Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I miss Chris...will he ever be back?
    I doubt it. I don't see the point of him returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I doubt it. I don't see the point of him returning.
    Well in that case whats the point of Conner returning?

I dunno... Conner has his fans, a lot of fans that want him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I dunno... Conner has his fans, a lot of fans that want him back.
    There is really no point. Jon takes both Conner's and Christ places.

He was part of an specific generation, a relevant character of a high quality tv series (which will have a new season soon) and had a ongoing series of 100 issues. Chris, well, he was the mcguffin of a saga which was plagued by delays and oversteped in another development with an abrupt end.

Could he return? Of course, any character can return. The trick is found a niche where you can make him work.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Well, Jon takes the place of many, including Superman in some time.

Jon takes Kon codename. But the role of Kon was taken by Super-Man (Kenan Kong).
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I was born in 1993, like Kon... I think that we will not know anything about him until 2018, 25th anniversary..

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Jon takes Kon codename. But the role of Kon was taken by Super-Man (Kenan Kong).
    I think that... this is the reason of his sales... Kon-el fans who want his character(no kenan) donīt buy the comic, despite the comic is funny..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-23-2017 at 03:51 AM.

BANNED

Kon shouldn't be compared to chris,anyone who actively read DC comics from 93 on could tell you how much more Kon was a part of the DCU than Chris was.

Now Chris could easily be brought back also,I mean his psycho dad is around now,and there is talk of the phantom zone again,so it is very possible.

Cir-el was a idea that could have been done better imo,and yeah I want her back also.

Kenan is a kid who lived a normal life up to recently being given the powers,so NO it is NOTHING like kons role folks.

Not to mention Kon has not had the "role" that Kenan fills for a long while now,Kon is in a totally different place in his life.

Kon is NOT a part of the "current" timeline/history,so using hypertime to pull a Kon that is "exactly" like the old/original timeline and have him saved from being erased and to survive on the main earth would work.he would see everyone and everything the way we all have before flashpoint,but now had to find a new purpose.thsts where the more covert hero type idea could.come in,have him act and work closer to his YJ self,but with all the original post crisis history behind him.

Hell he could.call himself Black Zero and team up with kesel/grummetts Team Zero,it would almost be a full circle for him and his creators.

Imagine YJ Kon with age triggered heat vision and super hearing,and TTK that works consciously and has sensory application that perceives things on a micro vibratory level.

I was thinking about having Connor pop up in Mr. oz's cells and forming a friendship with Tim. I wanted to play up the clone aspect by having Conner realize he's the 3rd or 5th iteration of kon-el. That opens up questions of identity and allows them to acknowledge past versions of Conner while creating their own unique version. I guess most of the drama would come from him trying to figure out how to live up to his predecessors but not sure how. He also has to live with who his predecessors were so callbacks can be made to his history.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-23-2017 at 04:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was thinking about having Connor pop up in Mr. oz's cells and forming a friendship with Tim. I wanted to play up the clone aspect by having Conner realize he's the 3rd or 5th iteration of kon-el. That opens up questions of identity and allows them to acknowledge past versions of Conner while creating their own unique version. I guess most of the drama would come from him trying to figure out how to live up to his predecessors but not sure how. He also has to live with who his predecessors were so callbacks can be made to his history.

That is a really interesting idea,aslong as this new Kon has genetic memory of all the past kon's I would be for that.mostly cause I think every version of Kon is flawed(yes I said that).kesel,Geoff,lobdell,they all are great,but don't work as they were to go forward imo.we need a composite,and fresh Kon imo both to work.most fans of Kon through the over 2 decades of his life can tell you or atleast feel what is Kon and what ismt,even with there being so many different versions,some things are just right and still works.

-new cadmus created kon,still in a cloning tube

- in Oz's cell waiting to be brought back

- hypertime gives us either a perfect replica of the pre flashpoint Kon or we get a composite version that works to bring all his fans together (finally).

Spectacular Member

Although I am not really happy with N52 Supes more or less being removed, I have been enjoying the current Superman titles. I absolutely think bringing Conner, Chris, and Cir-El back would be great. Just prior to Rebirth, I was excited at the idea of the Super-League or something like an even wider Superman Family. We have something like that now with Lana, John Henry, Natasha, Kenan, and Jon, but including the other characters would be really cool and help tie together the present and past. More would be better.

I can see Oz's prison as a place for a lot of stolen characters.
    Last edited by cxranger; 05-25-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Okay, here's a thought : how would you, fans of Kon-el/Conner Kent would have reacted if the reason Superman was losing his powers during Truth would have been because he was in fact Kon "repurposed" by Doctor Manhattan or Mr. Oz and that the opposing's one was trying to return him forcefully to his previous-levels ?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Okay, here's a thought : how would you, fans of Kon-el/Conner Kent would have reacted if the reason Superman was losing his powers during Truth would have been because he was in fact Kon "repurposed" by Doctor Manhattan or Mr. Oz and that the opposing's one was trying to return him forcefully to his previous-levels ?
    I can absolutely see that. The whole "Reborn" storyline is full of uncertainty, especially in the Trinity tie-in issue. I can see that things are still being settled and we actually find out N52 Superman was Conner standing in until Kal-El returned.

BANNED

With rebirth i cant see Connor and real Bart not returning.