Page 7 of 247 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    lol yeah. As much as I would love a Phoenix commission by Mark Brooks, I don't think I can afford it...

Another way to get commission for a low price is to look at people offering to draw one for you on EBay. There is some very good artists with very reasonable prices as long as you are not looking to get one from someone famous. For example, this guy is doing very nice ones, in color, for $80:
    http://www.ebay.com/usr/virtualmagic...p2047675.l2559

or this shop, also on eBay (they are doing painting):
    http://stores.ebay.com/portraitp/
    You still waiting on that paolo piece I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    You still waiting on that paolo piece I assume?
    Yep. I doubt I will ever get it ; ;

Yep. I doubt I will ever get it ; ;
    Yeah I think he asked me If I wanted a commission,but after what you told me, I was like I'm good. I have one from Ale garza I doubt I'll ever get also

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Steve Rude (not one of my commission):

That's neat. Lot of detail in it. Very nice!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Yeah I think he asked me If I wanted a commission,but after what you told me, I was like I'm good. I have one from Ale garza I doubt I'll ever get also
    So you paid for them, but haven't received them yet? How long has it been?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    So you paid for them, but haven't received them yet? How long has it been?
    Yeah, it was a black friday special from 2015
    It's been about 17 months on garza,last year's excuse was because of newborn child which was reasonable. This year is trying to launch ninja boy again. At least he answers although it takes a few emails to even get a response. So take home message unless it's quickie thing at a con, stay away from home commissions from bigger names.
    Last edited by Legaldrugdealer; 04-28-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Yeah, it was a black friday special from 2015
    It's been about 17 months on garza,last year's excuse was because of newborn child which was reasonable. This year is trying to launch ninja boy again. At least he answers although it takes a few emails to even get a response. So take home message unless it's quickie thing at a con, stay away from home commissions from bigger names.
    That's crazy. If I didn't receive the commission with a year, I would just ask for my money back.

Wow, Jott and Scemma threads created within a day of each other. The boards, they getting soapy. I love it. Watch the bubbles fly.

Damn am I torn on who I ship here. I grew up loving Jott. Being as young as I was during the DPS it left a huge impression on me as to what true (teenage) love was all about. Years later I drifted away from comics and didn't come back until well into the Whedon run and all the sudden we have Scemma. I hated the pairing at first, not because I thought it wasn't good storytelling but because of how I felt about Scott and Jean together. As time passed though I began to see how Emma and Scott very clearly filled wholes that existed in Scott and Jean's relationship. Emma was clearly so madly in love with Scott and her deep desire to be wanted by him pulled at my heart strings. I think they went downhill as a couple over time but I do have a soft spot for these two.

Looking back on it I have to say if pressed that Jott is it for me. There's just too much of Jean wrapped up in Scott and vice versa. They complete each other in a way that Scemma never could. Scemma always felt like two very damaged people finding solace in each other. Somehow, and I can't exactly quantify this, Jott just seemed more pure. If Emma would have been part of X-men back in '63 instead of Jean I might feel differently but all those year of Scott and Jean's love surviving one test after another. Despite how it ended I still think it's meant to be - does that make sense?

I don't care. I just love them together. I hope to see them together again... soon.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Wow, Jott and Scemma threads created within a day of each other. The boards, they getting soapy. I love it. Watch the bubbles fly.

Damn am I torn on who I ship here. I grew up loving Jott. Being as young as I was during the DPS it left a huge impression on me as to what true (teenage) love was all about. Years later I drifted away from comics and didn't come back until well into the Whedon run and all the sudden we have Scemma. I hated the pairing at first, not because I thought it wasn't good storytelling but because of how I felt about Scott and Jean together. As time passed though I began to see how Emma and Scott very clearly filled wholes that existed in Scott and Jean's relationship. Emma was clearly so madly in love with Scott and her deep desire to be wanted by him pulled at my heart strings. I think they went downhill as a couple over time but I do have a soft spot for these two.

Looking back on it I have to say if pressed that Jott is it for me. There's just too much of Jean wrapped up in Scott and vice versa. They complete each other in a way that Scemma never could. Scemma always felt like two very damaged people finding solace in each other. Somehow, and I can't exactly quantify this, Jott just seemed more pure. If Emma would have been part of X-men back in '63 instead of Jean I might feel differently but all those year of Scott and Jean's love surviving one test after another. Despite how it ended I still think it's meant to be - does that make sense?

I don't care. I just love them together. I hope to see them together again... soon.
    I can totally understand where you're coming from. I grew up with so much X-Men multimedia around me and Cyclops and Jean were the premier X-Couple at the time. I really loved the two characters together in the cartoon X-Men Evolution when it aired back in the early 2000s and in the X-Men Legends videogames. While I personally ship and prefer Scemma, I can appreciate the relationship Jean and Scott had. They positively impacted each when they were at their best and their first love trope still affects the characters in more contemporary stories. I guess it boils down to preference, but its hard to deny that this was the most iconic romance written in the X-Books.

I think my favorite moment from evolution

Love all the great pics here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post

Actually the Scemma thread was created more than a year ago. It was just a coincidence(was it really? ) that this was created on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Love all the great pics here.
    Yep. I love those commission pieces.

Forgot I had these