Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I don't like Armor and Rockslide coming along on this one. The X-Men were already more powerful than the Brotherhood without these two. I honestly don't like the x-brats. I couldn't care less for Anole, Armor, Rockslide, etc. In fact, I don't care for any X-Man character created for the X-books since the new millennium.
    They should probably get their own books, honestly the excuse for Durability is dumb. We have Rachel to protect the team with TK shields

Unglaublich!

So 3 issues in (nearly) for Guggenheim's run and he seems to be falling into the trap that a lot of writers do: either using Kurt as wallpaper or writing him as the member who gets taken out very early on!

Carey did the same thing in No More Humans.

Seagle did it when the Excalibur lot rejoined the X-Men.

He may as well not have even been part of Lemire's EXM as even the issue that was supposed to be all about him ended being a showcase for Jeen instead!

It seems that writers either don't know or simply ignore that he's a competent strategist in his own right, and a more than capable leader. In fact, aside from Claremont (in NC's most recent mini), I'd say there's only been Jason Aaron who's actually written him well in recent years... with the possible exception of Bunn in Civil War 2: X-Men.

It's sad for a fan to see. Realistically though, in two issues (3 if you include this preview) there's only Kitty and Logan who've had any real spotlight. A good writer who's capable of balancing a powerful cast such as this would find a way to shine a light on ALL of the cast...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    So 3 issues in (nearly) for Guggenheim's run and he seems to be falling into the trap that a lot of writers do: either using Kurt as wallpaper or writing him as the member who gets taken out very early on!
    I feel this is true for everyone in this series, but Kitty. It's more like Kitty & the Xmen with everyone else being background wallpaper with a few throw away lines here and there and Kitty not only being the only one in the spotlight, but literally telling everyone what to do instead of them acting like a team. There are barely any panels where she isn't shown.

The speeches that she gives are the same things we've already heard over the years from Xavier, Storm, Cyclops, Magneto.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I agree focus has been Kitty + OML. Which is understandable though... doesn't really bother me too much. Storm being wallpaper is disturbing though. And I wish Storm, Nightcrawler, and Colossus had updated more modern costumes not their 1975 era ones (or that look almost exactly like those, even if technically different). Kitty's costume doesnt really bother me, I kind of like a super basic approach for her. I am anticipating Rachel getting a bigger role in the book as it continues given her connections with Kitty. Which pleases me she is the most appealing character there along with Kitty for my tastes. I'm happy the "kiddos" are getting panels even if not super well used. We'll see, give the book more issues people before you judge it SO harsh. Remember there's only like 20 or so pages to worth with per issue here. ONly so much spotlight to give out while you're trying to scene set, build up story, villians, side characters.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Incredible Member

Hoping Rachel doesn't get jobbed by Mesmero.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Hoping Rachel doesn't get jobbed by Mesmero.
    Well considering freaking Old Man Logan stumped him yeah. That would just be stupid. (Unless OML was in a hallucination the entire last chapter somehow and didn't actually defeat 3 of the BoEM single handedly)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I don't like Armor and Rockslide coming along on this one. The X-Men were already more powerful than the Brotherhood without these two. I honestly don't like the x-brats. I couldn't care less for Anole, Armor, Rockslide, etc. In fact, I don't care for any X-Man character created for the X-books since the new millennium.
    [img]https://encrypted-tbn1.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS81WQ1clIJgDb-ady1o5UvYERaji6AO7N_sULe65hawYrYhAzZcz7n7Z8[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Prodigy is not in mutant school because he is not a mutant. Pixie regressed back to student a while ago. Match is the only outlier here, treating Xavier's as a college rather then high school is nothing new.
    Really? Because he was there for a LONG time, even after Schism. It wasn't like he got kicked out like Dani Moonstar or other depowered mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Her whole attitude is annoying. It's a "holier than thou" thing. Kitty honestly feels like a representation of the author..neither one of them knows what's going on in the XUniverse and treats the other characters like they know nothing and she knows everything. The younger generation has seen more genocide and violence than she has her entire life.
    HONESTLY THIS! While she was taking a break from the X-Men, these kids were dealing with not only their home being destroyed but also being hunted down by The Right. The most I could say that Kitty's life was harder than the X-Students was during the Astonishing era where the students were actually focusing on school and not on dying. But then....blah blah blah Kitty saves Earth...blah blah blah House of M...blah blah blah nearly all the students are either dying, dead, committing suicide, or had retained their powers. All the mutants waved goodbye to their friends before seeing them literally blown up, then another explosion. The students then had to fight each other to maintain their role as junior X-Men. Friends go missing and abducted as the Purifiers literally stroll in and start shooting up the kids. Kitty's still in space. The students then have to rescue Forge and then fight off an advanced version of Nimrod...ALONE. Then, several get kidnapped by Kimura and tortured before having to fight their way out. If that's not enough, they get sucked into Limbo where several of them die several times. This doesn't even account for times like Messiah Complex and Second Coming. I mean, they even fought in IvX, when Kitty was nowhere to be found.

