Page 59 of 247 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Don't know if this has been posted here already, but it looks like the Cyclops/Jean relationship will play a much more prominent role in X-men Dark Phoenix compared to X3. I know that's not saying much, but I find that very refreshing because that relationship is one of the most important driving forces in the Phoenix Saga. You really can't have a Phoenix Saga with the necessary drama and omit Cyclops/Jean. X3 tried and the whole movie suffered because of it. But the less said about that the better. Here's an article from GeekyRant depicting the role of the Cyclops/Jean relationship in the movie. And here's a quote from Simon Kinberg that should get Cyclops/Jean fans excited.

"The one mutant who never wavers from Team Jean is Scott (Tye Sheridan), a.k.a. Cyclops."

Simon Kinberg went on to say that keeping their story intact was extremely important to the filmmakers. He also explains that it's the emotional core of the film.

"That relationship, his being willing to kill or die for her, is a huge part of the emotional core of the movie. It also makes Scott start to have to become a leader."
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Just because Claremont ship Scott with his creation doesn't mean he has to hate on jott just because that. Makes Jean and Scott look like fools
    Well Claremont wanted for Jean to stay dead because it would have had way more impact, before that he was totally a Jott shipper, I'm mean DPS is all about them and it's their greatest story. But when the editorial made her return and Scott go to her again, he didn't like it but instead of punishing the editorial in a good way he used Cyke and punished him by getting the whole Jogan ****. But thanks to the others writters we got past that (then Morrison entered in the way but welp)

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted here already, but it looks like the Cyclops/Jean relationship will play a much more prominent role in X-men Dark Phoenix compared to X3. I know that's not saying much, but I find that very refreshing because that relationship is one of the most important driving forces in the Phoenix Saga. You really can't have a Phoenix Saga with the necessary drama and omit Cyclops/Jean. X3 tried and the whole movie suffered because of it. But the less said about that the better. Here's an article from GeekyRant depicting the role of the Cyclops/Jean relationship in the movie. And here's a quote from Simon Kinberg that should get Cyclops/Jean fans excited.
    I'm definitly hype for this even if I don't like the cast for both of them, at least we will probably get a good Jott movie. I really hpe this will be about them and not about Xavier, Magnus and Mystic....

So in X men Blue today they had a few moments

spoilers:
    It looks like they are comfortable around each other and holding on to one another. Ex the part when Tykes seems to find Bstorm hot. Jean gets angry at him and tells him not to sound like a pig. But she is right they are in the middle of a fight and that was a bit too occ for Tyke. Later they are holding on to one another again, seems like they need to work on some stuff. This is like Jeen finding Jimmy cute.
    end of spoilers

Somebody needs to tell me how to post large scans....

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    So in X men Blue today they had a few moments

spoilers:
    It looks like they are comfortable around each other and holding on to one another. Ex the part when Tykes seems to find Bstorm hot. Jean gets angry at him and tells him not to sound like a pig. But she is right they are in the middle of a fight and that was a bit too occ for Tyke. Later they are holding on to one another again, seems like they need to work on some stuff. This is like Jeen finding Jimmy cute.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I took it as being more of a stray thought, rather than Tyke actively thinking about it, and we all have those from time to time. It's something they would inevitably need to work on if they end up together, because people are going to have stray thoughts and they are going to find other people attractive from time to time.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    spoilers:
    I took it as being more of a stray thought, rather than Tyke actively thinking about it, and we all have those from time to time. It's something they would inevitably need to work on if they end up together, because people are going to have stray thoughts and they are going to find other people attractive from time to time.
    end of spoilers
    In a sense, that's very relevant to their relationship because it has been such a major source of conflict, going all the way back to the days of Uncanny X-men. That's why I think it's a good thing that Cullen Bunn is exploring it in X-men Blue and that's coming from someone who was dead set against even a hint of a love triangle. However, in reading X-men Blue, I'm somewhat relieved that Bunn has not taken the same approach as Chris Claremont or Grant Morrison. He seems more intent on exploring the tensions between Cyclops and Jean as their relationship blossoms. Remember, these are not full-fledged adults. They're teenagers. We can't judge their chemistry by the same standards we would use for their adult counterparts, even before they got married. And I think that's entirely appropriate for this story. I hope this and the next few arcs explore it even more. I imagine adult Jean's return will certainly change things.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I said this on the jean appreciation thread. I believe bunn only teased jean/scott to have something to break. I love jean, scott and jott, it's just that if marvel is going to pair them with other people there was no need to mess with them again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I said this on the jean appreciation thread. I believe bunn only teased jean/scott to have something to break. I love jean, scott and jott, it's just that if marvel is going to pair them with other people there was no need to mess with them again.
    I hope they pair Tyke with America Chaves (BRUJA!) then they can go watch the disaster artist together

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    In a sense, that's very relevant to their relationship because it has been such a major source of conflict, going all the way back to the days of Uncanny X-men. That's why I think it's a good thing that Cullen Bunn is exploring it in X-men Blue and that's coming from someone who was dead set against even a hint of a love triangle. However, in reading X-men Blue, I'm somewhat relieved that Bunn has not taken the same approach as Chris Claremont or Grant Morrison. He seems more intent on exploring the tensions between Cyclops and Jean as their relationship blossoms. Remember, these are not full-fledged adults. They're teenagers. We can't judge their chemistry by the same standards we would use for their adult counterparts, even before they got married. And I think that's entirely appropriate for this story. I hope this and the next few arcs explore it even more. I imagine adult Jean's return will certainly change things.
    Like Melodet said, Tyke was having a stray though I didn't read to much into it and jealousy and 3rd party's will play a part in them building a stronger relationship. A adult would know that thinking someone is hot or cute is not the same as Loving someone and having strong desire to be with them.

and lets hope Bunn will let them be together, but they need to go threw stuff to get a really strong connection and I think the 1st trial is what is happening in the jean gray book.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I hope they pair Tyke with America Chaves (BRUJA!) then they can go watch the disaster artist together
    Chaves is a lesbian. what is wrong wirh Cyclops fans?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Chaves is a lesbian. what is wrong wirh Cyclops fans?
    is meant as a joke

Well, there goes our hope of having Jott with Teen versions.

You guys are way too pessimist. This is clearly meant to be Jott drama, I really doubt they're gonna start pushing Tyke and Bloodstorm as OTP lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You guys are way too pessimist. This is clearly meant to be Jott drama, I really doubt they're gonna start pushing Tyke and Bloodstorm as OTP lol.
    If they stay in this timeline