Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 *Spoilers*

Movie was cool. Still like the first better overall, but this was just as entertaining I'd say. Stay for what should be 3 post credit scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Movie was cool. Still like the first better overall, but this was just as entertaining I'd say. Stay for what should be 3 post credit scenes.
    Thanks for the spoiler-laden review boss.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The movie was very entertaining. Entertaining is certainly the most apt word, the 2,5 hours flew away in a fashion that i have nerver experienced with such a long movie. That is not to say it's without flaws. I'm sure I could find plenty if I wanted to, but I don't. Me and my friends left the theater with smiles on our faces and that is more then enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    The movie was very entertaining. Entertaining is certainly the most apt word, the 2,5 hours flew away in a fashion that i have nerver experienced with such a long movie. That is not to say it's without flaws. I'm sure I could find plenty if I wanted to, but I don't. Me and my friends left the theater with smiles on our faces and that is more then enough for me.
    I think it did slow down towards the middle and seem to go from character to character with sob story scenes revolving around family issues. Peter's dad being a bad guy also seemed pretty predictable to me. I was just waiting for the moment where the light switch was turned on, and when Mantis started acting shady, it was like "what took you so long".

Oh and Elizabeth Debicki is hot. Just sayin. Too bad she would dwarf my 5'10" height.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 04-27-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Fantastic Member

man... i was really moved by the ending.... that was wow..... and i didnt even like the character. but how they executed really did it for me.

I need help on identifying Sly's group. other than martinex being visually obvious. My reaction to the woman was... was that Hela? she looked like she was the one in the Thor Ragnarok trailer! Lol

I like how self sustained the story is. it wasnt a set up to infinity war. i mean if i didnt know already, i would have thought they wouldnt be included in the infinity war movie.

also ADAM FREAKING WARLOCK! (only i didnt really say FREAKING). i hope he gets included somehow in infinity war.

Hold it. I thought Warlock''s cocoon was already open at the end of the first movie. So...was that tomb in the cocoon? Confused.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daisetsu100 View Post

also ADAM FREAKING WARLOCK! (only i didnt really say FREAKING). i hope he gets included somehow in infinity war.
    Rumor is he will not be in Infinity War, but in the Avengers movie. I'll believe it when I see it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Thanks for the spoiler-laden review boss.
    You're welcome. Now don't say I never did anything for you.

Arcane_Master10

They made a song about the movie (no spoilers)
    https://youtu.be/fJobwk6lNnE

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I enjoyed this movie a great deal. At first I wasn't happy with the movies going against the comics in regards to Starlord's father. But looking at the movie on it's own merits and not from a comic fan point of view, it was a darn good movie. Lots of laughs, crazy action sequences and some tender moments. I give it 8/10.

Not quite as good as the first, but only by a smidge.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor