Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    This thread reeks of homophobia. The 05 should be sent home; not to mention all the versions of Wolverine and Jean Grey running around. But to only solo out Iceman...

You mean the ONE version of Jean running around? Who else do you mean?

As for the topic, no adult Iceman should not die. I'm liking young Bobby more right now, but if we can have a bunch of Iron Men, Thor etc, we can have 2 Icemen.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    How so?

I ask because I get a feeling this is directed towards my comments.
    This wasn't about you specifically. You seem open to discussion and still supportive of Iceman as a character. But these threads about Iceman get hateful so quickly. The topic is should Iceman DIE. Iceman who is finally come out after long fan theories of being gay and finally getting his own solo series, yet no mention of any issues with the rest of the 05, or OML appearing in every book, or the many spin off or legacy characters of Wolverine and Jean Grey that are always around.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    You mean the ONE version of Jean running around? Who else do you mean?

As for the topic, no adult Iceman should not die. I'm liking young Bobby more right now, but if we can have a bunch of Iron Men, Thor etc, we can have 2 Icemen.
    Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Madelyne Prior, Hope Summers, Teen Jean. There is usually at least two of those around at the same time.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

No.

For the simple fact that characters aren't ever killed off in their own solo book (Wolverine being an exception because he always is the exception).

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

This wasn't about you specifically. You seem open to discussion and still supportive of Iceman as a character. But these threads about Iceman get hateful so quickly. The topic is should Iceman DIE. Iceman who is finally come out after long fan theories of being gay and finally getting his own solo series, yet no mention of any issues with the rest of the 05, or OML appearing in every book, or the many spin off or legacy characters of Wolverine and Jean Grey that are always around.
    I did address the rest of the O5 in my OP.... I am certainly not a homophobe, at least not that I'm at all aware of. maybe "subconsciously" it influences my perspective but in that case I just don't know. I don't believe so.

I don't hate adult iceman either but I mean, my point is how similar he and the younger are. What distinguishes them so much?

Rachel is not "a version of" Jean....Hope sure but she's not in anything.... teen Jean obviously IS yes. Madelyne isn't in anything.

I totally agree there are too many Wolvie-type characters, but the original Wolverine IS currently dead. Bad example for you to choose?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I gotcha. My scenario of each being a different sexuality was just sort of a pipe dream. I would have been interested in reading about that. As it is, I'm still just as interested in reading about Bobby Drake.

Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Madelyne Prior, Hope Summers, Teen Jean. There is usually at least two of those around at the same time.
    Rachel, Hope and Maddie are not really versions of Jean, er... Derived characters, sure, but they have their own personality, background and name, and you know, aren't literally a version of Jean from another time or reality like the O5...

BANNED

If it's an epic final battle that truly represents his inner hero and allows him to unleash his full potential to save his family, then Yeah. If it was written in a proper and respectful way to the character and his history.

i used to really be an Iceman fan, but have recently gone away from the character, mostly due to him being a whiny baby toward Scott. i don't think adult Bobby should die, but if they wanted to get rid of all of the O5, i would absolutely be for that

No. if anyone is going to die its the young redundant Bobby.