Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This book needs to be demoted from being a "flagship" book, its not really delivering anything great story wise as opposed to blue which is shockingly really good

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Add Pixie and I'm in
    Who'd the writer be? I know the artist should absolutely be Javier Garron with David Curiel as the colorist.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    THIS is the team Kitty should be leading and Storm should be charge of Gold...
    Just add Oya and were good to go. Put Hellion, Gentle, PIXIE, Sprite, Dust, and Surge in a combination of Uncanny Avengers, Champions, and X-Men Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    As far as I know he's a mutant but it's still depowered from M-Day...
    Yeah, depowered. Do we ever see him actually leave because he disappears after Schism and reappears in Young Avengers, finally aging

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Kitty was with the X-Men during Kyost's NXM run.

I don't consider this farce to be the real Kitty though. My head canon is that she's finally having those demon hunting adventures with Magik and Syitty/Cyclitty/KINO appearing in Guggs' nostalgia fest is a dupe created by Yana's magic.
    Timing with Astonishing X-Men/New X-Men and the Messiah Trilogy were initially so weird. But yeah, pretty sure those aren't the real Kitty, Colossus, and Storm. They could all get weird stories, like how original Generation X had fakes/misunderstandings of who Monet, Mondo, and Penance were.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    At least someone remembers the NXM HAVE been in combat for a change. Seriously, those kids have more than earned their stripes.
    Is it wrong to say that some of them are more fit to be X-Men than some classic characters??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    This book needs to be demoted from being a "flagship" book, its not really delivering anything great story wise as opposed to blue which is shockingly really good
    They should bring back Uncanny when Legacy begins this summer, using the classic issue numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Is it wrong to say that some of them are more fit to be X-Men than some classic characters??
    It's particularly sad that they need ROCKSLIDE, of all people, to point all this out to them.

They should bring back Uncanny when Legacy begins this summer, using the classic issue numbers.

It's particularly sad that they need ROCKSLIDE, of all people, to point all this out to them.
    Pretty much this x10

With a creative team, roster, and direction worthy of taking Uncanny forward and up to #700.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Whoops. Weapon X #2 seems to think this is already out. X-Men Gold #4 next week, it says.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Whoops. Weapon X #2 seems to think this is already out. X-Men Gold #4 next week, it says.
    Probably because of the delay in the aftermath of #1.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    So 3 issues in (nearly) for Guggenheim's run and he seems to be falling into the trap that a lot of writers do: either using Kurt as wallpaper or writing him as the member who gets taken out very early on!

Carey did the same thing in No More Humans.

Seagle did it when the Excalibur lot rejoined the X-Men.

He may as well not have even been part of Lemire's EXM as even the issue that was supposed to be all about him ended being a showcase for Jeen instead!

It seems that writers either don't know or simply ignore that he's a competent strategist in his own right, and a more than capable leader. In fact, aside from Claremont (in NC's most recent mini), I'd say there's only been Jason Aaron who's actually written him well in recent years... with the possible exception of Bunn in Civil War 2: X-Men.

It's sad for a fan to see. Realistically though, in two issues (3 if you include this preview) there's only Kitty and Logan who've had any real spotlight. A good writer who's capable of balancing a powerful cast such as this would find a way to shine a light on ALL of the cast...
    Well, Kurt is their only Teleporter.

If I was an evil Supervillain I would try to take out the Telepath, Rachel, and the Teleporter, Kurt, first than pull the noose over the remaining members.

Effing Aye!! Rockslide and Anole!!
    Kitty said "Lemme Upgrade ya just nothing but gold and blue lables, upgrade ya."

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Really? Because he was there for a LONG time, even after Schism. It wasn't like he got kicked out like Dani Moonstar or other depowered mutants.
    He stayed to help his friends and he was on Utopia. He stopped being student though, and he was never a student at JGS. Never set foot there at all. He was an X-Men when Scott declared everyone on Utopia an X-Men but does not mean he should be here now. There are tons of X-Men that don't appear available for Kitty to call upon.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Eh, I disagree. It's dealing with big issues, much bigger than teenage drama and yet another failed attempt to send the kids back.

Probably because of the delay in the aftermath of #1.
    No. #3 was always meant to be next week, only #2 was delayed. #4 isn't due until two weeks after that. So unlike Gold #2 saying Blue #2 next week when they came out together, which was caused by the delay, this one is an avoidable goof.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Well, Kurt is their only Teleporter.

If I was an evil Supervillain I would try to take out the Telepath, Rachel, and the Teleporter, Kurt, first than pull the noose over the remaining members.
    Which is why they should be using a better teleporter like Pixie or Magik instead. I mean I like Nightcrawler but he's just being used to retread familiar ground. Give Pixie a chance in a team book. Colossus could have been replaced with Rockslide from the very get go as well. Storm could be Surge. Just sayin'

It's time for when they make team lineups to start INCLUDING SOME NEWER/YOUNGER CHARACTERS. Not every single member of the lineup mind you that would be alienating to casual fans of course and nostalgia readers. But SOME.

Right now literally the one member of Gold who is making it at all unique or interesting is Rachel. Kitty as leader is too of course. But that's it, I mean what new stories are you telling by using Storm Colossus Nightcrawler and an AU Wolverine?
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 04-29-2017 at 05:09 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Eh, I disagree. It's dealing with big issues, much bigger than teenage drama and yet another failed attempt to send the kids back.
    Just because its dealing with "bigger" issues doesn't really mean the story is any good, the book is very pale and stiff and kind of unoriginal in comparison to Blue which I honestly thought I was going to hate, this is all my opinion and totally understand that some people like this also

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    He stayed to help his friends and he was on Utopia. He stopped being student though, and he was never a student at JGS. Never set foot there at all. He was an X-Men when Scott declared everyone on Utopia an X-Men but does not mean he should be here now. There are tons of X-Men that don't appear available for Kitty to call upon.
    Yeah, he never joined JGS because he sided with Scott during Schism then IIRC left after AvX.

This is why we we Emma. If not for her, I doubt these kids would even be alive. And she would take them seriously, unlike Kitty.