Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post

Where's the challenge in that story-wise?
    If they can't even be bothered to come up with a one-sentence explanation then it just goes to show that they are being lazy and not even bothering to think these stories through properly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    So is Jeen. But she's not all serious all the time. All leaders should and do have different personalities.
    Kitty isn't a teenager anymore. You can't have the naive, peppy drama queen of the Claremont days leading a team. Besides, she had a bunch of quippy lines in the first issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If they can't even be bothered to come up with a one-sentence explanation then it just goes to show that they are being lazy and not even bothering to think these stories through properly.
    But you have to set up a challenge to make the narative more interesting. Or if you want to be crazy, nerf Magik's power-set.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Really? Because former NX-Men kids like Match, Prodigy, and Pixie has seemed to break the student time-loop. Former two are in America Chavez's college. So weird when the graduations from the student books were usually some of the most important issues. And to see them just ignore that is so mind blowing.

And if this is what he meant by "Anole's going to appear a lot" then I'd rather not have this. I mean, they can't even address that Piotr was literally leading Anole, Glob, No-Girl, and Ernst as actual X-Men and they literally spent a year in an apocalyptic wasteland who was conditioned to kill them at every turn?? Like it hasn't even been a whole year yet and we're ignoring continuity.
    Prodigy is not in mutant school because he is not a mutant. Pixie regressed back to student a while ago. Match is the only outlier here, treating Xavier's as a college rather then high school is nothing new.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Why is Martha the fragile brain there?

Toss her out, she's a waste of space and will only betray the team and hold them back.

The team literally doesn't need her as Rachel is a 100 Martha's in 1 and then some. So her not being brought onto the team, or any team ever, needs to stick.

I swear, she better not appear later to help the team as she's useless and will only cause more trouble.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 04-28-2017 at 02:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    But you have to set up a challenge to make the narative more interesting. Or if you want to be crazy, nerf Magik's power-set.
    Between Mesmero's illusions and Magma's volcano powers it shouldn't be too hard to write a challenge for her. Especially if she holds back against Magma. It's not like Justice League or the Avengers has to constantly ignore the fact that Superman and Thor exist for the sake of the story. And even then, a sentence on why the person who moved the school to its current location isn't hanging out with her brother and best friend is not too much to ask. One measly sentence. But they're too lazy for even that.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Wait..... Rockslide and Armor were chosen due to durability and shields, so why did they not choose Indra?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Someone tell Guggenheim that half the "kids" he's using should be in college and already graduated. Seriously, this is getting annoying.
    Her whole attitude is annoying. It's a "holier than thou" thing. Kitty honestly feels like a representation of the author..neither one of them knows what's going on in the XUniverse and treats the other characters like they know nothing and she knows everything. The younger generation has seen more genocide and violence than she has her entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Wait..... Rockslide and Armor were chosen due to durability and shields, so why did they not choose Indra?
    Because she doesn't know who he is and that's a problem tbh.

They were chosen due to blunt force and defensive capabilities. Indra has only one of those two.

Perhaps Kitty also considered Rogue's reports on Indra's personal issues with violence.

Last edited by Fokken; 04-28-2017 at 06:49 AM.

It's still good but the writer still needs to find a way to introduce some good mystery or a good plot that readers will not realize the outcome before they read the story.

I am glad that the writer decided to put some of the students along with the adults on the mission.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It's still good but the writer still needs to find a way to introduce some good mystery or a good plot that readers will not realize the outcome before they read the story.

I am glad that the writer decided to put some of the students along with the adults on the mission.
    Hopefully the author is employing misdirection vis a vis Lydia Nance, OML effortlessly winning versus 3 Brotherhood etc.

Also, I am never the one to say this but it's gotten SO insane that even I notice it: WHY IS STORM WALLPAPER????
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Hopefully the author is employing misdirection vis a vis Lydia Nance, OML effortlessly winning versus 3 Brotherhood etc.

Also, I am never the one to say this but it's gotten SO insane that even I notice it: WHY IS STORM WALLPAPER????
    Good question even hurts considering that a short time ago she was the leader of the mutants (although this phase did not do very well for the character).

I wanna like this book so bad but the writing makes that so hard. I can't enjoy characters I actually like when they come out so stiff and I am getting sick of this whole keepiing characters as students even though they had been aged or gone through the trial by fre stage of their x-men careers.

it comes specially dumb from miss "Professor Xavier is a jerk I was with the x-men since I was 13" here. Seriously why are the books with the most classic cast wasted on such lackluster team book writers like Aaron, Lemire and now Guggie? Ugh.

Magma is still my only hope for this book.

BANNED

I don't like Armor and Rockslide coming along on this one. The X-Men were already more powerful than the Brotherhood without these two. I honestly don't like the x-brats. I couldn't care less for Anole, Armor, Rockslide, etc. In fact, I don't care for any X-Man character created for the X-books since the new millennium.