. they don't have to carry him.
    He was birthed by Maddie but adopted/raised by Jean but at the same time he as her DNA, it's weird but somehow counts.
    He is older than Jean, that's just amazing, weird and unique. it looks funny, cute and bizarre at the same time.
    He is enough for me.
    tumblr_ol7iguU17Y1v2rhf9o8_1280.jpg
    we also have rachel but marvel doesn't want to explore that one too much. Still funny though
    dsfeh.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-02-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm not sold on Jean and Scott reuniting. I am sure it will happen but I don't know how I feel about it. I love both characters. They are my favorites. I'm just not a fan of how couples are written in the books. I mean look at Gambit and Rogue. If KT has Gambit just refer to Rogue as "wife" one more time ... I'm probably dropping the book. I think it is best to write happy couples as being mostly independent with each other and leave out all the sappy couple b.s. comments that we only get from cringe worthy t.v. I know happy couples who have been married for many years and they use their names and do not refer to each other as "wife" and "husband". I realize this is probably just a pet peeve.

I recall when I first joined the x-men online fandom many years ago (I was a freshman in college.. so about 17 years ago..) it was common for fans to refer to Jean and Scott as the "dreaded ScottJean Entity". I do not want Jean to fall even more into this den mother role where she is largely viewed as Scott's girlfriend or his wife. This is my biggest fear about them ever reuniting. It will not damage Scott's character but it might Jean. I know some fans are already fantasizing them getting back together and Jean bearing Scott's children. I do not want to see Scott and Jean become Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman.
    I hate this, so Jean was just an accessory in their entire relationship?........There are plenty of Jott stories left to tell. None of them require treating Jean as an accessory. It's entirely possible to have Scott and Jean together and Jean still be portrayed as confident, strong, and independent. Louise Simonson knew how to do it. So did Scott Lobdell and Fabian Nicieza. And Steve Seagle, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    I hate this, so Jean was just an accessory in their entire relationship?........There are plenty of Jott stories left to tell. None of them require treating Jean as an accessory. It's entirely possible to have Scott and Jean together and Jean still be portrayed as confident, strong, and independent. Louise Simonson knew how to do it. So did Scott Lobdell and Fabian Nicieza. And Steve Seagle, too.
    Agree, I never saw Jean as an accessory for Scott or Scott as an accessory for Jean, this is a silly idea that people are having in these times, I always saw them as equals I never saw one being on top of the other, sadly this is partly what some fans want today.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    People who don't like the word "wife/husband" are the problem these days.Just shows how little their mind really are.

I don't know if this was already posted, but Matthew Rosenberg did a quick Q&A recently where he got asked who Jean loved more, Cyclops or Wolverine. His answer should make Cyclops/Jean fans very happy.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I love wolverine, but i think it was always clear that Jean liked Cyclops more. Poor Logan always ends in the middle of those shipping debates and he has almost nothing to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I hooope!

How’d you guys want Jott to resolve their issues?

I am not married, so I got no clue how one would resolve their martial problems?
    Should marvel dive deeper or just let things move on from PR?
    The million dollar question.

I feel like there's two answers here. The first is what I want to happen. The second is what will put the characters in the best long term position.

I'm going to suggest that they need to settle the wreckage first. They need have it all out and acknowledge what went wrong in their relationship during Morrison. Scott needs to acknowledge the affair and his responsibility for it. Jean needs to acknowledge her reaction didn't help the situation. They need to accept what happened and forgive each other. This doesn't need to take forever. It could be one issue and done. There's no magic to reconciliation, it just requires effort and humility. After that they need to spend some time apart and figure out if they want to have a future together. This is something that needs to be said explicitly on panel, since the last several interactions between them (end of Morrison, Endsong, PR, Red Annual) leave this ambiguous.

If the decision is that they want to be together (which I think is a reasonable conclusion) that's where the tricky part comes in.

Part of me want's to see there relationship move pretty fast at this point. They're a known quantity to each other. They don't really need to date extensively to figure out if the fit is right. Cameo in each others books but make it clear that they're back on and give them enough exposure in each other's titles to make that look realistic. This could culminate in pretty much whatever, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see them tie the knot again. That would be the most personally satisfying for me but as a few of you have pointed out, Marvel occasionally likes to kick over their sand castle. This option actually puts them in the most vulnerable position for some new writer to come through and knock them over again. If they go all in and it doesn't work out, I'm not sure that this ship gets a third (fourth?) chance.

The smarter move long-term is to focus on the friendship element of their relationship. Get them back to being best friends and confidantes before ever moving on the romantic front. Maybe they never really get together or end up as friends with benefits, at least in the medium term. I know it doesn't sound like it really fits them but it avoids giving the next Marvel writer something significant to break, and it works with two independent adults, mostly doing their own things and coming together from time to time, because everyone need to be vulnerable with someone. With both of them potentially leading, I think this gives them a real connection that's sustainable into the future. It's also a slow burn which fits their history. Beyond that, we're talking about two characters who double down on their professional lives, and a deep but informal relationship might actually fit their situation the best. This still leaves the option to go further down the road.

