Page 6 of 247 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Adriana is asking $180 for a black/white character with minimal background or $240 for full background (she counted Jean's head as full background and not as a 2nd character which is more expensive) for a 11x17 inches.

Her grey tones are a lot more expensive: $480 for a 11x17 inches.
    You can check her prices here: http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=158442

She is fantastic and she works pretty fast. Most artists are just doing "pin-up" style commissions. But for the 2 with Jean & Scott, I described her the kind of "mood" I wanted and she made 3 drafts. They were exactly what I wanted so I ended-up asking her to do 2 of them instead of 1 (I wanted something that reminded the scene and mood when Scott, Jean and Cable were waiting the end of the universe just before the original AoA)

Here is the 3 drafts:
    Thanks. Those are really cool
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=158442

Pretty expensive

https://www.instagram.com/p/BM7s_5NDJdT/
    This guy is pretty good and rates are reasonable
    Thanks. I'll keep this site in mind
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Oh, I have this one! It's more about Jean's life but Scott is a big part of her life so...

Pencil is by Eduardo Pansica. Inking by Eber Ferreira and colors by Jeff Balke.
    I really like this one in color! It shows early Jean as very powerful!

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Adriana is asking $180 for a black/white character with minimal background or $240 for full background (she counted Jean's head as full background and not as a 2nd character which is more expensive) for a 11x17 inches.

Her grey tones are a lot more expensive: $480 for a 11x17 inches.
    You can check her prices here: http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=158442

She is fantastic and she works pretty fast. Most artists are just doing "pin-up" style commissions. But for the 2 with Jean & Scott, I described her the kind of "mood" I wanted and she made 3 drafts. They were exactly what I wanted so I ended-up asking her to do 2 of them instead of 1 (I wanted something that reminded the scene and mood when Scott, Jean and Cable were waiting the end of the universe just before the original AoA)

Here is the 3 drafts:
    You mean this page?
    Funny I think Google search found from your website, lol

You mean this page?

Yes, that scene I think it was really special: they were all here together, finally at peace with themselves and each waiting, in his or her way the end of the universe. At the end, the whole 616 ceased to exist, the books were canceled and the month after they were replaced by Age of Apocalyse.

There was a lot more emotions and "humanity" in that issue than in the ones leading to SW/Battleworld.
    Last edited by Narasinha; 04-28-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Oh, I have this one! It's more about Jean's life but Scott is a big part of her life so...

Pencil is by Eduardo Pansica. Inking by Eber Ferreira and colors by Jeff Balke.
    Wow. I can't believe how talented some people are. That is so amazing!

Yes, that scene I think it was really special: they were all here together, finally at peace with themselves and each waiting, in his or her way the end of the universe. At the end, the whole 616 ceased to exist, the books were canceled and the month after they were replaced by Age of Apocalyse.

There was a lot more emotions and "humanity" in that issue than in the ones leading to SW/Battleworld.
    I remember reading this, but I can't remember what issue it's from. Was it in Uncanny or Cable?

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I remember reading this, but I can't remember what issue it's from. Was it in Uncanny or Cable?
    Cable #20. The end of the Legion Quest storyline.

They tried to do the same with all the "the end" in the various books in Time Run Out. But imho, they totally failed to make it feel important. In Time Run Out, it was all bright light and loud noise. The end of Legion Quest was all about emotions and moods. Even reading it after, when you know that AoA is only temporary, there is a feeling of closure. Of something arriving at a end and of a page being turned. There is nothing like that in Time Run Out.
    Last edited by Narasinha; 04-28-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks. I'll keep this site in mind
    scott & jean.jpg
    Brian did that scott and jean for me. I think it was just 60 dollars plus a small amount for shipping.
    Last edited by Legaldrugdealer; 04-28-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Cable #20. The end of the Legion Quest storyline.

They tried to do the same with all the "the end" in the various books in Time Run Out. But imho, they totally failed to make it feel important. In Time Run Out, it was all bright light and loud noise. The end of Legion Quest was all about emotions and moods. Even reading it after, when you know that AoA is only temporary, there is a feeling of closure. Of something arriving at a end and of a page being turned. There is nothing like that in Time Run Out.
    Thanks. I thought it was Cable but just couldn't remember for sure. Thought it might have also been in Uncanny. I wish Marvel would reprint Cable and X-Man in Deluxe Editions or Omnis.

scott & jean.jpg
    Brian did that scott and jean for me. I think it was just 60 dollars plus a small amount for shipping.
    That's not bad at all. Thanks for letting me know

That's not bad at all. Thanks for letting me know
    Yeah no problem. If you don't wanna spend too much money for your first time, Brian is a good way to go. Though once you start it becomes a slippery slope as I'm sure Narasinha can attest to, lol

Yeah no problem. If you don't wanna spend too much money for your first time, Brian is a good way to go. Though once you start it becomes a slippery slope as I'm sure Narasinha can attest to, lol
    Oh, I'm sure. It's probably addicting like buying statues or comics. I've only had one commission done and it was by a poster on another board and he only charged me like $40 and it turned out exactly perfect, like he could see the image in my mind. It's Thor beating the crud out of Superman. I need to get it framed though. I also purchased another commission from someone who had a professional artist do a piece. It's X-O Manowar holding a sword. It was waaaaaay back when I used to like the classic X-O Manowar comic. It's really cool. But that's all I have acquired.

I would love to get a commission piece of Rogue done, or Scott and Jean.

lol yeah. As much as I would love a Phoenix commission by Mark Brooks, I don't think I can afford it...

Another way to get commission for a low price is to look at people offering to draw one for you on EBay. There is some very good artists with very reasonable prices as long as you are not looking to get one from someone famous. For example, this guy is doing very nice ones, in color, for $80:
    http://www.ebay.com/usr/virtualmagic...p2047675.l2559

or this shop, also on eBay (they are doing painting):
    http://stores.ebay.com/portraitp/

Bill Sienkiewicz