Looks good. Unfortunately after coming across as a total badass in issue #2, Logan gets jobbed again at the beginning of this one. But I suppose there isn't much he can do against hot magma...

Oh well. I'm liking this series thus far. Sure, it's safe and nostalgic feeling, but they can't all be groundbreaking runs. Certainly miles better than what preceded it, at least IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Really? Because he was there for a LONG time, even after Schism. It wasn't like he got kicked out like Dani Moonstar or other depowered mutants.
    As far as I know he's a mutant but it's still depowered from M-Day...

BANNED

Actually.......that squad of X-Men could get their own book and I'd read it:

Indra, Anole, Armor, Shark-Girl, Genesis, No-Girl, Rockslide, and Triage.

A diverse team, in the race, gender, and sexuality subsets.

THIS is the team Kitty should be leading and Storm should be charge of Gold...

BANNED

[img]https://encrypted-tbn1.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS81WQ1clIJgDb-ady1o5UvYERaji6AO7N_sULe65hawYrYhAzZcz7n7Z8[/img]

HONESTLY THIS! While she was taking a break from the X-Men, these kids were dealing with not only their home being destroyed but also being hunted down by The Right. The most I could say that Kitty's life was harder than the X-Students was during the Astonishing era where the students were actually focusing on school and not on dying. But then....blah blah blah Kitty saves Earth...blah blah blah House of M...blah blah blah nearly all the students are either dying, dead, committing suicide, or had retained their powers. All the mutants waved goodbye to their friends before seeing them literally blown up, then another explosion. The students then had to fight each other to maintain their role as junior X-Men. Friends go missing and abducted as the Purifiers literally stroll in and start shooting up the kids. Kitty's still in space. The students then have to rescue Forge and then fight off an advanced version of Nimrod...ALONE. Then, several get kidnapped by Kimura and tortured before having to fight their way out. If that's not enough, they get sucked into Limbo where several of them die several times. This doesn't even account for times like Messiah Complex and Second Coming. I mean, they even fought in IvX, when Kitty was nowhere to be found.
    Kitty was with the X-Men during Kyost's NXM run.

I don't consider this farce to be the real Kitty though. My head canon is that she's finally having those demon hunting adventures with Magik and Syitty/Cyclitty/KINO appearing in Guggs' nostalgia fest is a dupe created by Yana's magic.

BANNED

Storm shouldn't be in charge of anything after she almost destroyed mutantkind.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Storm shouldn't be in charge of anything after she almost destroyed mutantkind.
    she didn't almost destroy it.. marvel and their horrible mandate did.

within the confines of the story she did what she felt right to save mutants.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    At least someone remembers the NXM HAVE been in combat for a change. Seriously, those kids have more than earned their stripes.
    this is true

i agree

not a bad idea
    Last edited by steve2275; 04-28-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Incredible Member

Add Pixie and I'm in