So for me the question is, do I want what I think the characters should have, or what I think will do the least damage to them and still get some of what I think they need...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I love wolverine, but i think it was always clear that Jean liked Cyclops more. Poor Logan always ends in the middle of those shipping debates and he has almost nothing to do with them.
    Pretty sure it's Claremont and Morrison's fault Logan ends up in those debates lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I don't know if this was already posted, but Matthew Rosenberg did a quick Q&A recently where he got asked who Jean loved more, Cyclops or Wolverine. His answer should make Cyclops/Jean fans very happy.
    For those of us who've been around and read most of the material, that question's answer was obvious.

The funny thing about Rosenberg is that for every answer he gives like that, he also give one like this:

It's like he knows they want to be together, he just doesn't want to actually see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Pretty sure it's Claremont and Morrison's fault Logan ends up in those debates lol.
    I'd lean much more toward Claremont than Morrison. Claremont did more to re-enforce some sort of mutual attraction between Logan and Jean and talked about it significantly off panel. Morrison did next to nothing in that regard. I'd even suggest the way he wrote Logan did more to re-enforce Jott than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think it's too late for them to have kids together or with other people. Marvel sees that stuff more as a problem, for any couple not only jott. To be honest kids become a burden overtime or just a token for a ship (and those are the most unestable things on the soap opera of the x-men)
    It's hardly too late. Let's remember that the current climate at Marvel is temporary. In twenty years the attitudes over there could be very different, as they were twenty years ago. The other thing to remember is that Scott and Jean may not always be active X-Men. Even with time slowed to a crawl for them, aging to some extent is inevitable. Maybe this will make more sense down the road, when being on active duty is no longer required? As long as they're active members, having kids seems a little crazy to me anyways. There are just too many potential threats to a child.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    The million dollar question.

I feel like there's two answers here. The first is what I want to happen. The second is what will put the characters in the best long term position.

I'm going to suggest that they need to settle the wreckage first. They need have it all out and acknowledge what went wrong in their relationship during Morrison. Scott needs to acknowledge the affair and his responsibility for it. Jean needs to acknowledge her reaction didn't help the situation. They need to accept what happened and forgive each other. This doesn't need to take forever. It could be one issue and done. There's no magic to reconciliation, it just requires effort and humility. After that they need to spend some time apart and figure out if they want to have a future together. This is something that needs to be said explicitly on panel, since the last several interactions between them (end of Morrison, Endsong, PR, Red Annual) leave this ambiguous.

If the decision is that they want to be together (which I think is a reasonable conclusion) that's where the tricky part comes in.

Part of me want's to see there relationship move pretty fast at this point. They're a known quantity to each other. They don't really need to date extensively to figure out if the fit is right. Cameo in each others books but make it clear that they're back on and give them enough exposure in each other's titles to make that look realistic. This could culminate in pretty much whatever, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see them tie the knot again. That would be the most personally satisfying for me but as a few of you have pointed out, Marvel occasionally likes to kick over their sand castle. This option actually puts them in the most vulnerable position for some new writer to come through and knock them over again. If they go all in and it doesn't work out, I'm not sure that this ship gets a third (fourth?) chance.

The smarter move long-term is to focus on the friendship element of their relationship. Get them back to being best friends and confidantes before ever moving on the romantic front. Maybe they never really get together or end up as friends with benefits, at least in the medium term. I know it doesn't sound like it really fits them but it avoids giving the next Marvel writer something significant to break, and it works with two independent adults, mostly doing their own things and coming together from time to time, because everyone need to be vulnerable with someone. With both of them potentially leading, I think this gives them a real connection that's sustainable into the future. It's also a slow burn which fits their history. Beyond that, we're talking about two characters who double down on their professional lives, and a deep but informal relationship might actually fit their situation the best. This still leaves the option to go further down the road.

So for me the question is, do I want what I think the characters should have, or what I think will do the least damage to them and still get some of what I think they need...

Eeh! I also would love seeing them tie the know once again. I agree with what u said should happen but dang I think marvel won’t give us an easy way out. They will milk cheap drama, I hope they won’t disappoint.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    It's hardly too late. Let's remember that the current climate at Marvel is temporary. In twenty years the attitudes over there could be very different, as they were twenty years ago. The other thing to remember is that Scott and Jean may not always be active X-Men. Even with time slowed to a crawl for them, aging to some extent is inevitable. Maybe this will make more sense down the road, when being on active duty is no longer required? As long as they're active members, having kids seems a little crazy to me anyways. There are just too many potential threats to a child.
    How long do they usually do a relaunch?
    I was hoping, the new staff would actually give us satisfaction with this ship cuz it’s been over a decade and the way it ended was like crap.