Page 235 of 247 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3695
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    In case you haven't found this yet, the S&J Archives does a pretty good job of summarizing their interactions across all the comics. I've found it helpful from time to time, especially to track down some of the less high profile stuff. The link's here. If you're new to the X-Men or it's just been a while since you've read the older stuff, it can be very useful.
    I remember that site from years back. That person also used to run a Jott message board. I remember posting on it when ENDSONG came out. I saw a link to it there that didn't work anymore. I also saw scans from ENDSONG. I don't get that. I don't see that as a series for Jott fans. Good site, though. A lot of issues covered.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Thanks, I think I'll pass. I think the only thing I'd rather not hear is a podcast about JOTT in NEW X MEN. Now, if they started about 20 issues into X FACTOR i could see myself possibly listening. They are going to go into the early stuff. It happened, no getting around it, doesn't mean I want to listen to a show about it.
    Oh no, I didn’t hear it yet. I’m not sure if they mention the affair fiasco but phoenixzero said “not everything is good” so I assumed they mentioned the affair. It was just me assuming. Sorry.

3rd episode will be about Redd n Slym ... that’s interesting n lovely.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I think the editors and writers want to put out what they think are good, fun stories. It's just that what they like isn't necessarily what we like. My general impression from their comments in interviews, on Twitter, etc. is that they view the characters and the X-mythos on a much more meta level than we do. For them, it's chiefly about stimulation and suspense--making each story an entertaining, unpredictable thrill ride. For us, it's about continuing the saga of these characters and their lives, the world-building, and further development of the larger X-Men narrative as a whole.

They're interested in making a clever, tasty snack. We're interested in the next serving of a multi-course meal.

The other factor to consider is how much Marvel corporate is leaning on them and how that shapes editorial directives.
    Shouldn’t writers main goal be pleasing their audience and fans? Why won’t they give fans what they want?
    I thought with social media and all the interactions they do was for them to actually understand what fans want in order to attract new readers and keep their old readers. Everyone would be happy. I don’t quite understand why they do what they do. It feels like they write these stories out of spite to their fans and audience.

Them mistreating their characters isn’t necessarily suspenseful or entertaining.. I really wonder from where they are getting these ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I've read a lot lately from both writers and editors and I have to agree that you've nailed the general trend. I do thing JDW has a more character driven focus than most of the writers seem to, but I'm not sure that's translating into any real change in the books. It really comes down to serial vs episodic story telling. Given that most of these writers know they've got anywhere from 5 to 20 issues to say what they want to say, I can't really blame them for the approach their taking.

If Marvel were willing to commit to giving a creative team a significant run, say fifty issues on a book like Uncanny (for example) I think we could see something of a return to this. It's a risk because we're all stuck with that writer for the duration but I think the rewards outweigh the risks. Marvel will only ever see it that way, if they in fact recognize and agree that long form story telling is the best approach to the X-Men.
    I totally agree with you . These 5 to 20 issues filler stories needs to stop, we want a a long story.
    Why can’t they do a 50 issue kinda story? Or any long stories with the same writer? What is so hard in that?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Shouldn’t writers main goal be pleasing their audience and fans? Why won’t they give fans what they want?
    I thought with social media and all the interactions they do was for them to actually understand what fans want in order to attract new readers and keep their old readers. Everyone would be happy. I don’t quite understand why they do what they do. It feels like they write these stories out of spite to their fans and audience.

Them mistreating their characters isn’t necessarily suspenseful or entertaining..
    They don't see it that way. Like I said, I think for the writers and editors, it's more meta. They want fun, clever thrills and suspenseful drama. The characters are just pieces to move around to service that. Continuity, consistent characterization, and the larger X-Men narrative aren't a high priority.

I really wonder from where they are getting these ideas.
    A lot of contemporary superhero comics read to me like the kinds of stories my friends and I used to come up with when we were kids playing with action figures. Set up a cool fight, make a simple set-piece out of it, and then maybe build some additional story around that.

