Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 *Spoilers*

Movie was cool. Still like the first better overall, but this was just as entertaining I'd say. Stay for what should be 3 post credit scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Movie was cool. Still like the first better overall, but this was just as entertaining I'd say. Stay for what should be 3 post credit scenes.
    Thanks for the spoiler-laden review boss.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The movie was very entertaining. Entertaining is certainly the most apt word, the 2,5 hours flew away in a fashion that i have nerver experienced with such a long movie. That is not to say it's without flaws. I'm sure I could find plenty if I wanted to, but I don't. Me and my friends left the theater with smiles on our faces and that is more then enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Thanks for the spoiler-laden review boss.
    You're welcome. Now don't say I never did anything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    The movie was very entertaining. Entertaining is certainly the most apt word, the 2,5 hours flew away in a fashion that i have nerver experienced with such a long movie. That is not to say it's without flaws. I'm sure I could find plenty if I wanted to, but I don't. Me and my friends left the theater with smiles on our faces and that is more then enough for me.
    I think it did slow down towards the middle and seem to go from character to character with sob story scenes revolving around family issues. Peter's dad being a bad guy also seemed pretty predictable to me. I was just waiting for the moment where the light switch was turned on, and when Mantis started acting shady, it was like "what took you so long".

Oh and Elizabeth Debicki is hot. Just sayin. Too bad she would dwarf my 5'10" height.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 04-27-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Fantastic Member

man... i was really moved by the ending.... that was wow..... and i didnt even like the character. but how they executed really did it for me.

I need help on identifying Sly's group. other than martinex being visually obvious. My reaction to the woman was... was that Hela? she looked like she was the one in the Thor Ragnarok trailer! Lol

I like how self sustained the story is. it wasnt a set up to infinity war. i mean if i didnt know already, i would have thought they wouldnt be included in the infinity war movie.

also ADAM FREAKING WARLOCK! (only i didnt really say FREAKING). i hope he gets included somehow in infinity war.

Hold it. I thought Warlock''s cocoon was already open at the end of the first movie. So...was that tomb in the cocoon? Confused.

Fantastic Member

perhaps the one in the first movie wasnt warlock at all. it was never explicitly mentioned anyway.
    it feels odd that Her came before Him though.

Amazing Member

I really enjoyed this movie.

Even though the story of the movie isn't really fleshed out, (basically Ego wanting to take over the galaxy and they have to stop him) , the journey was awesome, i laughed a lot more in this one, the opening credits were great, the scene when rocket and yondu are in prison on the ravangers ship with baby groot bringing all the wrong stuff and the Taserface jokes were highlights for me.

i thought that their chemistry was brilliant, i loved the look of the movie with all the colors, and loved all the call backs to the first movie, with howard the duck, groot not moving when drax looked at him....

And really liked all the post credit scenes : teenage groot and the watchers especially.

not much i did not like about this movie.

Fantastic Member

if there was one thing id criticize in the movie, its that drax laugh. it really doesnt feel natural.

with the walkman destroyed, i wonder if we'll still have an awesome mix tape ? i mean sure he has a zune, but ... its not a mix tape. so maybe just a playlist ?

Quote Originally Posted by daisetsu100 View Post
    perhaps the one in the first movie wasnt warlock at all. it was never explicitly mentioned anyway.
    it feels odd that Her came before Him though.
    People often forget one thing with comics and, by extension, comic based films.

Never count an Easter Egg as canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    People often forget one thing with comics and, by extension, comic based films.

Never count an Easter Egg as canon.
    Canon is a phony term meant to define "what really happened" in fiction. It's fiction. None of it really happened if the next story has a different tale to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Canon is a phony term meant to define "what really happened" in fiction. It's fiction. None of it really happened if the next story has a different tale to tell.
    Some level of canon is needed in order to maintain the suspension of disbelief - a series needs to not contradict itself too much, especially if it is supposed to be rooted in science. You don't want the near unstoppable legions of conquering everything in sight wiped out by something they were stated to be immune to last episode.

On the flip side, you don't need to worry what the combination to Capt. Spiff's safe was in season 2 of the series when you are in season 8.

All-New Member

i enjoyed it was as good if not better than first

Fantastic Member

I liked it, very much taking a lot of worked the first time round and repeating that - which is not a bad thing, it worked the first time for a reason. Maybe slightly overdid it a little bit, some of the humour (Taser-Face in particular) felt a little bit try-hard and forced (though still very funny), a lot of things they threw in there didn't really seem to have an awful lot of point in the end - the OG Guardians as lead by Stallone for example were just there, if they wanted them in the third film they didn't actually NEED them in this one - save Star-Hawk himself for the sake of Yondu's arc.

I did actually quite like the way it wasn't all about the whole team, splitting them up worked for me. Rocket/Yondu, Gamora/Nebula and Ego/Peter all had some good stuff going on and some genuine emotional quality that would be harder to create if you had all of them on the screen at once. Drax/Mantis was comedic genius but again having that little pairing playing out away from the dramatic stuff probably was for the best.

Kurt Russell was very good, Ego being a villain in the end was pretty predictable but he made it worthwhile - and Michael Rooker is an absolutely incredible actor, it's terrible that he's been underused and relatively unknown for so long. Yondu's story was probably the bit I enjoyed most. On the other end of things, Dave Batista as Drax is pretty much a one-trick pony but it's a very good trick and partnering him up with Mantis got some more mileage out of a joke that probably would've worn thin quickly otherwise.

Best line for me: "... please tell me you have a jar full of severed thumbs..."