Page 5 of 247 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    This one?
    I love that cover! I'm going to like pretty much any cover that has Scott and Jean together on it
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Where is Jean's mask? I thought Jean always had a mask or head covering when wearing that uniform?

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Where is Jean's mask? I thought Jean always had a mask or head covering when wearing that uniform?
    People can take off masks

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Oh, wow! These are all fantastic! How do you guys get these commissions? Are they expensive?
    It's really depend of the artist and complexity. Black and white pencil or ink are less expensive than rendered grey-tones or colors. The ones by Adriana Melo were relatively expensive because they were fully rendered (and 2 characters is usualy more expensive than one). One was digitally colored by her. The others were colored with markers by Jeff Balke over a copy.

Here is the original grey tones:

I can't get commissions at comics conventions so I check artists onlines. There is several shops that represent artists and you can order commissions through them. There is also some artists that you can contact directly. There is also people on EBay that sell commissions (either fully done or they will do it for you based on your request)

Price can range for $50 or so to a few hundered dollars depending on the artist and complexity. Famous artists may ask a lot more and may have a very lenghty waiting list. It really depend what you are looking for: If you are not collecting famous arists specifically, you can find people who will do very good commissions for a lot cheaper and a lot faster.

It's sad to say but it's more risky with some so-called popular "professional" artists: they ask high prices, want to be paid in advance but they give very low priority to commissions and may make you wait months before doing it, if they ever did it. Less famous artists are usualy much more professional in their dealing and are much more eager to please their customers.
    Last edited by Narasinha; 04-28-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I loved Jean/Scott and Emma/Scott Pairing.

I was really hoping Adult Scott would stay with Emma and Tyke/Jean would stay together

@Narasinha Those are amazing commissions. Some of the best I've seen! Please post more if you have them

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    It's really depend of the artist and complexity. Black and white pencil or ink are less expensive than rendered grey-tones or colors. The ones by Adriana Melo were relatively expensive because they were fully rendered (and 2 characters is usualy more expensive than one). One was digitally colored by her. The others were colored with markers by Jeff Balke over a copy.

I can't get commissions at comics conventions so I check artists onlines. There is several shops that represent artists and you can order commissions through them. There is also some artists that you can contact directly. There is also people on EBay that sell commissions (either fully done or they will do it for you based on your request)

Price can range for $50 or so to a few hundered dollars depending on the artist and complexity. Famous artists may ask a lot more and may have a very lenghty waiting list. It really depend what you are looking for: If you are not collecting famous arists specifically, you can find people who will do very good commissions for a lot cheaper and a lot faster.

It's sad to say but it's more risky with some so-called popular "professional" artists: they ask high prices, want to be paid in advance but they give very low priority to commissions and may make you wait months before doing it, if they ever did it. Less famous artists are usualy much more professional in their dealing and are much more eager to please their customers.
    This is true. On a slightly more known artist, been waiting 18 months on something
    Last edited by Legaldrugdealer; 04-28-2017 at 01:55 PM.

I love that cover! I'm going to like pretty much any cover that has Scott and Jean together on it
    Here is a pencil recreation by Edson:

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    @Narasinha Those are amazing commissions. Some of the best I've seen! Please post more if you have them
    Thanks

I have many but mostly of Jean alone (2 characters is more expensive...) like this other one by Adriana Melo:

The pencil was less expensive because it's not grey-tones.

Oh, I have this one! It's more about Jean's life but Scott is a big part of her life so...

Pencil is by Eduardo Pansica. Inking by Eber Ferreira and colors by Jeff Balke.

Thank you. I appreciate the info

Thanks

I have many but mostly of Jean alone (2 characters is more expensive...) like this other one by Adriana Melo:

The pencil was less expensive because it's not grey-tones.
    Just out of curiosity, how much would something like this cost?

Adriana is asking $180 for a black/white character with minimal background or $240 for full background (she counted Jean's head as full background and not as a 2nd character which is more expensive) for a 11x17 inches.

Her grey tones are a lot more expensive: $480 for a 11x17 inches.
    You can check her prices here: http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=158442

She is fantastic and she works pretty fast. Most artists are just doing "pin-up" style commissions. But for the 2 with Jean & Scott, I described her the kind of "mood" I wanted and she made 3 drafts. They were exactly what I wanted so I ended-up asking her to do 2 of them instead of 1 (I wanted something that reminded the scene and mood when Scott, Jean and Cable were waiting the end of the universe just before the original AoA)

Here is the 3 drafts:

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=158442

Pretty expensive

https://www.instagram.com/p/BM7s_5NDJdT/
    This guy is pretty good and rates are reasonable
    Last edited by Legaldrugdealer; 04-28-2017 at 02:27 PM.