Organic, character-driven storytelling in which the conflict and the action emerges from the plot is out of fashion and often derided as "too serious" and "grimdark".

I totally agree with you . These 5 to 20 issues filler stories needs to stop, we want a a long story.
    Why can’t they do a 50 issue kinda story? Or any long stories with the same writer? What is so hard in that?
    My guess? They don't think the business model will support that. I think Marvel looks at the sales figures, sees that stuff like variant covers and frequent #1s temporarily boosts the sales figures, and cater to that segment of the market. In other words, they think there are more comics collectors than true comics readers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Oh no, I didn’t hear it yet. I’m not sure if they mention the affair fiasco but phoenixzero said “not everything is good” so I assumed they mentioned the affair. It was just me assuming. Sorry.

3rd episode will be about Redd n Slym ... that’s interesting n lovely.
    This is a series on Jott? Didn't realize that. I just read the description of the X FACTOR episode. There was no affair there. Well, I guess technically there was. Maddie was alive when Jott hooked up, but Scott thought she was dead. There was no conscious adultery.

If they are doing a 3rd maybe they will do another on the disintegration of the marriage. They pretty much have to discuss the affair there.

Incredible Member

My guess? They don't think the business model will support that. I think Marvel looks at the sales figures, sees that stuff like variant covers and frequent #1s temporarily boosts the sales figures, and cater to that segment of the market. In other words, they think there are more comics collectors than true comics readers.
    That is the way I viewed it for years. Whatever gets people talking. Whatever creates a buzz. Or gimmicks like new no 1 issues or variant covers. Anything to spur sales, even temporarily.

Mighty Member

They don't see it that way. Like I said, I think for the writers and editors, it's more meta. They want fun, clever thrills and suspenseful drama. The characters are just pieces to move around to service that. Continuity, consistent characterization, and the larger X-Men narrative aren't a high priority.

A lot of contemporary superhero comics read to me like the kinds of stories my friends and I used to come up with when we were kids playing with action figures. Set up a cool fight, make a simple set-piece out of it, and then maybe build some additional story around that.

Organic, character-driven storytelling in which the conflict and the action emerges from the plot is out of fashion and often derided as "too serious" and "grimdark".

That really sucks. I’m not well informed on the industry or the writers, but by reading this ... I can tell the writers and us have different perspectives on the characters n stories.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    This is a series on Jott? Didn't realize that. I just read the description of the X FACTOR episode. There was no affair there. Well, I guess technically there was. Maddie was alive when Jott hooked up, but Scott thought she was dead. There was no conscious adultery.

If they are doing a 3rd maybe they will do another on the disintegration of the marriage. They pretty much have to discuss the affair there.
    Yeaa it’s a Jott podcast... I was checking out the 1st ep, it was dope. I hope marvel bring back the couple.

If you're a Cyclops/Jean fan, I recommend checking out Extermination #5. While it didn't have anything too big or groundbreaking, it had some sweet moments between O5 Scott and Jean. It also set up some promising plots for the future. I won't spoil it, but it was a very satisfying ending.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    If you're a Cyclops/Jean fan, I recommend checking out Extermination #5. While it didn't have anything too big or groundbreaking, it had some sweet moments between O5 Scott and Jean. It also set up some promising plots for the future. I won't spoil it, but it was a very satisfying ending.
    spoilers:
    Yea PrezValentine mentioned they had a bonding moment! I can’t wait to read ittt
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

yep great issue, shame we'll already have to see Jean with someone in else in a few weeks

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

there were some cute interactions with Cable but sadly not much between Jean and Scott. Well at least we have the kiss at the end of Blue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    there were some cute interactions with Cable but sadly not much between Jean and Scott. Well at least we have the kiss at the end of Blue.
    I’m getting mixed signals.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    yep great issue, shame we'll already have to see Jean with someone in else in a few weeks
    IKR!!! I’m so mad.

I don't remember the comic...

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    I don't remember the comic...

X- men fairy tales I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    X- men fairy tales I believe
    Thanks!

Scott is a tailor here & Jean a witch?