Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
Perhaps back in the day when Batman and robins were more of a duo. I think the position is eyed more becuase of recognizability.
I agree with Damian it’s not a forever thing, and you should adavance from it. I like how people know Damian Name first before Robin. I think it will help in the long run.
I think the idea that it's not a forever thing is only because creators get too excited about making their own new Robin, and have since Tim's creation (with the competition from Anarky). Since Damian's creation, we've had Harper, Duke, all of the We Are Robins (though of course they have a different position), Maps (yes, she's Robin in an AU, but it's still something DC is publishing), Gotham Girl filling the Robin role for Thomas, and Clownhunter (clearly Tynion's attempt to make another Edgy Robin). I like most of these characters, but I think that the jockeying for the Robin slot isn't good for any of them. But it's going to keep continuing until someone pulls a Morrison and creates one in a story strong enough that it displaces Damian. And the cycle will continue from there. I think it's key that Damian's solo titles have all been as Robin, even if he himself has questions about what his role is.

Or they'll reboot completely and ban any new character creation. But that seems more destructive than any other option.