Page 65 of 247 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Readers aren't stupid and would see right through that crap...Also Bunn forte is writing anti villains/heroes not romance and I'm sure he's forced into that book because magneto... Finally if I wanna read anthing tyke decent I'll go to champions, according to the guys at marvel forum he's the only character written decently there and I agree
    yeah, tyke in champions is awesome. I wish he could get half the respect and charaterization in the x-books.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Well, this is not the conversation I hoped to inspire when I asked the question about how the Fox/Disney merger would affect the relationship. This is supposed to be an appreciation thread and there are already countless other threads debating love triangles and why it derailed the previous X-men movies. I don't think it's a good idea to have those conversations here because they always go off the rails. They always turn into arguments over head-canon and nobody can win those arguments. Ever.

I'd rather focus more on the future with Cyclops/Jean. Based on what has been teased with X-men: Dark Phoenix, the Cyclops/Jean relationship will be a major factor. Simon Kinberg said outright that the only person who never truly gives up on Jean in this movie is Cyclops. And I think that's a perfect embodiment of the kind of relationship they had in the comics, especially during the Dark Phoenix Saga. If you go back and watch the Phoenix Saga from the animated series, which should be the model for any Phoenix Saga, Cyclops never waivers in supporting her. He keeps trying to reach her and to save her, leaving her to make the ultimate sacrifice in the end. She doesn't ask anyone to kill her or force someone to stab her like a total coward (sorry I had to mention X3 again, but it's a valid point here). She makes that choice.

Contrary to what I've heard some say here on this thread, X-men Apocalypse did a lot to set Cyclops/Jean up. Those two had more than a couple scenes where they showed the spark that eventually blossomed into romance. Just look at the scene where Cyclops first sees her and look at how Jean reacts to his presence. That's the foundation. The fact that they didn't take it too far too fast was a good thing, in my opinion. That means there's a lot of room to grow in X-men: Dark Phoenix. It could finally present the Cyclops/Jean relationship at its best and I hope it succeeds in that respect.

That success is something Disney certainly will recognize. They respond positively to success. Just look at how much they pushed Frozen after its success exceeded so many expectations. And Disney does still do romance. Just look at Beauty and the Beast. Also, Ant Man had some romantic sub-plots. And the only reason those sub-plots didn't make into Thor and Iron Man is because the actresses involved didn't want to do more movies. Well, with X-men, it's a bit easier because Cyclops and Jean Grey are core characters. You can't really have the classic X-men without them. They're not like Spider-Man, who has a long list of romantic interests. And the prospect of more romance is already in the works with Ant Man and Wasp, as well. If that proves successful, then that bodes well for Cyclops/Jean as well.

It's still possible that Marvel Studios will entirely scrap the events of X-men: Dark Phoenix, even if it turns out to be a hit. It's also possible that X-men: Dark Phoenix will bomb. However, based on all the news surrounding the production of that movie, it was much more positive than what we saw with X-men: Apocalypse. The drama surrounding Bryan Singer is not there anymore and Simon Kinberg has gone on record as saying he recognizes what didn't work with that movie. Also, all the actors and actresses involved, including Sophie Turner and Tye Sherridan, seem to speak highly of the process. I think when there's that kind of harmony in the production of a movie, it shows on the screen.

In any case, I think it's in the best interest of Cyclops/Jean for the movie to succeed. Disney responds to success, more so than most. And X-men Dark Phoenix could certainly lay the foundation.
    I do not want to delude myself but I've seen that Sophie Turner and Tye Sherridan have a lot of chemistry, that's good and if Marvel sees it, he can create a good story with Jean and Scott

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I do not want to delude myself but I've seen that Sophie Turner and Tye Sherridan have a lot of chemistry, that's good and if Marvel sees it, he can create a good story with Jean and Scott
    I saw her forehead and tye sheridan 7-8/10 looks getting blocked by those shades, not even Charlie Cox has that problem

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

the favorite x mans
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Found this on FaceBook. Don't know if its a legit pic from X-men Dark Phoenix, but I hope it is.

Scottjean.jpg
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Just thought I'd post this little teaser from Phoenix Resurrection that I found in another thread. spoilers:
    img_1795.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

BANNED

Just thought I'd post this little teaser from Phoenix Resurrection that I found in another thread. spoilers:
    img_1795.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Are you sure that's cyclops? He gots lot of fans in universe?

Quote Originally Posted by marvelmaster616 View Post
    just thought i'd post this little teaser from phoenix resurrection that i found in another thread. spoilers:
    img_1795.jpg
    end of spoilers
    haaaaaaa i want this so badly

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    haaaaaaa i want this so badly
    Yes, I too will be scouring Ebay and MyComicShop.com for every possible variant. I have a feeling they're going to be pretty pricey, though. Worth it!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

img_1795.jpg
    end of spoilers
    wonderful. i'm really hyped

Evo had the best portrayal of the two of them in any adaptation. And perhaps not just as a pairing, but as individuals as well. It's certainly the case for Jean in animated adaptations.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

img_1795.jpg
    end of spoilers
    knowing our luck, this is just gonna be a moment where Jean says she got over Cyclcops years ago or something to put salt in the wound.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    knowing our luck, this is just gonna be a moment where Jean says she got over Cyclcops years ago or something to put salt in the wound.

Sadly I would not be surprised.
    Personally I think it will be a memory, a hallucination or a dream of Jean or some metamorph that uses the Scott way to make fun of Jean, I do not think Scott is back so soon.
    I really hope they do not use Jean to put more salt in the wound and hurt even more jott