Page 53 of 247 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

True love is only boring when the partners are boring and that is way too often. Its why Reed and Sue Richards are boring but Batman and Catwoman are so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Except for Cable. Maddie had a rough ride. She didn't handle it well but she wasn't dealt particularly good cards either. It wasn't her fault why she was created or what she was created for.
    Maybe they should get maddie some redemption. she deserves it more than likes of Magneto and Emma...

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Maybe they should get maddie some redemption. she deserves it more than likes of Magneto and Emma...
    Maddie is low key really awesome. I really did not like what they with her in X-men Blue, that was real pathetic. Also lose the horns.

Probably true. The fact that she's essentially Jean for all intents and purpose (except the fake memories Sinister gave her) makes this a difficult and confusing narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    True love is only boring when the partners are boring and that is way too often. Its why Reed and Sue Richards are boring but Batman and Catwoman are so fun.
    I dont consider bat and cat true, they are mirror of scott and emma. A hero with a anti hero. Cat gets away with lots of bs like emma just because who they sleep with so yeah not my cup of tea. Now if u say sups and lois that is true love and not boring though i am not a fan of the couple.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    I dont consider bat and cat true, they are mirror of scott and emma. A hero with a anti hero. Cat gets away with lots of bs like emma just because who they sleep with so yeah not my cup of tea. Now if u say sups and lois that is true love and not boring though i am not a fan of the couple.
    Being a hero or anti-hero has no bearing on whether or not it is true love. I think you're misunderstanding the concept. In the comics right now Batman and Catwoman definitely have a more enduring love than Lois and Sups do(they're even getting married) and Batman and Catwoman were a thing before Emma Frost even existed. And yeah Superman and Lois are definitely boring. Primarily because despite her good looks Lois is extremely ordinary. She limits the imagination to what Superman's true love could be like.

Being a hero or anti-hero has no bearing on whether or not it is true love. I think you're misunderstanding the concept. In the comics right now Batman and Catwoman definitely have a more enduring love than Lois and Sups do(they're even getting married) and Batman and Catwoman were a thing before Emma Frost even existed. And yeah Superman and Lois are definitely boring. Primarily because despite her good looks Lois is extremely ordinary. She limits the imagination to what Superman's true love could be like.
    I get it ur a bats and cats fan but their love is no where near sups and lois, bats once said he wish he had what sups had with lois. Bats is a playboy is his thing he has so many main loves is just not real for me.

Cats is ordinary too, so is Bats but u find that not boring.

jean and scott ppl say are boring but they acted like equals on somestuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    I get it ur a bats and cats fan but their love is no where near sups and lois, bats once said he wish he had what sups had with lois. Bats is a playboy is his thing he has so many main loves is just not real for me.

Cats is ordinary too, so is Bats but u find that not boring.

jean and scott ppl say are boring but they acted like equals on somestuff.
    When Bats said that they were not in the same reality they are in now so its a moot point. Batman has never been a playboy. Bruce Wayne puts on a playboy persona for show. It has no emotional input on him(he has only had two btw, Catwoman and Talia Al'gul)

Cats and Bats are ordinary compared to who? Superman and Lois! You can't be serious. Superman and Lois is such a stereotypical idealized marriage that it hurts. With Bats and Cats there is a lot of lingering tension, distrust, raw sexuality and bizarre playfulness that sups and Lois can't compare(few relationships can really)

Jean and Scott were super boring. Adding the Phoenix to Jean, throwing Wolverine in the mix and the apocalypse merger were all attempts to make the relationship more interesting. To the writers' credit however for the most part it worked.

When Bats said that they were not in the same reality they are in now so its a moot point. Batman has never been a playboy. Bruce Wayne puts on a playboy persona for show. It has no emotional input on him(he has only had two btw, Catwoman and Talia Al'gul)

Cats and Bats are ordinary compared to who? Superman and Lois! You can't be serious. Superman and Lois is such a stereotypical idealized marriage that it hurts. With Bats and Cats there is a lot of lingering tension, distrust, raw sexuality and bizarre playfulness that sups and Lois can't compare(few relationships can really)

Jean and Scott were super boring. Adding the Phoenix to Jean, throwing Wolverine in the mix and the apocalypse merger were all attempts to make the relationship more interesting. To the writers' credit however for the most part it worked.
    Batman and Catwoman never seemed true love for me. It's all points down to lust and not real love

Batman and Catwoman never seemed true love for me. It's all points down to lust and not real love
    I don't think thats fair. It just rare we get to see a love show cased where the sex in it is still very hot and at the surface. It makes the love no less true imo.

I don't think thats fair. It just rare we get to see a love show cased where the sex in it is still very hot and at the surface. It makes the love no less true imo.
    I still don't think they are true love. Batman just works very well without her

For once i will agree with you lol

I still don't think they are true love. Batman just works very well without her
    Batman was designed to be loner character and the majority of writers have embraced that design so I understand why you'd feel he works better without her that has no bearing on whether or not it is true love though. I'll stand my point that this relationship is far truer than something as flacid as Sups and Lois

The same way you view Bats and cat is the same way the shippers of Scott and Emma view that relationship.
    For me and this is my opinion, I don't want to read what my heros do in the bedroom, if i wanted to read what kinky stuff ppl do in the bedroom i would read 50 shades.....

What is so bad about a marriage that is boring but at the end of they day they have each other.

Like I said Jean and Scott are called boring for being real and in so many levels they ha friendship and love together.

Anyways I just saw the preview for x men blue 17 and Tyke and Jeen are holding on to each other hahah cute