Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite X-Man?

Default Favorite X-Man

Well, who's your favorite X-character?
    Comment their name(s), explain why they're your favorite, and post a pic of them. (And yeah, Deadpool, villains, and members of spin-off teams count.)
    I'll start.

Old Man Logan
    It's like he's Wolverine and Terminator mixed together! What's not to like?
    Plus his story is really good so far.
    A story about a beaten down old man with a bad past trying to set things right.
    IMG_5159.jpg
    Last edited by Geek Mangacomic; 04-28-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Cyclops.jpg

cyclops. he's hands down the mutant who has done the most for the cause and is an amazing tactician

Magik

The X-Men have always walked the line between light and darkness and none have shown that dichotomy better than Illyana Rasputin.

On a personal level, for me, Illyana embodies those feelings of "other" on multiple levels: Gender, sexual identity, abuse survivor, loss of innocence, self worth, rebellion, etc etc.

Following her struggles, successes and failures has been a therapeutic and encouraging experience and to that end further solidifies the importance of varied representation in fiction and the impact it can have on the audience at large -- however minor or significant.

Astonishing Member

In the past: Wolverine (before he was Immortal or whatever he is) and Collossus. Nightcrawler.

Now: Collossus and Nightcrawler :-)

Other faves: Marrow, Xorn and Stacey X

BANNED

The combination of her background of abuse and suffering, and her drive to become a better and more complete person despite it, drew me in.

Northstar. "Good" doesn't always equal "nice" and I find that characters who operate along those lines make for entertaining contrast. I can admire selfless heroes, but I relate more to the reluctant ones, the guys who ask, "Just why are we risking our necks for these assholes again?" Plus I've always enjoyed just how few fucks he tends to give about what other people think.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 04-27-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post

Northstar. "Good" doesn't always equal "nice" and I fine characters who operate along those lines make for entertaining contrast. I can admire selfless heroes, but I relate more to the reluctant ones, the guys who ask, "Just why are we risking our necks for these assholes again?" Plus I've always enjoyed just how few fucks he tends to give about what other people think.
    Here Here!
    Great lil' summary. Love it. Love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Here Here!
    Great lil' summary. Love it. Love him.
    Thanks. I could have gone on for a bit longer, but I don't think the OP was looking for an essay. But I do wonder where our snarkier crew - Northstar, Magik, Frenzy, Hellion, etc. - are hiding post-relaunch. We've got Quire coming up, but that seems to be it outside of guest-shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Thanks. I could have gone on for a bit longer, but I don't think the OP was looking for an essay. But I do wonder where our snarkier crew - Northstar, Magik, Frenzy, Hellion, etc. - are hiding post-relaunch. We've got Quire coming up, but that seems to be it outside of guest-shots.
    The missing batch of fan faves would certainly make for a compelling dynamic to read.

C'mon Marvel. Get our angsty bunch a book already.

All these paragraph long responses make me wanna make one too.

Well, as I stated in the OP my favorite is
    Old Man Logan
    IMG_8342.jpg
    He's my favorite because he's this grizzled, beaten down older version of Wolverine. To me he represents a war veteran, which I think I can relate to because of my family has a lot of those. I mean, the original Wolverine was my favorite for years, and when he died I just binged a bunch of back issues of his repeatedly. And I noticed all the terrible stories he's had. Romulus was a crap concept, and so was the fact that he invented Weapon X. And him being a teacher. And Avenger. To be honest, Old Man Logan is like a giant reboot of the character, and since he's from an AU we don't know his history yet, which is great because that means a lot of the things that broke his character may not even exist anymore, which I love.

Extraordinary Member

It's the combination of such overwhelming tragedy with such overwhelming badassery that draws me in. In the 80s she was practically Shakeprearean. Reading her it was obvious that to matter how hard she tried she would never have a happy ending. Her internal conflict was 1 which she could never win, but she could win today, and say 'I will not fall today.'

In more recent years she's been allowed to actually accomplish things. Her killing Belasco and the Elder Gods has not been undone, which is very unusual for a comic book character. Plus she has had all the best lines. 'How was Hell?' 'How many sleeps?' ect.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Multiple Man. PAD's Madrox limited series hit at a point in my life where I could really dig Jamie's aimless "I can do everything, so why cant I decide on anything" ennui really resonated with me. The X-Factor series that followed was a consistent bright spot in my pull list.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I generally like most X-characters, a list of who I have never really cared for would be much shorter. As for a one above all favorite, it tends to vary depending on how well they're being written or if they're being featured at all. So currently it would probably be Bunn's Jean, and although I'm not terribly enjoying Gold, I do think Guggenheim understands and writes Kitty very well (aside from this insipid Colossus subplot). My favorite all around character at the moment is Thompson's Hawkeye. I also imagine this will change with the launch of Gen X and the Iceman solo.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

IMG_6806.jpg

Jubilation Lee

Jubilee always sticks with the theme of family, loyalty, and dedication. Ever since she met and rescued Logan and was welcomed to the team, she has helped the X-Men remember that they are a family. From her friendships with Logan, Beast, Jean, Colossus, Xavier, Storm, and even Kitty... to adopting Shogo much like they did with her. She has always been loyal to the team and has put her life on the line.
    Jubes is also positive... trying to make light of the worst situations with sarcasm, humor, or anecdotes... even after she has lost so much, including her own humanity as a vampire.
    As for her powers- they have variety. She doesn't have restrictions with her pyrokinesis, and can weild great explosive damage. With her vampire powers, she can go toe to toe with X-23, take down several sentinels, hordes of zombies, etc. however, she has not once lost control of either power set and killed a human enemy. She has pure morals even as a vampire, which speaks for her heroism and self control.