Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of criticism that the movie dragged a bit, but I didn't feel this at all.
    The first movie had virtually no drag to it. This one did but it was character moments. Every time it slowed down, it picked right back up. The only scene that overstayed was the Groot/Rocket/Yondu gag.

It was easily one of the 3 best-paced MCU movies.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I'm happy trading a little bit of action for more character moments. It means we get a better understanding of them, and it can make action scenes that much better (i.e. Civil War or Logan).

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    He will be in a dream or flashback in Guardians 3 probaly as part of Stalones Team. Gunn cant not have Rooker there
    Totally in for that. Like John Hurt at the beginning of Hellboy II.

One thing I forgot to mention: the movie continues that Hollywood franchise tradition of destroying cool vehicles introduced in previous movies. Hollywood loves doing that, whether it's the Enterprise, the Nebuchannezar, both Michael Keaton and Christian Bale's Batmobiles, etc. Here the Ravager mothership and the Milano are both totaled.

Of course, the door is always open for someone to rebuild the Milano just like in the first movie (the Nova Corps did it really quickly in the first movie, and Rocket's repair gun here was downright miraculous), but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the end of her.

Arcane_Master10

They made a song about the movie (no spoilers)
    https://youtu.be/fJobwk6lNnE

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention: the movie continues that Hollywood franchise tradition of destroying cool vehicles introduced in previous movies. Hollywood loves doing that, whether it's the Enterprise, the Nebuchannezar, both Michael Keaton and Christian Bale's Batmobiles, etc. Here the Ravager mothership and the Milano are both totaled.

Of course, the door is always open for someone to rebuild the Milano just like in the first movie (the Nova Corps did it really quickly in the first movie, and Rocket's repair gun here was downright miraculous), but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the end of her.
    I hope we get Ship in Volume 3. Hasselhoff can do the voice.

Or if they keep Ship female, Alyssa can do the voice.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well I enjoyed it, especially that they took time for many character moments. Nice to see at least a deliberate attempt at character development.

But it was pretty dark and murdery. Plus the funeral for Yondu - did I miss something? Yondu actually did traffick a child and the child he trafficked was killed. Stallone seemed right to ban Yondu and say he would never get the Ravager funeral but at the end there he was celebrating his life.

Not one I'll really ever bother to watch again, probably.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well I enjoyed it, especially that they took time for many character moments. Nice to see at least a deliberate attempt at character development.

But it was pretty dark and murdery. Plus the funeral for Yondu - did I miss something? Yondu actually did traffick a child and the child he trafficked was killed. Stallone seemed right to ban Yondu and say he would never get the Ravager funeral but at the end there he was celebrating his life.

Not one I'll really ever bother to watch again, probably.
    He died trying to right his wrongs. It's not a stretch to think that maybe people saw Yondu trying to redeem himself. The movie does say that when Yondu realized that the children were being harmed by their father he refused to deliver Peter. He did what he could to make up for his mistakes. People like that can be and are forgiven, but maybe if there was still a price/debt that needed to be paid he paid it with his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    He died trying to right his wrongs. It's not a stretch to think that maybe people saw Yondu trying to redeem himself. The movie does say that when Yondu realized that the children were being harmed by their father he refused to deliver Peter. He did what he could to make up for his mistakes. People like that can be and are forgiven, but maybe if there was still a price/debt that needed to be paid he paid it with his life.
    And then there's the small detail of his helping to save the universe. Which is a fairly important thing to do.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I enjoyed this movie a great deal. At first I wasn't happy with the movies going against the comics in regards to Starlord's father. But looking at the movie on it's own merits and not from a comic fan point of view, it was a darn good movie. Lots of laughs, crazy action sequences and some tender moments. I give it 8/10.

Not quite as good as the first, but only by a smidge.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by daisetsu100 View Post

also ADAM FREAKING WARLOCK! (only i didnt really say FREAKING). i hope he gets included somehow in infinity war.
    Rumor is he will not be in Infinity War, but in the Avengers movie. I'll believe it when I see it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by daisetsu100 View Post
    if there was one thing id criticize in the movie, its that drax laugh. it really doesnt feel natural.
    See, I thought it was perfect. That's what I imagine Drax's laugh would be like.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's not Hela. That's Michelle Yeoh as Aleta Ogord, the female Starhawk.

The original Guardians in the movie are as follows:

Sly Stallone as Stakar/Starhawk
    Michelle Yeoh as Aleta Ogord
    Ving Rhames as Charlie-27

There is also Kurgarr and Mainframe though as far as I know their actors haven't been revealed yet.

http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-t...original-team/

Yeah, he's pretty good. Much better than Ronan and he fits the Guardians theme better.

According to Gunn, Fox had the rights to Ego (for some reason) and Marvel had the rights for Negasonic Teenage Warhead so they exchanged.

Turned out to be a great exchange for Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I thought this was really good. As someone who didn't really enjoy the first all that much, I thought the second was very good. It was all about the characters, and the decision to focus on that and have the relationships and interactions between the characters be the main thrust of the film paid off imo. It was just really entertaining watching these characters interact.

I think the no plot progression/purpose thing has merit but for me the characters were more than serviceable in not making that a big issue at all. Honestly, I think every relationship/emotion in the film felt authentic. Every single one, and I find it incredible that the film was able to sell that and make it work with so many different characters. Definitely one of the strongest Marvel movies to date in terms of depth. Wasn't as shallow as some of the other films.

And damn, I almost died with the Pac Man cameo
    I laughed (again) at Starlord saying he was going to erect a giant statue of Heather Locklear

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    > Marvel has another failure with Gamora. The character just isn't likable. I think this is partly due to Zoe Saldana, as she is without a doubt the weakest chain in the cast for the Star Trek reboot,
    I disagree. Zoe is a darn good actress. Gamora is supposed to be withdrawn emotionally, so it's going to be hard for that character to be likable. Thing is, after this movie, I think Zoe pulled it off. That ending between her and Nebula and then later on with Peter was great.