Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
There is a sense that you are correct. However, my own perspective is:

1) I love her outfit and attitude. It's everything I want Robin to be like (even though I love Tim).

2) There is a lot of potential - I really think there's a strong case to be made that the story really only goes downhill in the last issue of Robin - it just feels so arbitrary at the very end to me. So I still view the first two and a half issues of Robin, and her tie-ins with Batgirl and Tec, very positively (though there are a few things I can criticize, like Steph having to re-learn not to kill).

3) I don't see why we have to say that Steph's not a real Robin because Robin isn't the role that defines her. Dick and Jason have both had other roles that have eclipsed their time as Robin.

4) Additionally, part of my insistence that Steph is a "real" or whatever Robin is because I want to redress the wrong that editorial did to Steph. Her time mattered, despite they're hatred of her character.
I see what you mean by the first 2 things especially number 1. As for your third point I have to disagree and tie it into the 4th one that no her time as Robin really did not matter in the long run especially to the family and myths as a whole. Also while Dick and Jason's new roles may have eclipsed their robin role( which I think can actually be argued against in some cases with Dick), it was the Robin role that defined their relationships with Bruce and made their marks in Batmans history. Robin ( especially the father/son/ mentor/ partnership)is important and needed in both those histories where it isn't so much in Stephanie case. She could go straight from Spoiler to Batgirl and keep in her problems with Bruce without that stupid baggage that her Robin storyline had.