Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default I'm worried that Spider-Man is no longer the company mascot

Popularity wise he is still on top, but that doesnt matter if your not promoted as much as other heroes, people wont know who is more important to a companies top selling franchise. Ever since mvc and the avengers i dont see spiderman as franchise icon anymore or a mascot.

Which is funny dc puts batman in front of every hero in promotions of dc as he is more popular than superman, dcs first superhero.

If not Spider-Man, then who?

The biggest knock against Spider-Man being the company mascot ended last year when he made a high-profile entrance to the MCU.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

The biggest knock against Spider-Man as the company mascot ended last year when he made a high-profile entrance to the MCU.
    Since Spider-Man, Black Panther , Ant-Man, and a few others are newer to the MCU, Parker may become more prominent with Infinity War and the aftermath of it in the MCU.

BANNED

At least Spidee-Man is the company mascot of Parker Industries, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

The biggest knock against Spider-Man as the company mascot ended last year when he made a high-profile entrance to the MCU.
    Iron Man. And it has been since the Heroic Age. We have his 2008 movie to thank for that.

Iron Man may be the face of the movie universe, but he doesn't even come close to representing the company itself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Iron Man. And it has been since the Heroic Age. We have his 2008 movie to thank for that.
    Yeah, no.

He may be the top dog of the MCU, but they haven't been able to make Tony Stark happen at all in the publishing division.

Funny, I remember when they announced Bendis on Iron Man, they said something along the lines that Iron Man has essentially overtaken Spider-Man as Marvel's most iconic character

Iron Man Is Marvel's New Mascot And Brian Michael Bendis Is Writing His Relaunch -

I think Spider-Man status as Marvel's most beloved character isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but say that another character replaced him as the mascot, so what? The character is still a fan favorite. Take the X-Men. They're not as big as they were in the '90s, but they're still one of Marvel's popular franchises (maybe more so in the Fox movies than the comics, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    Funny, I remember when they announced Bendis on Iron Man, they said something along the lines that Iron Man has essentially overtaken Spider-Man as Marvel's most iconic character

Iron Man Is Marvel's New Mascot And Brian Michael Bendis Is Writing His Relaunch -
    Isn't Iron Man more of the MCU's mascot than the comic's mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post

Nope. they said
    Marvel's Tom Brevoort says that the publisher is "repositioning Iron Man to be [its] most prominent character."
    Meaning that they're trying to make him more prominent , not that he is.

... then they killed him and replaced him with a black girl and Dr. Doom anyway.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Popularity wise he is still on top, but that doesnt matter if your not promoted as much as other heroes, people wont know who is more important to a companies top selling franchise. Ever since mvc and the avengers i dont see spiderman as franchise icon anymore or a mascot.

Which is funny dc puts batman in front of every hero in promotions of dc as he is more popular than superman, dcs first superhero.
    I don't know if that is true, how many Spider-fill-in-the-blank characters do we have now?

That's based on Marvel's reliance on Spider-man being their mascot and most popular character. Even in the face of the Sony/marvel film rights issue Spider-Man has been the face of Marvel comics. I would say Spider-Man is one of the few characters that doesn't need advertising since the character transcends comics and is a pop culture icon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sad but true, i barely see his stuff on clothes racks anymore. Only Caps sheild. Dradpools logo or the avengers logo with dc superman and batmsn logos.

This doesnt happen to Mario and Mickry Mouse

BANNED

If anyone doesn't think that Spider-Man isn't still Marvel's #1 character and isn't completely embedded in the popular culture, they're mistaken.

As someone with a young kid, I see what kids my son's age wear and I see a ton of Spidey T-shirts, hats, jackets, backpacks, you name it. Believe me, Spider-Man is well represented.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If anyone doesn't think that Spider-Man isn't still Marvel's #1 character and isn't completely embedded in the popular culture, they're mistaken.

As someone with a young kid, I see what kids my son's age wear and I see a ton of Spidey T-shirts, hats, jackets, backpacks, you name it. Believe me, Spider-Man is well represented.
    Yeah, I still see a lot of merchandise from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

I keep hoping Spider-man takes the top spot again... but Iron man has had the most push. He won the first Civil War, he was put in charge of SHIELD and the world in general... The rebooted the Avengers cartoon and made him the defacto leader able to boss Capt. America around about pretty much anything. Meanwhile they killed of Peter Parker and replaced him with Doc Ock...

Then when they do bring back Peter... he's running his own tech company like Iron man...

If you had told 90's me that Iron Man would dethrone Parker as the #1 Marvel Mascot?? I would never have believed it. Though even back then it seemed like Wolverine was working at team mascot...

Ultimate Spider-Man still sells merchandise, but this latest crop of stuff seems to focus on Miles as much as Peter... And other than that?? I REALLy don't see Spider-man promoted as much I used to. He used to be featured on everything Marvel touched... but now? It's really MCU focused and Avengers specifically. And again, with Iron Man up front.

Hopefully the new movie will help right the ship... but having Tony design the Spider-suit doesn't sound encouraging.